Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray dispatches Dimitrov 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray dispatches Dimitrov

(Read 2267 times)
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Murray dispatches Dimitrov « on: September 30, 2011, 02:57 PM »

Andy Murray advanced to the semi-finals of the Thailand Open today after a routine 6-4, 6-4 victory over Grigor Dimitrov.

The Scot was only briefely troubled by his Bulgarian opponent and rarely had to get out of second gear.

Murray seems focused on winning this event. This is unusual as the Scot seems to view anything other than Masters events as good match practice, rather than events to be won on merit.
[ Last edit by Mark September 30, 2011, 03:09 PM ] IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #1 on: September 30, 2011, 03:00 PM »

Wants the points world no 3 here we come (fingers crossed).
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #2 on: September 30, 2011, 03:00 PM »

I'm hoping that he's decided to knuckle down, treat each tournament seriously and go for the title every week. Success breeds success and winning MMs can surely only be a positive...

...and as Tessie says, helping to knock Frauderer even further off his ******* perch is a nice bonus. wink
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #3 on: September 30, 2011, 03:08 PM »

Onwards and upwards Andy!  cmon yeah
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #4 on: September 30, 2011, 03:10 PM »

Yeah totally agree with your comments Joe. It was nice to see Andy giving what looked like words of praise and encouragement to Dimitrov at the net. Is there any validity in the Aussie comms remarks about Roger Raschid? Not very convinced if they can't get a player's nationality correct.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #5 on: September 30, 2011, 04:27 PM »

Yeah totally agree with your comments Joe. It was nice to see Andy giving what looked like words of praise and encouragement to Dimitrov at the net. Is there any validity in the Aussie comms. remarks about Roger Raschid? Not very convinced if they can't get a player's nationality correct.
Andy recognises a good player and lets him know it.  Unlike, er ... well, some other top players!  As for Rashid - that was a load of hot air on the part of the comms, unless of course they knows something we don't.  Seems they've got to waffle on about something.  And as for constantly referring to Dimitrov as Romanian, that was pretty disgraceful.  Tantamount to saying that Andy is American, really.

I'm hoping that he's decided to knuckle down, treat each tournament seriously and go for the title every week. Success breeds success and winning MMs can surely only be a positive...

...and as Tessie says, helping to knock Frauderer even further off his f**king perch is a nice bonus. wink
I agree entirely with that too!  Time Andy woke up to reality and added to his haul of titles, as well as - dare we hope - seriously working towards that first Slam and getting into the top 3 and staying there.

Good work out for him against Dimitrov though.  He's definitely one to watch for the future.

IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #6 on: September 30, 2011, 04:50 PM »

It was nice to see Andy smiling during the match, he looks thoroughly relaxed and confident within himself.  I thought he looked more muscular or perhaps it was just the streaming.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #7 on: September 30, 2011, 04:58 PM »

Gilles Simon just got through to the SF, beating Matthias Bachinger 3-6, 6-3, 6-2.

It was nice to see Andy smiling during the match, he looks thoroughly relaxed and confident within himself.  I thought he looked more muscular or perhaps it was just the streaming.
Still the old signs of frustration breaking through, though, but at least he didn't demolish his racket.  Dimitrov should have got a warning for that.  Also I too thought Andy looked slightly more muscular - leaner, really.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #8 on: September 30, 2011, 05:27 PM »

Onwards and upwards Andy!  cmon yeah
Hi CHRIS WAS IT ON SKY COULDNT FIND IT????
[ Last edit by deb September 30, 2011, 05:33 PM ] IP Logged
tomthoms
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #9 on: September 30, 2011, 05:46 PM »

AILEEN SAID:

" Tantamount to saying that Andy is American, really."

Isn't he?  duh
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #10 on: September 30, 2011, 09:02 PM »

Where are the Bangkok matches being screened?
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #11 on: September 30, 2011, 10:41 PM »

Where are the Bangkok matches being screened?
Think you have to watch the live stream of it as it's not on TV as far as know.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #12 on: October 01, 2011, 12:09 AM »

Gilles Simon just got through to the SF, beating Matthias Bachinger 3-6, 6-3, 6-2.
Still the old signs of frustration breaking through, though, but at least he didn't demolish his racket.  Dimitrov should have got a warning for that.  Also I too thought Andy looked slightly more muscular - leaner, really.
I didnt see the match, but he seems to be doing good. Rather disappointing to hear about his frustrations again, it ruins his chances time and time again.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #13 on: October 01, 2011, 12:51 AM »

Hi everyone; greetings from Zion National Park, SW USA where it is incredibly HOT.  Good to see Andy is doing well in Bangkok - wasn't even sure if he'd be playing given he was tired after USO.  Who is he playing in SFs?  Sorry but totally out of touch!  Is it the lovely Simon again?  confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray dispatches Dimitrov « Reply #14 on: October 01, 2011, 01:24 AM »

It is indeed Simon again for, I think, the 9th time!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »