Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Wednesday night, Est. time - 1:30am BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into Wimbledon final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray storms into Wimbledon final

(Read 4920 times)
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #75 on: July 07, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Ruthie@ 9.06. Brilliant clap Sorry I missed u but by the sounds of it, glad I missed 5live, think I might have exploded which would've been very messy yuk
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #76 on: July 07, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Win or lose ( he is going to win ) , I think the Queen should pop down to SW19 tomorrow and make Andy a Knight of the Thistle.
If Wills got it just for going to Saint Andrews then Andy deserves one too  cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #77 on: July 07, 2012, 10:32 AM »

David Cameron wished Murray good luck as it was announced No 10 will fly the Saltire alongside the Union Jack tomorrow in support of him.

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2169775/Wimbledon-2012-Andy-Murray-beats-Tsonga-Briton-final-74-years.html#ixzz1zvWDYBVk

AND 1,488 people have green arrowed this comment on the same article:
What is it with people on this site? I am English and I hope Andy wins...he may be Scottish and he is British, so support him. I am so ashamed to be English with anti Scottish feeling on here.

- Disillusioned Man, Somewhere In The UK, 6/7/2012 19:27

IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #78 on: July 07, 2012, 11:12 AM »

This Grand Slam Andy deserves to win....I just cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!! nervous He has really matured, I was so touched by his reaction after the match that I started crying...I cannot bear seeing him cry..I would cry in the finals if Andy wins or loses...Fingers crossed for the finals!!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #79 on: July 07, 2012, 11:18 AM »

I'm listening again to the 5 Live special podcast when Andy, Judy and Jamie was interviewed by Jonathan Overend. I hope what Andy said when he reassured us that he will win a GS one day will come true tomorrow.

I truly believe that his time has come.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #80 on: July 07, 2012, 12:23 PM »

Apparently there's talk that Kate will again attend Wimbledon as the royal presence tomorrow.

http://www.mirror.co.uk/news/uk-news/kate-middleton-going-to-wimbledon-2012-1135606
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #81 on: July 07, 2012, 12:25 PM »

http://willandkatedaily.com/post/Kate-to-Attend-Wimbledon-Final!.aspx
[ Last edit by Mark July 07, 2012, 12:27 PM ] IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #82 on: July 07, 2012, 01:29 PM »

This Grand Slam Andy deserves to win....I just cant wait for tomorrow!!!!!!!!! nervous He has really matured, I was so touched by his reaction after the match that I started crying...I cannot bear seeing him cry..I would cry in the finals if Andy wins or loses...Fingers crossed for the finals!!

So will Andy - cry I mean - and I won't be able to bear it either.  In fact I will be behind the sofa with the mute button on remote control....
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #83 on: July 07, 2012, 02:09 PM »

I just wish that everyone would leave him alone and stop trying to analize why he cries or why he doesn't cry. Why he points to the sky and what it means. why he goes to cocktail receptions or why he doesn't. Whistle

My take on it  for what it is worth is this : He was born and bred in Dunblane Scotland and as a wee boy suffered what I hope noone out there ever has to suffer in their own experience or community. I defy anyone to say that this did not have an effect on Andy and on the thousands of other people who were in one way or another touched by this tragedy.

OK The world has had many tragedies to deal with but we are talking about Murray here.

Yes, he is in a good place right now with millions to his name, but many of his school,mates God Bless ,did not live to see this or to lead their own lives.

How many may have gone on to add to the list of great people and inventions that have come from Bonnie Scotland : The Steam Engine, The postage Stamp, The Pneumatic Tyre, Tarmac, The Bicycle, Penecillin, TV, The Telephone, Chloroform, Charles Rennie Macintosh and of course but not related to him the Mac ( Not THE BIG MAC but the raincoat which was well appreciated at Wimbledon this week).

HAGGIS, TATTIE SCONES, SHORTBREAD, WHISKY, IRN BRU  yay And the list goes on .

I forgot to mention Tony Blair, Gordon Brown and Gordon Ramsay but that might be for the better  shocking

To this list we are now proud to add Andy Murray and hey did we not also invent the tennis raquet, tennis balls ( we do have lots of balls North of the border-------ask Lorraine Kelly) , netting and big chairs for wee men to sit in  Little tongue man----

I am simply trying to say as we say here in Italy "Dare a Cesare quello che รจ di Cesare" " Give Ceasar what belongs to him "

Let's get behind Andy and fly the flag--------The Union Jack but also the Saltire.

I cried for him too yesterday and will do so again tomorrow win or lose. He has given us a dream.

Let the boy have his character and his reactions but let's not forget that he is one brilliant player and that he was born in Scotland and therefore Scottish / British.
I am Scottish but supported England in the recent Euro 2012 :)What riles me is that if he wins he will be British and if he loses he will be Scottish.

Go Andy Go. Whae's like yi son ? Damm few an they're aw deid.  hug

IP Logged
Sam
Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #84 on: July 07, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Isnt the opening paragraph wrong? I thought it was called in and Tsonga challenged... Wink
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #85 on: July 07, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Thanks Sam. Funny how no one noticed.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #86 on: July 07, 2012, 03:14 PM »

If he wins it might be worth putting the trophy somewhere in the banner.
When he wins. yay
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #87 on: July 07, 2012, 03:18 PM »

Hi everybody on MurraysWorld,im am new to this sight,but have followed Andy from day one.If Andy looses tomorrow my heart will be broken againfor a wee while.But i will never give up on him.Just a sight all you members might like to vist ,to see what this lady has to say about Andy Murrays chances of wining,shes brill be reading her post for years.Just type in Marjorie Orr and click on todays news.Hope this is helpfull to you all.
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #88 on: July 07, 2012, 03:25 PM »

Don't worry folks. Jupiter is another Scottish invention so Murray Mint is the winner  imsorry
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #89 on: July 07, 2012, 03:28 PM »

Isnt the opening paragraph wrong? I thought it was called in and Tsonga challenged... Wink
It was called out but I don't think anyone heard over the roar of the crowd. Andy realised when he got to the net and challenged it, but said afterwards that he knew it was a winner the minute it left his racquet.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »