Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai

(Read 3079 times)
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #60 on: March 02, 2012, 07:26 PM »

Haven't read all the posts yet on this thread but I did watch the Fed/delPotro match and it was delPotros match so many times - second set tie break 5-0 in Potros favour and Fed still won it. I don't think Andy would have letv that happen and del Potro played well too, just couldn't play it out. If Andy plays at his best form he will have an excellent chance.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #61 on: March 02, 2012, 07:30 PM »

Only saw a few games at the end but was encouraged the way AM served. Apart from the slight wobble towards the end, Andy has shown how far he has come compared to Rome last year when he had chances to close it out.

Delpo must have crumbled big time when he choked both TBs..  doh
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #62 on: March 02, 2012, 07:56 PM »

Only saw a few games at the end but was encouraged the way AM served. Apart from the slight wobble towards the end, Andy has shown how far he has come compared to Rome last year when he had chances to close it out. Delpo must have crumbled big time when he choked both TBs.. doh
I couldn't make out what was happening to del Po. He should have won at least the second set and taken it into a third - Fed did not win del Po gave it to him - all I suppose part of his learning phase. Many thanks for an excellent report Nigel and to PT for all the comments on Andy's game play and the 'choke'. I found his recovery most encouraging in the circumstances - just shows how he has improved mentally - onwards and upwards Andy - Good Luck for tomorrow.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #63 on: March 02, 2012, 08:26 PM »

^^^But when all is said and done he really delivered today.
That serve is out of this world!
And to think I ever doubted it.
Well actually there was good reason to but the consitency is really starting to be, well, consistent.
He was also much more aggressive than yesterday less nervous and so I personally give him a 9 out of 10.
Great Stuff.

I think Nole went into the match feeling a bit nervous. He even looked nervous. He's too keen on keeping the points short. Had a bit of a different strategy as well. Paid off a few times but other times, not so much. This is a significant win for Andy and the yesterday one against Berdych as well. Another one’s coming. Who knows where all this will take him eventually.

Anyway, I didn't think Andy choked but rather got a bit tight but he shrugged it off in the very next game, held serve fairly quickly and broke Nole again to win the match. It's all good.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #64 on: March 02, 2012, 08:48 PM »

I think Nole went into the match feeling a bit nervous. He even looked nervous. He's too keen on keeping the points short. Had a bit of a different strategy as well. Paid off a few times but other times, not so much.

I liked Muzza's analysis in the post-match interview. He says he was aggressive in the first set then, when Djokovic came out and tried to take the initiative in the second, he said he changed his strategy and just tried to be solid and let Nole make the mistakes. He understands the game very well.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #65 on: March 02, 2012, 08:52 PM »

Just finished watching on PVR...

- Andy/Nole..... Andy v2 turned up today, left Bambi-Boy at the door and despite a skid to serve the match out, still puffed out his manly chest and stepped through the door like the champion he is, leaving the Djoker to ponder over new punchline material.
- Fed/Delpo.... Face-Off between Street Punk and College Frat Boy... although scoreline tight, no real ignition until 2nd set tie-break when Fed got down and dirty at 0-5 to win.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #66 on: March 02, 2012, 08:53 PM »

I don't know if Andy got nervous or not, I thought he played great, and his serve was brilliant. I'm just so happy that he won, I'm over the moon bring on Fed!!!!!!   cmon yeah
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #67 on: March 02, 2012, 09:07 PM »

Just finished watching on PVR...

- Andy/Nole..... Andy v2 turned up today, left Bambi-Boy at the door and despite a skid to serve the match out, still puffed out his manly chest and stepped through the door like the champion he is, leaving the Djoker to ponder over new punchline material.
- Fed/Delpo.... Face-Off between Street Punk and College Frat Boy... although scoreline tight, no real ignition until 2nd set tie-break when Fed got down and dirty at 0-5 to win.

summed up perfectly      Very Happy
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #68 on: March 02, 2012, 09:10 PM »

I liked Muzza's analysis in the post-match interview. He says he was aggressive in the first set then, when Djokovic came out and tried to take the initiative in the second, he said he changed his strategy and just tried to be solid and let Nole make the mistakes. He understands the game very well.

Andy definitely knew he could go toe to toe with Nole and vice versa so he'd welcome Nole into that sort of game. I think that's what makes Nole nervous the most against Andy. Quite ironic how all these top players matchup against each other. You'd think where is Nadal going wrong in all this? But I think Nadal is unable to play similar offensive game as Andy.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #69 on: March 02, 2012, 09:22 PM »

Nadal has one game and one game only. He just relies on doing it well, regardless of the opposition. Have a feeling he's being found out a little bit.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #70 on: March 02, 2012, 10:31 PM »

Much as I like Rafa, I have always thought of him as being rather one dimensional.  His power and determination are usually enough to get him through players other than the top 4 but, with them, if Plan A isn't working he doesn't really have a Plan B.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #71 on: March 02, 2012, 10:39 PM »

I have always said Nadal relies on being able to just hit the ball hard and run everything down there is no real finnesse to his game. This is why he is now no2 and soon to be no3.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #72 on: March 02, 2012, 10:43 PM »

Tessie, it's not the first time but it's the first time since Novak became #1 and first time for a while.  I remember my excitement the first time he beat him in I think final of Cincinatti; I felt something similar today. So yes in some ways it feels like the first time.

The first time I typed this I did put beating Novak as no 1 but went back to correct a spelling error and messed it up. You are right Ruthie especially as the win in Cincinnati was due to Novak retiring. Very glad Andy got the win and hope he destroys Federer tommorrow.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #73 on: March 02, 2012, 10:45 PM »

Yeah, great game, great result. Andy's also coming over much better in the press interviews - much more controlled and assertive. He's beginning to look and sound  like a real champion, but there's a ways to go yet.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray bursts Djokovic's bubble in Dubai « Reply #74 on: March 02, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Keep the faith Fiverings, Andys day is coming and soon!!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »