Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai

(Read 1555 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #15 on: March 01, 2012, 11:09 PM »

Thanks for match report James.
Got up at 5:00am to watch Andy on dodgy stream, only to find they're showing the tournie on the telly.  Not live.. but who cares... 'live' to me so long as I keep away from MW.
Been tennis starved recently.. so been feasting all day on a tennis smorgasbord... yum!

- Andy/Berdych...... 7 match points but a decent Ber'ch-slap in the end.
- Fed/Youshny....... School dinner match: bland, predictable.. and instantly forgettable.
- Tipsy/Djoker....... Mr Magoo v The Terminator in 1st set.... subbed for Ali G in 2nd, but ultimately the Bouncer held all the balls.
- Delpo/Tsonga...... Despite cocky head, Tsonga unable to get past the Moving Wall.
lol  I like those, Linda - short, sharp and to the point!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #16 on: March 01, 2012, 11:51 PM »

^^ Why, thank you kindly ma'am!.. hug
btw.. left Miami 2 days ago at 28 degrees.. back home to
Toronto -1 and snow/ice. Was on Murray-Watch on beach 2 wks ago, but sadly no sightings. Sigh.....
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #17 on: March 01, 2012, 11:53 PM »

We need to get those stalking skills honed secret service agent lol
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #18 on: March 02, 2012, 12:04 AM »

Plenty of other sights to see.. for instance, an outdoor gym right on the beach. Pics will be posted later on picture thread.
Getting off-topic... Mark will be displeased... (altho I suspect he might like the girls' beach volleyball photos..) yes
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #19 on: March 02, 2012, 01:09 AM »

btw.. left Miami 2 days ago at 28 degrees.. back home to
Toronto -1 and snow/ice. Was on Murray-Watch on beach 2 wks ago, but sadly no sightings. Sigh.....
That's because Andy was spending his days at Delray Beach with Lendl, and they were focussing on tennis, not fitness, so I doubt Andy would have been running along the beach in Miami!

Plenty of other sights to see.. for instance, an outdoor gym right on the beach. Pics will be posted later on picture thread.
Getting off-topic... Mark will be displeased... (altho I suspect he might like the girls' beach volleyball photos..) yes
Oh lordy, Linda!  Mark will get over-excited if he looks at these ... Whistle  Very Happy

IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #20 on: March 02, 2012, 02:12 AM »

That's because Andy was spending his days at Delray Beach with Lendl, and they were focussing on tennis, not fitness, so I doubt Andy would have been running along the beach in Miami!

... so NOW you tell me.... 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #21 on: March 02, 2012, 02:55 AM »

... so NOW you tell me.... 
I didn't know that myself, and nor did anyone else, until just a few days before he left for Dubai. hug
IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #22 on: March 02, 2012, 09:25 AM »

Andy must play in an aggressive fashion against Djokovic for the whole match and not allow any lapses in intensity. Hopefully a win for Andy in three sets. Three tie breakers anyone ?
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #23 on: March 02, 2012, 09:40 AM »

God forbid three tie breakers, my heart would not cope.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #24 on: March 02, 2012, 09:51 AM »

You're right about the aggression, Adrian. As long as Andy doesn't allow Djoko to bully him about. There were times against Berdy when he was going further and further behind the baseline, his returns were going shorter allowing Berdy to come up the court and easily finish him off. In such situations, Djoko will be even more ruthless.

Not sure about the tie-breakers. I think djoko knows to just put his foot on the gas at 4 all for example, break Andy, then hold to quickly win the first set. Cue Andy shell-shocked and on the back foot from the beginning of the 2nd set.... I really hope not.

But whatever the outcome Andy and Lendl will have something to build upon for the more important matches to come.
So only positive vibes. Good luck Andy!

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #25 on: March 02, 2012, 12:52 PM »

^^If he plays as far behind the baseline as he did with Berdy were in for a long afternoon.
But i think he was more nervous against Berdych than he will be against Novak.
Really, the pressure is on Djokovic for this one.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray Czechmates Berdych in Dubai « Reply #26 on: March 02, 2012, 03:18 PM »

^^If he plays as far behind the baseline as he did with Berdy were in for a long afternoon.
But i think he was more nervous against Berdych than he will be against Novak.
Really, the pressure is on Djokovic for this one.
And it showed.  Could be a testing time for Djokovic now.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »