Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray blows Berdych off the court 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray blows Berdych off the court

(Read 3635 times)
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #90 on: September 09, 2012, 05:59 PM »

He ain't becoming a lawyer then?
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #91 on: September 09, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Great report Nigel and great win for our Andy against the elements and the player we all love to hate.  Johnny Mac said that how Andy dealt with the hat incident was a class act. I didn't for a moment think it had distracted birdshit.
so proud of Andy and I'm sure the delay of the final will help him as it will give him more time to recover and delighted to see that Ferrer has been pushing Nole.  May he push him to 5 sets please
running out of credit in this internet cafe and still can't find out what time final is tomorrow.  Could this be Andy's time ?  May it be so
I read comments after an article on the match and the hat incident was highlighted, all without exception said that Berdy was arrogant and a cheat. All thought his pre match comments showed arrogance and that he needed to change as he seems to have made enemies of both his fellow players and the public.
I'm not sure if it was Berdy who was the one involved with the change of balls during a match with Andy.The player complained the balls were flat and the Umpire had them changed to new balls and Andy was not informed, who was receiving serve was not prepared for the change of balls. I know he was very angry at the time. Have a strong feeling it was Berdy.
[ Last edit by michelle September 09, 2012, 06:41 PM ] IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #92 on: September 09, 2012, 06:24 PM »

Yes, you are absolutely right. It happened in Paris last autumn when he asked for new balls in the middle of his service game facing breakpoints. Obviously he tries anything to get an advantage. But again, the umpire allowed it.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #93 on: September 09, 2012, 06:33 PM »

I had forgotten about that incident - he really is a nasty piece of work.  I think Lucie Safarova is well shot of him!
IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #94 on: September 09, 2012, 09:51 PM »

I got very annoyed with the Eurosport comms who kept reminding us that Federer had played Agassi in the USO final in 2005, and won, despite conditions being, so they said, even windier than they were today.  Quite frankly I failed to see the relevance of that to this match.  It seems to me these Fed worshippers have to drag his name into everything.  It's pathetic.
I got very annoyed with the Eurosport comms who kept reminding us that Federer had played Agassi in the USO final in 2005, and won, despite conditions being, so they said, even windier than they were today.  Quite frankly I failed to see the relevance of that to this match.  It seems to me these Fed worshippers have to drag his name into everything.  It's pathetic.

I was moving between different streams, and I was apparent how anti Andy the eurosport comms were.  Calling Berdych shots in, and then saying Andy was lucky when hawk eye showed it was out. I mean to say!!!  They also seemed to be pleading for a Berdych comeback, and quickly became sanctimonius when Andy "threw away" his lead, using this as an example of his weakness.  These people Frew MacMillan, Chris thingmy and Annabel Croft should not be allowed to make their money from commentating on Andy Murray games.  They go and join Virginnia Wade in some parallel, less exciting, tennis universe, where they all worship the Goat!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #95 on: September 09, 2012, 10:18 PM »

I didn't actually see the incident due to stream freezing (but many thanks to those who explained what happened), but this article seems unimpressed with Berdych...

Minutes later, with Murray facing a break point in the fourth game, he raced forward to get to a short shot, and a combination of his momentum and the wind pulled his white baseball cap off his head as he made contact with the ball. At the other end, Berdych failed to get to Murray's response, and Maria initially awarded the point to Murray, making the score deuce.

But Berdych argued that he was distracted by the flying hat and engaged the official in a bit of an argument. Murray approached and injected himself into the conversation, asking Berdych whether he was certain the hat affected the outcome of the point.

"I'm just asking if you're 100 percent sure," Murray repeated.

It was a true act of sportsmanship
, leading to Maria's ruling that the point should be replayed. Murray tried to chip a lob that landed long, and Berdych got the point -- and the break.

More at http://espn.go.com/tennis/usopen12/story/_/id/8353280/2012-us-open-andy-murray-tops-tomas-berdych-windy-open-final

My understanding was that Murray was asking Berdych if he was 100% sure he would have got to the ball.
IP Logged
Mak

Re: Murray blows Berdych off the court « Reply #96 on: September 10, 2012, 03:23 AM »

Thanks to those who assisted me with times on Page 4, i've been up at nearly every darn hour to try and catch these matches. Glad to (hopefully) get a time nailed down.

Really appreciate it <3.

I hope the lad does it for himself on this one, he really deserves it after all these years. This past year and a half has really felt like a new era for him, hes ready.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »