Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Andrey Kuznetsov, Saturday, Estimated time - 5:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into Wimbledon final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray storms into Wimbledon final

(Read 4828 times)
ascotincolombia
Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #60 on: July 06, 2012, 10:59 PM »

Marion in Italy what a great message I live in Colombia with my husband and we love watching Andy play he has done remarkable ,and your right you can take the girl out of Scotland but not Scotland out of the girl lets keep sending him our positive energy Scottish or English lets get behind this great sportsman.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #61 on: July 06, 2012, 11:24 PM »

It was a bit of a nightmare really as we had our first storm in over a month and it came right in the middle of the 4th set. Thunder lightening the full works . nervous
The dog was going nuts trying to hide and I was even more frantic when the power went off leaving me with no sky and no computer. w00t
I grabbed my ipad and tried to keep in touch with that but was having palpitations when I saw it was 5-5.
I think the neighbours thought something really bad had happened to me when I started screaming as the telly came back on just as Andy was on his last few shots.
Prosecco and strawberries have been ordered for Sunday so if anyone wants to come over and join in then feel free Rolling Eyes
I have the Scottish flag ready and poor dog will need to suffer her " See you Jimmy hat yet again "
 doh
Hi Marion! wave  Welcome to MW.  Can we have a pic of your dog in her Jimmy hat? lol  I'd have gone mental if I'd lost my power in that 4th set.  Very glad you got it back in time.

Very, very proud of Andy.  OK so he gave us all a fright in the 3rd set, but there's no doubt Tsonga benefited from his little medical time out, whatever the physio did to him, whilst Andy went AWOL.  I think if the first two sets had been tougher this might not have happened as Andy tends to be more focussed on these occasions.  4th set was a real nail-biter and Andy did so well to hang on in there and keep his composure and his mental fortitude.

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final, makes history « Reply #62 on: July 06, 2012, 11:29 PM »

Hi Marion welcome aboard, where about in Scotland are you from?
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final « Reply #63 on: July 07, 2012, 05:23 AM »

True Grit!  Words cannot express, in other words, I’m speechless.

Go for it on Sunday, Andy.  Mr. Federer can make do with 2nd place. It is your turn, but you will have to take it away from him and it will take all your determination from the get go, and I know you know all this.  I expect you are taking Lendl’s advice and ignoring the media, this site, etc which is likely a good thing.
Best of luck and everything else you need.         Boxing
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final « Reply #64 on: July 07, 2012, 06:27 AM »

Please everyone start entreating the tennis gods to have a fine Sunday with the roof open. Cash said last night how a shut roof turns the game indoor, obviously, and advantages Fed. pray
After the match apparently all ITT said was something like "Well played, what time do you want to be on the practise court?" Shades on Uncle Toni there. Whistle
Andy was asked to a swish cocktail party last night, don't know our man very well do they? lmao
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray makes Wimbledon final « Reply #65 on: July 07, 2012, 06:46 AM »

I am so proud of Andy and feel he has the best chance ever.  He is different player than he was in 2008 and 2010.  More mature and confident so we cannot compare.  I do not think that Federer is playing better than in his good days, as quoted by Pat Cash.  In those days he would not have played 5 setters against the lower ranked players.  His commentsd after beating Youzhny were pathetic and smacked of someone with no confidence but plenty of arrogance.

There is definitely a 'Lendl effect now'.  I do not think either Federer or Djokovic have played that well throughout this tournament considering the draw they both had but maybe I do not klnow enough about tennis like the pundits.  I was brought up in a tennis playing family.  Grandm,other represented Britain in doubles, aunt who played for Surrey and a father who played for the Army and was an umpire.  They all tried to get me to play but I preferred swimming and was better at it.  I then moved on to horses.

At the moment it seems that Andy is outwitting his opponents and having played Federer many times he should not have to wait to work out how to do that to him.. He did not have to wait with Tsonga as he knows his game.  Ferrer was different as he seems to have changed his game recently.

ONWARDS AND UPWARDS, ANDY
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #66 on: July 07, 2012, 08:49 AM »

Couldn't post yesterday and haven't had time to read the full thread but great match report as usual Nigel.  I am SO PROUD of Andy.  Some brilliant tennis and showed such mental strength at the end.  I so hope he can wipe the smirk of smugfed's face come sunday.  I think with Ivan behind him it could be very different from previous GS finals.  Interestingly, Ivan is stopping him practising his serve too much at present to keep his shoulder loose and the work he's done on his 2nd serve is truly amazing.  Not seen full match stats yet but the ones for 1st two sets were on another planet.
Was listening to Five Live last night trying to get to sleep but got so angry at the vile things being said about Andy that I rang them up and got on finally.  Heard Nigel earlier who was great.  Just read  a piece about Fred Perry who was also despised by the establishment because of his working class origins. Somehow feel if they'd had phone ins back in those days he'd have been pilloried too by middle class tennis fans who think tennis begins and ends with Wimbledon.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #67 on: July 07, 2012, 08:55 AM »

Couldn't post yesterday and haven't had time to read the full thread but great match report as usual Nigel.  I am SO PROUD of Andy.  Some brilliant tennis and showed such mental strength at the end.  I so hope he can wipe the smirk of smugfed's face come sunday.  I think with Ivan behind him it could be very different from previous GS finals.  Interestingly, Ivan is stopping him practising his serve too much at present to keep his shoulder loose and the work he's done on his 2nd serve is truly amazing.  Not seen full match stats yet but the ones for 1st two sets were on another planet.
Was listening to Five Live last night trying to get to sleep but got so angry at the vile things being said about Andy that I rang them up and got on finally.  Heard Nigel earlier who was great.  Just read  a piece about Fred Perry who was also despised by the establishment because of his working class origins. Somehow feel if they'd had phone ins back in those days he'd have been pilloried too by middle class tennis fans who think tennis begins and ends with Wimbledon.

Whay did you say to them, Ruthie?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #68 on: July 07, 2012, 09:06 AM »

Have posted abit more on the mw in the media thread Nigel. 
Basically I think I said how angry I was with the character assassination of Andy.  How as an older woman he strikes me as a polite, young man who shows alot of respect for other players unlike eg federer who a number of callers had held up as an example.  Attacked the idea he was anti English and asked whether the English had no sense of humour.  Talked about the brilliance of his tennis - how some of the passing shots that afternoon just took your breath away and left me smiling, how mac says he has wonderful hands, how he's added power to his game and works incredibly hard. Said I thought some of the antipathy was a class thing - he doesn't fit the middle class tim henman template.   
Although I didn't say this one thing that amused me was that some of the people who accused Andy of having no personality sounded like they had the personality of cabbages - they made Andy's voice sound positively upbeat.  Nolan gave me a fair crack of the whip and the only thing he said was how many of the critics hardly mentioned the tennis, which set me off again!
I was followed by another woman who said she agreed with me and who talked about Andy being shy.
Oh and yesterday saw my first saltire flown from a car in Nottingham as went out for a walk after the match.   
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #69 on: July 07, 2012, 09:24 AM »

Have posted abit more on the mw in the media thread Nigel. 
Basically I think I said how angry I was with the character assassination of Andy.  How as an older woman he strikes me as a polite, young man who shows alot of respect for other players unlike eg federer who a number of callers had held up as an example.  Attacked the idea he was anti English and asked whether the English had no sense of humour.  Talked about the brilliance of his tennis - how some of the passing shots that afternoon just took your breath away and left me smiling, how mac says he has wonderful hands, how he's added power to his game and works incredibly hard. Said I thought some of the antipathy was a class thing - he doesn't fit the middle class tim henman template.   
Although I didn't say this one thing that amused me was that some of the people who accused Andy of having no personality sounded like they had the personality of cabbages - they made Andy's voice sound positively upbeat.  Nolan gave me a fair crack of the whip and the only thing he said was how many of the critics hardly mentioned the tennis, which set me off again!
I was followed by another woman who said she agreed with me and who talked about Andy being shy.
Oh and yesterday saw my first saltire flown from a car in Nottingham as went out for a walk after the match.   

BRILLIANT!!  You go girl and thanks for doing what we'd all like to do but don't actually carry it out.

If Lendl can keep him calm and emphasize that Fed has set himself goals also (despite his experience of finals and Wimbledon and beating Andy in GS's blah blah) and therefore pressure, then our boy has a great shot. 

I still haven't forgiven Fed for his condescending words the last time (AO a few years back) and it's beyond me why he appears to get as much support at times as Andy.

COME ON CROWD - roar as you've never roared before....

Yes, he's a winner to us already but it's not about us, it's about Andy and we all know he won't be happy until he wins a Big One, so let's give him all the help we can.

I'm surprised we haven't seen Uri Geller do his thing on TV.......
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #70 on: July 07, 2012, 09:38 AM »

I think that the flag makers should be handing out flags, free of charge, at the gates of wimbledon, union flags and saltaires alike yes  Get behind him Britian!  There aren't many Brits that make finals of anything these days, make the most of the good things! cmonandy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #71 on: July 07, 2012, 09:49 AM »

Please everyone start entreating the tennis gods to have a fine Sunday with the roof open. Cash said last night how a shut roof turns the game indoor, obviously, and advantages Fed. pray
After the match apparently all ITT said was something like "Well played, what time do you want to be on the practise court?" Shades on Uncle Toni there. Whistle
Andy was asked to a swish cocktail party last night, don't know our man very well do they? lmao
He can go to 10 cocktail parties after Sunday! As Andy says he wants to stay in his own bubble until after the game.

I am both hopeful and fearful, atm. I dont know what another GS loss may do to him, but he has made it to the SW19 final, so thats an improvement on previous years, although not enough if he comes up short. cmon yeah pray pray
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #72 on: July 07, 2012, 09:51 AM »

Weather forecast just been on bbc (thanks tonedial for that link) and showers forecast for Andy's match.
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #73 on: July 07, 2012, 10:00 AM »

"He can go to 10 cocktail parties after Sunday! As Andy says he wants to stay in his own bubble until after the game." Whistle

He can come to me for Prosecco and Strawberries anytime he wants. Whistle
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #74 on: July 07, 2012, 10:17 AM »

From the Telegraph this morning:

'That spiteful minority of British society who spend their time blackening Murray's name might as well take a short holiday in the Pacific Islands where tennis is unknown. For the next 36 hours Murrymania is upon us. And if he should end another historical jinx tomorrow, this laconic gangling Scot will be catapulted into the list of great British champions.'

Lets hope he wins but, even if he doesn't, there's always next year.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »