Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray crushed by ruthless Federer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray crushed by ruthless Federer

(Read 3788 times)
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #45 on: January 31, 2010, 04:05 PM »

Totally agree with you rachie - if Murray can keep putting himself in the frame (excuse the pun here) then he'll become more relaxed in these situations. He did get closer than his '08 defeat. More to the point i like the direction his game seems to be going in, he has much to take away from this past fortnight at the AO, this newly adopted aggressive style will come more naturally to him the more he does it. Lets not forget he's still only 22, rather than beat him up just because he lost one match out of 7. lets celebrate the positives we all can take from his performance. I felt i really got to know him during his tearful post match thank you speech. He should let his guard down more makes him more likeable and human.

Yeah, never seen that side to him. Showed some of the desire and yearning to win that lies beneath.
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #46 on: January 31, 2010, 04:07 PM »

Am I right in saying that Murray next plays in Marseille (beginning Feb 15th)? Think
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #47 on: January 31, 2010, 04:09 PM »

I watched that match very much in the same way as the final of the USO and the SF of Wimbledon. The other guy was playing too good for anything Andy did to be good enough. Just how it works sometimes on the day. We're usually on the positive end of those exchanges (Isner, Nadal and Cilic only this week, for example), but halfway through that match I'd resigned myself to the loss. That way anything better than that is a bonus. It's good for the nerves.

Do I think the result would be any different if he won the 3rd set? No. But he'd have had a set. Maybe even 2. A 5 setter would have been nice, but I'm pretty sure Fed had that one in the bag today. Andy was having to work far too hard to even hold serve.

Fed was imperious, as usual. Andy got a bit cautious. I was pretty sure it was his bad knee that was bothering him today, not his thigh. That maybe gave him a little doubt as to his movement and his ability to push the issue which made him passive. I don't know, maybe he just reverted back to what he knows best when put in a tough situation. Anyway, learning experience number 3. I take comfort in Agassi's troubles. How many finals was it again?

Plus, Australia's cursed. Look at Djokovic. Don't want a 1 slam wonder on our hands?
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #48 on: January 31, 2010, 04:30 PM »

Am I right in saying that Murray next plays in Marseille (beginning Feb 15th)? Think

He's currently scheduled to, yeah.
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #49 on: January 31, 2010, 04:32 PM »

What irritates me is the people who go on about how DP and Djokovic won a major, beating Federer along the way. However, neither of them faced that version of Federer. He was a shadow of himself when they beat him. He practically handed Del Potro that match.

Agreed. Unfortunately the history books don't usually have and asterix next to the result with "had mono" or "was on crack" as a note.
IP Logged
Murray "chokes" Again
Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #50 on: January 31, 2010, 04:32 PM »

See there's a part of me that wants to tear this person a new one...however, since their obviously a brainless, talentless and generally retarded individual I feel that sythpathy for their patheticness should be shown
...Which doens't prevent me from saying PISS OFF, unless you're ranked in the top 10 of the ATP!

Is that livingston west lothian?

I happen to be in Bathgate right now slapper!

Anytime you want to try and tear me a new one,  just name the time and place, otherwise just Stick to lying on your back, popping out babies and breastfeeding them on buckfast and nicotine, chlamydiabreath!

Cheer up, at least murray is Number 1 at one thing...losing all his slam finals to Federer!

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #51 on: January 31, 2010, 04:33 PM »

Cheer up, at least murray is Number 1 at one thing...losing all his slam finals to Federer!
You should work for the Sun, such a creative writer!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #52 on: January 31, 2010, 04:33 PM »

Is that livingston west lothian?

I happen to be in Bathgate right now slapper!

Anytime you want to try and tear me a new one,  just name the time and place, otherwise just Stick to lying on your back, popping out babies and breastfeeding them on buckfast and nicotine, chlamydiabreath!

You couldn't be further from the truth with Hazel, buddy. lmao
IP Logged
Johnny Handsome
Futures Level

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #53 on: January 31, 2010, 04:34 PM »

ahurgh huh hu huh . .. . . . (in tears)
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

You couldn't be further from the truth with Hazel, buddy. lmao
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #55 on: January 31, 2010, 04:37 PM »

Did someone lose a rather large bet?
IP Logged
Clydey
Murraymaniac

Did someone lose a rather large bet?

No. Someone's just telling it like it is.
IP Logged
DBrown

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #57 on: January 31, 2010, 04:40 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.  Love the Forum! Just wanted to point out that Andy has actually got a better record in Slams at the start of his sixth year as a pro than Fed had at the same stage( two finals, a semi-final and two quarters versus two quarter finals) despite the fact that Andy is a year older than Fed was. Fed also didn't have to worry about the pressure from a 74 year drought in men's tennis or play against the greatest player ever on a regular basis, either. So while I am sad for Andy losing, I still feel he has done really well to get this far. Go Andy!
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #58 on: January 31, 2010, 04:41 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.  Love the Forum! Just wanted to point out that Andy has actually got a better record in Slams at the start of his sixth year as a pro than Fed had at the same stage( two finals, a semi-final and two quarters versus two quarter finals) despite the fact that Andy is a year older than Fed was. Fed also didn't have to worry about the pressure from a 74 year drought in men's tennis or play against the greatest player ever on a regular basis, either. So while I am sad for Andy losing, I still feel he has done really well to get this far. Go Andy!

Good stat, and welcome. Smile

He'll win a major one day.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray crushed by ruthless Federer « Reply #59 on: January 31, 2010, 04:42 PM »

Hi, I'm new here.  Love the Forum!
Welcome, great to have you! wave

Just wanted to point out that Andy has actually got a better record in Slams at the start of his sixth year as a pro than Fed had at the same stage( two finals, a semi-final and two quarters versus two quarter finals) despite the fact that Andy is a year older than Fed was.
Interesting!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »