Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into Wimbledon final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray storms into Wimbledon final  (Read 4401 times)
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #30 on: July 06, 2012, 08:25 PM »

Watch Ivanisevic v Rafter and notice how ridiculous the atmosphere is. Absolutely crazy!

The final was played on Monday, because of rain delays throughout the weekend.

Seats are being sold for £25,000 for Sunday, it's going to be a bunch of rich gloryhunters watching the most important match in British tennis history.
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #31 on: July 06, 2012, 08:26 PM »

45,000 for a ticket apparently.....I will be here in St. Andrews cheering him on, wrapped in my saltire flag, but would give my left nut to be courtside for sure!
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #32 on: July 06, 2012, 08:28 PM »

Seats are being sold for £25,000 for Sunday, it's going to be a bunch of rich gloryhunters watching the most important match in British tennis history.
True but they should at least be cheering loudly to help Murray win so they don't waste their money.
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #33 on: July 06, 2012, 08:30 PM »

Superb report Nigel. I'm sure Andy would like it!
I can read it at bedtime again, but for now, I'm still shaking from the tension of it all.

IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #34 on: July 06, 2012, 08:33 PM »

Forgot to say, excellent report Nigel. Been a busy man today. Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #35 on: July 06, 2012, 08:34 PM »

This is intense, ran back into the house from work to watch the match point, I'd been attempting to follow the match all the way home on the tube but no network!

Come on Andy, one more win, just one more.
Lets hope its avatar "Booo hooo"  for Fed. on Sunday.
Want the big man to lose.

I'd sell my soul to the devil to see Andy win on Sunday!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #36 on: July 06, 2012, 08:37 PM »

Andy won't care about the toffs.
I always used to wish I could get tickets to Wimbles, but honestly now I'm happy to cheer (and meet) him in Toronto.  Loud fan voices (moi) and face-to-face meets.
Wimbles "fans" are feckin' shitty.
And NOW the would-be's will come out in full force.  Rolling Eyes
I say put a feckin' roof over Henman Hill... those are his real fans.
IP Logged
janetx
Challenger Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #37 on: July 06, 2012, 08:40 PM »

I say put a feckin' roof over Henman Hill... those are his real fans.
indeed!

just so excited for andy and really hope 4th time is a charm - would be so wonderful!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #38 on: July 06, 2012, 08:53 PM »

The Prime Minister said:

It is great news that we have our first home-grown men’s finalist at Wimbledon for over 70 years, especially in this exciting Olympics year when the eyes of the world are on the UK.

I’ll be watching the final on Sunday and like the rest of the country, will be getting right behind Andy Murray – I wish him the best of luck.

The UK will come to a standstill on Sunday, Mark. This is the big one. I hope Andy doesnt think for one second about the outside pressure from fans and especially the stupid media.

Treat it like just another day at the office, I think is the best advice. Smile
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #39 on: July 06, 2012, 08:58 PM »

Broken roof, pouring rain on sunday, match played monday in front of real tennis fans , my boss gives me the day off...............we can all dream!
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #40 on: July 06, 2012, 08:59 PM »

Mark I think no matter the result of Sunday's match we should have a new banner with whatever silverware he collects Smile
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #41 on: July 06, 2012, 09:00 PM »

The UK will come to a standstill on Sunday, Mark.
Indeed. Looks like I'm going to have to add some more RAM and CPU cores to the server for Sunday Smile
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #42 on: July 06, 2012, 09:15 PM »

45,000 for a ticket apparently.....I will be here in St. Andrews cheering him on, wrapped in my saltire flag, but would give my left nut to be courtside for sure!
Murrays World fans would probably join you and end up being a  bunch of amputees by sacrificing an arm or a leg to be there live at that historical moment!
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #43 on: July 06, 2012, 09:19 PM »

Indeed. Looks like I'm going to have to add some more RAM and CPU cores to the server for Sunday Smile
RAM bam .. thank you ma'am..
I've no idea wtf you're talking 'bout... but do carry on, and I'm happy you know how to ram. thumb up
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #44 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Thank you Andy for a marvellous game. You know Roger is beatable 'cos youv'e done it before.
Well done ,rest, enjoy the moment.See you sunday.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 6 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply