Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray changes agent to Acegroup 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray changes agent to Acegroup

(Read 786 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « on: December 24, 2005, 01:19 AM »

Source: Times Online
FOR Andy Murray, small is obviously meaningful. The 18-year-old Scottish prodigy’s decision to up sticks from Octagon, one of the world’s three most powerful sports management companies, and move to Acegroup, a new and innovative kid on the block, is of immense significance.

The moment it became known that Murray was considering his options once his contract with Octagon expired at the end of this year, there was a rush to get to talk to a player rightly considered potential top-ten material. As The Times reported three weeks ago, Octagon feared that it might lose someone it nurtured from a raw prospect and sent Phil de Picciotto, its president of athletes and personalities, and Tom Ross, a vice-president, to London from the United States last week to attempt to dissuade him.

Murray listened to all parties, including IMG and SFX, the other two management heavyweights, and chose instead to place his future in the hands of a company based in London that prefers a lower profile and possesses a keener sense of an individual’s worth. It is believed that a meeting with Acegroup, scheduled to take an hour, lasted almost three, so entranced was the teenager with its plans for him.

- Full Story (timesonline.co.uk)
IP Logged
iaintheviolaplayer
ATP Level

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #1 on: December 24, 2005, 11:32 AM »

from the name and what the article says about its owners then that also implies that the company focuses on tennis which i think is good.i like the way murray now has tennis focused companies ie also fred perry
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #2 on: December 24, 2005, 01:16 PM »

There are a few more articles here:
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1673631,00.html
and
http://sport.guardian.co.uk/tennis/story/0,10069,1673632,00.html
IP Logged
wotnopimms
Futures Level

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #3 on: December 24, 2005, 02:19 PM »

These are really interesting articles - thanks!
The Telegraph today also hints that Andy is setting up his own website. Next year will be very interesting!
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #4 on: December 24, 2005, 02:23 PM »

Mark... i'm kinda confused... you say the source is the Telegraph.... but the "full story"  is the Times  confused
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #5 on: December 24, 2005, 02:35 PM »

Quote from: "Banannie"
Mark... i'm kinda confused... you say the source is the Telegraph.... but the "full story"  is the Times  confused

Thanks for noticing, posted that late last night and I was feeling pretty tired (that's my excuse) Smile
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #6 on: December 26, 2005, 07:30 PM »

Also some articles in the express and mail over the weekend, not sure if they're online, i'll have a look now Smile
The Express one is about Andy being invited to train with Hibs, the Mail one is pretty much a rehash of the press conference Judy gave, saying shes spending xmas with him in SA, but with the amusing addition that Jamie's told Andy to cut his hair Wink Andy, according to Judy, told him where to go.
See, i told you Jamie was the one with style!
IP Logged
eira_arian
John McEnroe

Murray changes agent to Acegroup « Reply #7 on: December 26, 2005, 09:10 PM »

ooo fab articles Annie Smile all hail the guardian Smile

Judy Murray, too, was on edge and took herself off to the hairdresser in Edinburgh that day in October. "I don't like watching Andy on television at the best of times because it's impossible to feel really involved. Anyway I knew this was going to be an extremely difficult match for him in all ways." Having her hair done offered an escape. "I knew nobody would be talking about tennis."

The most remarkable thing has been the way he has handled matters and done everything that has been asked of him," she says. "He has remained polite and level-headed and, as his mum, that has been important."

The young Scot may wear his heart on his sleeve when playing - roaring against fate, leaping and punching the air after a winning shot - yet off-court he speaks in deep, measured tones, seemingly weighing every word.

...they've changed their tune!!

and i have to say, hoorah for the broadsheets - they write so prettily! ahh the wonderful use of the 'rule of three'
He showed them brilliance, petulance and frailty. He showed he was human and that tennis could live on the edge.
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »