Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Estimated time - 12:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray cruises into the quarters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray cruises into the quarters

(Read 2939 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #45 on: January 23, 2012, 06:00 PM »

Here's the thread containing the info about Tomic's birthdate:

http://www.tennis.com/articles/templates/news.aspx?articleid=15984&zoneid=4
Sorry, but all I'm getting is a brief report on his match with Federer - unless, of course, you were referring to the comments.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #46 on: January 23, 2012, 06:20 PM »

You all sound like ak400 cohorts today... Get a grip...Andy has a great chance NOW...... Not just in the future.
That's just what we said. He has a very great chance now, but there's are some factors that neither Andy or we amatuers have full control over.

I'm not talking his chances down, but I can't just refuse to look what happened in the past either. He has not won a set,  therefore in the final its not even been a close match.

I hope I'm far from being an ak400 cohort, but if not, come and shoot me now! Guy with axe
Robbie, that would be a fate worse than death!

IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #47 on: January 23, 2012, 06:46 PM »

That's just what we said. He has a very great chance now, but there's are some factors that neither Andy or we amatuers have full control over.

I'm not talking his chances down, but I can't just refuse to look what happened in the past either. He has not won a set,  therefore in the final its not even been a close match.

I hope I'm far from being an ak400 cohort, but if not, come and shoot me

I'm on a flight now. w00t
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #48 on: January 23, 2012, 06:51 PM »

You all sound like ak400 cohorts today... Get a grip...Andy has a great chance NOW...... Not just in the future.
yay Quite right Robbie   cmonandy
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #49 on: January 23, 2012, 06:57 PM »

Rest assured Andy will take Nole down!!! And there is no chance rafa will dominate him the way he did last year in slams.

I believe he can win here, indeed it may even be his destiny.  I hope he believes that too.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #50 on: January 23, 2012, 07:15 PM »

yay Quite right Robbie   cmonandy
Dont you start too Deb.
 I want to be wrong, as you well know!
IP Logged
Mackem
Futures Level

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #51 on: January 23, 2012, 07:42 PM »

Let's all just hope that Ferrer does his usual and makes every rally long, every game long (averaging 6 mins) and every set long.  Even a 3 setter could take 3 hours.  Hopefully, it'll be a 5 setter taking a marathon 5 hours.  Just can't see him winning though - the 02 was not the norm. If Nole is knackered come the semi he may very well not cope well at all.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #52 on: January 23, 2012, 07:51 PM »

I am quietly hopeful for Andy.  The stars have really aligned for Andy this year.

Vasselin had no weapon to hurt Andy
Llodra was knackered and slightly injured after having played 9 sets (5 singles, 4 doubles) before meeting Andy
Kuku was injured from playing two 5 sets matches so gave up after 49 minutes so Andy energy level will be at its maximum comes the QF
Nishikori played 5 sets in brutal heat today and has his ankle strapped and playing doubles tomorrow so he won't be able to compete properly comes the QF
Hewitt took a set off Djokovic and kept him on court past midnight meaning Djokovic won't sleep until past 2 a.m. (food, ice bath, massage, ...) reducing Djokovic recovery time

Hopefully Ferrer will do Andy a favour and tire Djokovic out for Andy to finish him off in the SF lol
[ Last edit by Philip January 23, 2012, 07:57 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #53 on: January 23, 2012, 07:52 PM »

:
Dont you start too Deb.
Oh not getting at you Lashust , I am soooo nervous for Andy but love it when others say he will do it, just gives me a buzzz, I know your right behind him, we will cry together when he wins.  hug
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #54 on: January 23, 2012, 08:03 PM »

Dont you start too Deb.
Oh not getting at you Lashust promise, I am soooo nervous for Andy like you, but love it when others say he will,will do it, just gives me a buzz, I know your right behind him, we will cry together when he wins.  hug      poster_oops think I've done this twice.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #55 on: January 23, 2012, 08:05 PM »

:
Dont you start too Deb.
Oh not getting at you Lashust , I am soooo nervous for Andy but love it when others say he will do it, just gives me a buzzz, I know your right behind him, we will cry together when he wins.  hug

Dont worry Deb, I'm not so hair sore and can take some teasing Smile But I felt very depressed particulary after last years loss, when I was sure he'd win, No kidding.
Nervous, I'm more nervous than Judy!

The only tears will be tears of joy this time. trophy
Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Robbie to knock on the door  w00t

IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #56 on: January 23, 2012, 08:07 PM »

Dont worry Deb, I'm not so hair sore and can take some teasing Smile But I felt very depressed particulary after last years loss, when I was sure he'd win, No kidding.
Nervous, I'm more nervous than Judy!

The only tears will be tears of joy this time. trophy
Meanwhile, I'm just waiting for Robbie to knock on the door  w00t

roflmao oh me too , it was so hard after the loss last year, dont think i can go through that again.!! lets hope we wont have to.  cheers
[ Last edit by deb January 23, 2012, 08:11 PM ] IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #57 on: January 23, 2012, 08:24 PM »

I am quietly hopeful for Andy.  The stars have really aligned for Andy this year.

Vasselin had no weapon to hurt Andy
Llodra was knackered and slightly injured after having played 9 sets (5 singles, 4 doubles) before meeting Andy
Kuku was injured from playing two 5 sets matches so gave up after 49 minutes so Andy energy level will be at its maximum comes the QF
Nishikori played 5 sets in brutal heat today and has his ankle strapped and playing doubles tomorrow so he won't be able to compete properly comes the QF
Hewitt took a set off Djokovic and kept him on court past midnight meaning Djokovic won't sleep until past 2 a.m. (food, ice bath, massage, ...) reducing Djokovic recovery time

Hopefully Ferrer will do Andy a favour and tire Djokovic out for Andy to finish him off in the SF lol

Don't forget hopefully Roger and Rafa will have an epic 5 hour 5 setter tiring each other out.
IP Logged
Philip
Seed

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #58 on: January 23, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Don't forget hopefully Roger and Rafa will have an epic 5 hour 5 setter tiring each other out.

Fingers crossed lol
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray cruises into the quarters « Reply #59 on: January 23, 2012, 09:26 PM »

[quote author=Aileen link=topic=20290.msg695585#msg695585 date

However, as to the rest of your post - I don't recall Andy ever making excuses for his poor showings in any match, and he certainly didn't after losing these finals. Yes he's matured a lot, but, as I've already said, I think he does have a genuine mental hurdle to overcome, and one which isn't peculiar to Slams either, and that isn't likely to vanish overnight.
[/quote]

Well I did already say I didn't mean he made excuses after the losses, although I clearly remember him saying after the first AO final that he had lost to the 'greatest player of all time' suggesting there was nothing he could have done about it when there obviously was. Im saying that letting your nerves get to you is an excuse. He really is letting something that should be dealt with take over & that's not good enough. A professional tennis player of his stature & experience shouldn't give in to fear he should fight.
That extra % in his performance that he will need to be a true contender shall come after he wins his first slam. That's why he needs a little bit of luck to get that first one in. And from what I've seen he is starting to have that little bit of luck right now. Andy can beat Novak he just has to let himself believe it.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »