Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray breezes past Dodig 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray breezes past Dodig

(Read 2942 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #30 on: August 30, 2012, 05:52 PM »

Nice match report from Kevin Mitchell of the Guardian [though I know there is at least one of you who says he's never met anyone who reads the G  Whistle ]

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/aug/30/us-open-andy-murray-tennis
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #31 on: August 30, 2012, 05:57 PM »

Who? Name that person!!!
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #32 on: August 30, 2012, 05:58 PM »

It was a nice performance last night; very clean and focused.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #33 on: August 30, 2012, 06:10 PM »

Who? Name that person!!!
Already forgotten Robbie, but was it you by any chance???????
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #34 on: August 30, 2012, 06:19 PM »

Funny you should say that Ruthie, my better half says I suffer from selective amnesia but I always say that if I do, I can never remember it...Arf! Arf!
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #35 on: August 30, 2012, 07:20 PM »

Nice match report from Kevin Mitchell of the Guardian [though I know there is at least one of you who says he's never met anyone who reads the G  Whistle ]

Good article - Mitchell has always been very positive about Andy I think.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #36 on: August 30, 2012, 07:34 PM »

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #37 on: August 30, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Thanks John Smile Andy and his phone   lmao
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #38 on: August 30, 2012, 10:02 PM »

I always feel Kevin Mitchell's articles on Andy are very supportive and balanced.  Just for the record I buy the Guardian every day, great paper, love it.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #39 on: August 30, 2012, 11:52 PM »

Despite Dodig's recent fall of form, he played really well last night but as Dodig's coach mentioned to Pam S. while shaking his head that, Andy was just on another dimension.

It was a night match and I guess Andy liked playing Dodig, so it all worked out for him. It was a terrific match to watch; that is, if you watched it live. The next match is going to be a day match I have a feeling (and the next probably again a night match if Andy makes it to 3rd round) and it’s most probably Lopez judging by the current score. . 
Lopez it certainly is.  He had a tough five-setter against Andujar who fought back from two sets down but lost the fifth 7-5.

Andy likes playing Lopez as well but which Andy will show up is still a matter of pure guessing.  We probably shouldn’t expect that he’s going to be super aggressive in each match from this point on, but if he is then it’s all good but perhaps best to expect more of a mixed performance.
I think we're kind of used to this situation, EJ! Very Happy   Still, as the match is on Saturday, and probably a daytime one, Andy will have more time to practise in, and acclimatise to, the hotter conditions, and hopefully get his hydration balance right.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #40 on: August 31, 2012, 09:14 AM »

I always feel Kevin Mitchell's articles on Andy are very supportive and balanced.  Just for the record I buy the Guardian every day, great paper, love it.
I agree Iris and I think his writing is rather like our Nigel's -vivid and often funny.    I think we're not the only Guardian readers on this site even if some (Robbie???) might think of us as a weird practically extinct species  Whistle
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #41 on: August 31, 2012, 06:05 PM »

"As for who he might play, Murray said: "I know Andújar probably better than López. I practised with him a lot, grew up playing with him. He's one year older than me, a very hard worker, very solid. He's having probably his best year on the Tour. He's improved his game on hard courts, and beat [Janko] Tipsarevic in Cincinnati [on a retirement]."

Interesting, another player who he knows well. There's probably a fair few Spaniards around his age that he knows from when he trained there.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #42 on: August 31, 2012, 07:53 PM »

I have been thinking about Raonic and his aces.  If I remember rightly it was thought that Andy would have a problem with Isner, Karlovic, Tsonga and other acers but with his returning ability he can overcome this.  Karlovic's normam ace % was halved and the same with Isner when he last played him.  Hopefully this will stand him in good stead if Raonic and he do meet.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #43 on: August 31, 2012, 10:42 PM »

I have been thinking about Raonic and his aces.  If I remember rightly it was thought that Andy would have a problem with Isner, Karlovic, Tsonga and other acers but with his returning ability he can overcome this.  Karlovic's normam ace % was halved and the same with Isner when he last played him.  Hopefully this will stand him in good stead if Raonic and he do meet.

Don't forget that Andy also played Taylor Dent in USO '09 who possessed a huge serve (148mph+), he saw the ball like a basketball that night and Dent was left with nothing to attack Andy.

Andy would do his homework on how to trouble Raonic. He pushed Raonic with a bad back in Barcalona (on his weakest surface no less) so let's see what Milos can do should they meet on Andy's preferred surface.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray breezes past Dodig « Reply #44 on: September 01, 2012, 02:33 AM »

I do like him, but I still think Raonic is the most over-hyped player on the Tour.  Having a massive serve isn't everything.  Raonic's groundstrokes have improved over the past year but he still has a way to go and is not the most consistent of players.  In his match against Giraldo Raonic's 30 aces were soured by 15 double-faults, and he clocked up 55 UEs.  The fact that it took him 5 sets and nearly 3 and a half hours to overcome the world No.43 speaks for itself.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »