Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai

(Read 2614 times)
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #15 on: March 02, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Oh, that's what Andy was saying in the interview with Annabel, that the fast court suited him and if you got a particularly good serve in, then you'd get the cheap points. Very Happy

True but it suits Rogers serve dependent game even more.
I will be interested to see if Andy will remain very aggressive against Roger, or revert back to his couterpunching tactics as they work so well.
I'm sure he'll gauge it all perfectly on the day.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #16 on: March 02, 2012, 03:32 PM »

"Andy played a great match," said Djokovic. "He was the better player today. He was serving really well. I made a lot of unforced errors when it was important. It's been a great tournament here in Dubai. Look forward to Indian Wells, Miami, which are the next tournaments, next challenges. I think I have more than enough time to get ready for it."

http://www.atpworldtour.com/News/Tennis/2012/02/9/Dubai-Friday-Murray-Beats-Djokovic.aspx
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #17 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34 PM »

True but it suits Rogers serve dependent game even more.
I will be interested to see if Andy will remain very aggressive against Roger, or revert back to his couterpunching tactics as they work so well.
I'm sure he'll gauge it all perfectly on the day.

I like a Murray vs Fedex match.  Andy usually puts Fedex's nose out of joint by just being on the other side of the net. Very Happy
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 03:34 PM »

We're  are you  ak400 , as I said yesterday Djoko might not be in the final!!!! You were sure he would be.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 03:37 PM »

I like a Murray vs Fedex match.  Andy usually puts Fedex's nose out of joint by just being on the other side of the net. Very Happy

That Shanghai final between the 2 of them was unbelievable.
I'm hoping for more of the same if they meet tomorrow.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 03:38 PM »

That Shanghai final between the 2 of them was unbelievable.
I'm hoping for more of the same if they meet tomorrow.

I'm sure I have that one on tape.  A friend has promised to put it on dvd for me Very Happy

And yes please Little tongue man
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 03:43 PM »

Anyone know what time the final is on?  I only have delayed coverage Rolling Eyes
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 03:57 PM »

Great win for Andy, he's obviously learnt from his 2012 Australian open semi final defeat. I'm gonna stick my head up and say i think Andy's opponent tomorrow will be Del Boy. Whoever it is in the final with Andy, they'll have to be on their game, if Andy plays with the confidence and tact he showed against Novak today they will definitely have a match on their hands. I believe the partnership with Lendl is already paying dividends.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 04:07 PM »

Good man Nigel. You were quick to post it and the report is spot on. Smile
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 04:12 PM »

I'm sure I have that one on tape.  A friend has promised to put it on dvd for me Very Happy

And yes please Little tongue man

You still have "tape"?
You need a PVR system with an enormous memory,
But sadly you can't archive with them.
At least in the UK.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Great win for Andy, he's obviously learnt from his 2012 Australian open semi final defeat. I'm gonna stick my head up and say i think Andy's opponent tomorrow will be Del Boy. Whoever it is in the final with Andy, they'll have to be on their game, if Andy plays with the confidence and tact he showed against Novak today they will definitely have a match on their hands. I believe the partnership with Lendl is already paying dividends.

What do you make of that choke when serving for it? Horrible mental deficiency in that key moment, thankfully he broke again to seal it anyway.
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 04:14 PM »

"It's obviously great any time you beat the world number one," said Murray. "I just tried to do some of the same things I did in Australia.

"I was very close there against one of the greatest players ever, and today I did what I needed to - even though it nearly got away from me at the end."

http://www.bbc.co.uk/sport/0/tennis/17237683
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #27 on: March 02, 2012, 04:14 PM »

Yes yes yes yes yes Andy you were brill.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #28 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32 PM »

theycanbillme: what I meant was that both Fed and Delpo are now used to playing the court in night time conditions whereas Andy isn't so it could take him precious time to get used to the conditions and in 3 sets he may not have that time.
Not sure who I want to win today - just hope they go to 3 tie-breaks.  Whistle
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #29 on: March 02, 2012, 04:32 PM »

What do you make of that choke when serving for it? Horrible mental deficiency in that key moment, thankfully he broke again to seal it anyway.

What do I make of it?  I have even greater respect for Andy for taking that on the chin - putting it behind him and breaking Nole again to win - that's what I make of it!!!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »