Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray storms into Wimbledon final 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray storms into Wimbledon final  (Read 4277 times)
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #120 on: July 08, 2012, 10:01 AM »

Love all or what  wub

Let's just get the win in first. nervous
There should be no thoughts of romance in that guys head today! NO distractions whatsoever are allowed  no
Anyway he's too young, 25yrs, plent time for that later.

IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #121 on: July 08, 2012, 10:20 AM »

I agree Lashurst........He's just a lad and he has the weight of a nation on his shoulders. He doesn't need any more responsibility just yet! If he does propose to Kim in the future.......it'll be in private! He's a private person....bless him!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #122 on: July 08, 2012, 10:28 AM »

I agree Lashurst........He's just a lad and he has the weight of a nation on his shoulders. He doesn't need any more responsibility just yet! If he does propose to Kim in the future.......it'll be in private! He's a private person....bless him!
Caz, I've not yet given up the hope that he might marry me lol
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #123 on: July 08, 2012, 10:28 AM »

Nigel.....Great report by the way! I've just read it! You should take it up proffessionally........Sportswriting I mean!  yes
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #124 on: July 08, 2012, 10:45 AM »

Jan - the once in a lifetime legend reference was beating the self-proclaimed GOAT as underdog at Wimbledon in an Olympic Jubilee year - but i agree he''ll have many more chances of glory, just none as momentous as this in the annals of British sport!
IP Logged
Fran Deacon
Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #125 on: July 08, 2012, 12:02 PM »

WIMBLEDON FEVER

The time for the showdown is near
We’re approaching the final with fear –
Can the dour young Scot
Show us just what he’s got
Or will he be out on his ear?

His mother will sit and extend
Her matronly gaze to the end
The pressure is mounting
Just one day – and counting
Her honour he has to defend!

(Federer stands in the slips
With victory words on his lips
He’s mighty and bold
A champion of old
As his Wilson he manfully grips).

Poor Andy – he carries a weight!
The hopes of this united (?) State –
Upon his slim shoulders
He carries huge boulders
What will be the sum of his fate?

So hope as you watch the TV
With cucumber sandwich and tea –
With each perfect volley
That he stays on his trolley
And does it for you and for me!

Frances Deacon     ©    2012
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #126 on: July 08, 2012, 12:06 PM »

Do you do doggerel for the Daily Mail by any chance?
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #127 on: July 08, 2012, 12:41 PM »

:
Yes sooner we get the Scots independence the better.

Come on Federer!
get out

BAN!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #128 on: July 08, 2012, 12:42 PM »

FRAN DEACON, So many great poets we have om MW. welcome
IP Logged
david curtis
Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #129 on: July 08, 2012, 01:07 PM »

All the best Andy Murray hope your dream come true for you in this very special year nervous[color yay=red][/color]
IP Logged
Marion

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #130 on: July 08, 2012, 01:24 PM »

As the hour fast approaches here's what the Scottish Bard in Italy has to say !

Now's the day, an now's the hour
See the front o battle lour,
See approach proud Roger's power
Chains and slavery.

Lay the proud big bugger low,
Go on Andy, Go son go!
Liberty's in every blow !
Let us do or dee.

Andy dae yir best fur us.
Wipe that smile aff his puss.
Send him hame tae his toblerone.
We are with you, yir not alone.   cmon yeah

Now I'm off to chill the Prosecco and get the strawberries out.

Mac Dante in Italy  hug
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #131 on: July 08, 2012, 05:06 PM »

Go Andy take him to five sets if you have to.The oap wont want a five setter,he might be as fit as you,but hes nowhere near as young,or as good looking.He might think hes the best thing since sliced bread,but at the end of a five setter with you he will have aged at least another Ten years.GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS
IP Logged
caroline
ATP Level

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #132 on: July 08, 2012, 06:56 PM »

Bad luck Murray,am so proud of you win or not.Fed best make the most of this moment because i dont think he will be no 1 for long,and this maybe his last grandslam win.Hope Andy is not to badly affected by this loss,his time will come of that i am sure,he must just keep having the faith in himself and his game.This is were Ivans work will really start as he has to make Andy keep believing in himself,otherwise this loss could be bad news.I cried when Andy lost he works so hard is so polite it made me sad to see him crying.Will never stop believing in Andy he will win grandslams of that i am sure.Next the olympics,then roll on the us open as i believe that is where Andy will win his fist grandslam,and i think if he can get over this loss quickly he will win this years us open.GOOD LUCK AND GOD BLESS AS ALWAYS ANDY.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #133 on: July 19, 2012, 04:36 PM »

Wish it was another People's Final like 2001. Can you imagine what the atmosphere would be like? Frown

Does it make me sound old that I remember that like it was yesterday?
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray storms into Wimbledon final « Reply #134 on: July 19, 2012, 04:46 PM »

Hands up who cried when Andy won the semi. I did and I don't care who knows it.

Honestly, I think I lived every second of that 4th set with him. That bit of tightness in the third was excusable I think. He was on the brink of history.

Must also say that Mark Petchey's commentary at the end of the match will live with me forever. Great stuff.

I was just a bit cross with the shots of the statue of Fred Perry, I just didn't think it was appropriate at that time, although they can show the statue all they like when Andy does win Wimbledon, because I'm convinced he will one day. I just hope its against Fed, preferably in straight sets. I would love that!

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply