Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into Wimbledon final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray storms into Wimbledon final

(Read 4726 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #45 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Federer can be beaten, but for sure he will be in tip top form.  It has been the consistency of his serve which killed Andy in their previous finals, allowing for the obvious tiredness Andy felt in 2008 in New York.  I liked the fact Lendl was motionless, he knows the task is to win slams for Andy, that is his job.  Andy has been in finals without him.  His real work has now started.

Gonna be a mad day on sunday, forecast is not good so a final under the roof is very possible.  Bring it on.  Get the Queen back down from Edinburgh to present our Andy with the trophy.  She was there in 77, she has to be there on Sunday!

Seemingly, she has kept her diary free for Sunday afternoon just in case.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #46 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20 PM »

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #47 on: July 06, 2012, 09:20 PM »

Indeed. Looks like I'm going to have to add some more RAM and CPU cores to the server for Sunday Smile
Good thinking Batman! We cant have MW coming to a standstill.

I'm so grateful for MW-site. It means so much to me to be together with like minds and to share the ups and downs of Andys career. Thanks for all you do for us. Smile
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #48 on: July 06, 2012, 09:21 PM »

Queen's now unfortunately in Scotland at Balmoral for the next few weeks, always is this time of year

I thought it was late August/early September that she went to Balmoral.  She's always there for the Braemar Gathering which is the first Saturday in September.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #49 on: July 06, 2012, 09:23 PM »

Congratulations Andy on a great win. Could not help but shed a lot of tears, so dam proud of you! C'Mon Andy!!
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #50 on: July 06, 2012, 09:29 PM »

Go Andy Go. You can do it. Thanks for bringing us so much joy over the last 10 days. Sod everyone who asks you why you point to the sky. That is your secret but please keep doing it. I like to think it is for Dunblane and for Scotland . You do it for a reason and whatever that is keep it to yourself and in your heart. You are in our hearts and we love you lots.
I have watched your games from Italy where I live so no problems with closing the roof. I have gone inside leavinmg the 40° sunshine just to watch you but it was sooooo worth while  yay
You can take the girl out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the girl. Together we stand. Get right intae Federer on Sunday pal. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Adrian

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #51 on: July 06, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Incredible, what an achievement. If Andy wins on sunday then he will go down in history in terms of british Tennis, perhaps forever.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #52 on: July 06, 2012, 09:42 PM »

Hi Marion   wave
Welcome to MW, this is a great forum and I'm sure you will love it. Nice post!!
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #53 on: July 06, 2012, 09:48 PM »

RAM bam .. thank you ma'am..
I've no idea wtf you're talking 'bout... but do carry on, and I'm happy you know how to ram. thumb up

More traffic on Sunday. He wants to make sure system doesn't crash or so I think.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #54 on: July 06, 2012, 09:51 PM »

Welcome Marion - we could do with some of your Italian sunshine!
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #55 on: July 06, 2012, 10:23 PM »

It was a bit of a nightmare really as we had our first storm in over a month and it came right in the middle of the 4th set. Thunder lightening the full works . nervous
The dog was going nuts trying to hide and I was even more frantic when the power went off leaving me with no sky and no computer. w00t
I grabbed my ipad and tried to keep in touch with that but was having palpitations when I saw it was 5-5.
I think the neighbours thought something really bad had happened to me when I started screaming as the telly came back on just as Andy was on his last few shots.
Prosecco and strawberries have been ordered for Sunday so if anyone wants to come over and join in then feel free Rolling Eyes
I have the Scottish flag ready and poor dog will need to suffer her " See you Jimmy hat yet again "
 doh
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #56 on: July 06, 2012, 10:28 PM »

Mark I think no matter the result of Sunday's match we should have a new banner with whatever silverware he collects Smile
Motion seconded.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #57 on: July 06, 2012, 10:29 PM »

Mark I think no matter the result of Sunday's match we should have a new banner with whatever silverware he collects Smile
If he wins it might be worth putting the trophy somewhere in the banner.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #58 on: July 06, 2012, 10:33 PM »

Go Andy Go. You can do it. Thanks for bringing us so much joy over the last 10 days. Sod everyone who asks you why you point to the sky. That is your secret but please keep doing it. I like to think it is for Dunblane and for Scotland . You do it for a reason and whatever that is keep it to yourself and in your heart. You are in our hearts and we love you lots.
I have watched your games from Italy where I live so no problems with closing the roof. I have gone inside leavinmg the 40° sunshine just to watch you but it was sooooo worth while  yay
You can take the girl out of Scotland but you can't take Scotland out of the girl. Together we stand. Get right intae Federer on Sunday pal. cmon yeah
welcome Welcome to the mad house Smile
IP Logged
scotincolombia
Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #59 on: July 06, 2012, 10:49 PM »

What a game Andy we love you, well done my son you did great under all that pressure.... roll on Sunday you can do it Andy keep calm keep focused
and know that all of Scotland is behind you. we who live in Colombia support you all the way we suffer with you every game you play, go out there on Sunday and play the best tennis of your life , good luck and God Bless you.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »