Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray blows Berdych off the court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray blows Berdych off the court

(Read 3357 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #75 on: September 09, 2012, 12:23 PM »

I bet he had a different opinion during the first set.

Berdych is a tit - from what I heard, even Andy was sceptical that the hat falling off distracted him.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #76 on: September 09, 2012, 12:41 PM »

Berdych is a tit - from what I heard, even Andy was sceptical that the hat falling off distracted him.

I didn't actually see the incident due to stream freezing (but many thanks to those who explained what happened), but this article seems unimpressed with Berdych...

Minutes later, with Murray facing a break point in the fourth game, he raced forward to get to a short shot, and a combination of his momentum and the wind pulled his white baseball cap off his head as he made contact with the ball. At the other end, Berdych failed to get to Murray's response, and Maria initially awarded the point to Murray, making the score deuce.

But Berdych argued that he was distracted by the flying hat and engaged the official in a bit of an argument. Murray approached and injected himself into the conversation, asking Berdych whether he was certain the hat affected the outcome of the point.

"I'm just asking if you're 100 percent sure," Murray repeated.

It was a true act of sportsmanship
, leading to Maria's ruling that the point should be replayed. Murray tried to chip a lob that landed long, and Berdych got the point -- and the break.

More at http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen12/story/_/id/8353280/2012-us-open-andy-murray-tops-tomas-berdych-windy-open-final
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #77 on: September 09, 2012, 01:06 PM »

Just seen a clip courtesy of a US replay.
OH my word! Hat nowhere near Berdych. No way was diddums distracted. shocking
American comms horrified and scathing. naughty
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #78 on: September 09, 2012, 01:47 PM »

Andy should have accepted the umpires call and let Berdych vent his feelings at him. The point was his, the hat fell off after he dropped the shot B was no where near and only complained when he lost the point. Think his hat was glued on! confused      
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #79 on: September 09, 2012, 01:51 PM »

This is not the first time Berdych creates a scene.
Remember the match against Nicolas Almagro??
The crowd booed him since he refused to shake hands after the match..
IP Logged
Masaka
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #80 on: September 09, 2012, 02:01 PM »

Berdych's behaviour on that point was out and out cheating in my opinion. He completely deserved to lose the match after that. I hope he feels suitable ashamed of himself, but given he is an arrogant, immature embarrassment of a "man", I doubt he will be. He and Fed are in good company.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #81 on: September 09, 2012, 02:11 PM »

Yeah, we know Berdych can be a twat but not so daft as to not know the rules....If the boot was on the other foot and it was Andy complaining, you can bet your bottom dollar that Ivan would be smirking and thinking "that's my boy".
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #82 on: September 09, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Andy wouldn't have complained though.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #83 on: September 09, 2012, 03:04 PM »

I would love to see Berdy and Andy having a good old punch-up to sort it out, my money would be on Andy any time.  Reminded me of the famous incident with Del Potro...love to see a bit of aggro now and again, the modern tennis player is far too polite - well in front of the cameras anyway.

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #84 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Great report, thanks Nigel. Especially since you were multi-tasking yesterday. Very Happy

Our Wind Warrior has proven he belongs with the Big Boys. Fierce stuff!

So proud of him. clap
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #85 on: September 09, 2012, 03:50 PM »

Another stat:

Murray becomes the first player in history to go on to reach the US Open final after winning the Olympics.

Incidentally it was Murray that prevented Nadal from achieving this feat back in 2008.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #86 on: September 09, 2012, 03:56 PM »

Loved the report Nigel.  Andy was excellent in handling the conditions, the video of this match should be shown to all aspiring tennis champions in how to use the conditions to suit your game.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #87 on: September 09, 2012, 04:11 PM »

No doubt, but to the ire of Ivan.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #88 on: September 09, 2012, 05:34 PM »

Great report Nigel and great win for our Andy against the elements and the player we all love to hate.  Johnny Mac said that how Andy dealt with the hat incident was a class act. I didn't for a moment think it had distracted birdshit.
so proud of Andy and I'm sure the delay of the final will help him as it will give him more time to recover and delighted to see that Ferrer has been pushing Nole.  May he push him to 5 sets please
running out of credit in this internet cafe and still can't find out what time final is tomorrow.  Could this be Andy's time ?  May it be so
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #89 on: September 09, 2012, 05:57 PM »

My son, who is the same age as Andy and quite moralistic as the young can be, watched the replay of the hat incident and said he didn't think Andy would have been happy with being awarded the point if the rules say the point should have been replayed.  He would have felt that he had cheated. 
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »