Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?

MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt

(Read 1685 times)
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #15 on: October 14, 2011, 05:39 PM »

When conditions change, indoors, outdoors temperature and humidity, that applies to both players and some are quicker than others at adjusting.

Andy perhaps needs more time than others.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #16 on: October 14, 2011, 05:41 PM »

What short memories some of us have. Not so long ago we would be grateful if he came out and  served about 50 percent first serves and won two matches in a row without imploding emotionally. Now we expect sublime tennis in every match from the very beginning, and to win every match with no problems with his opponent at all. Lets just enjoy this wonderful run and hope he retains this magic touch.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #17 on: October 14, 2011, 06:13 PM »

What short memories some of us have. Not so long ago we would be grateful if he came out and  served about 50 percent first serves and won two matches in a row without imploding emotionally. Now we expect sublime tennis in every match from the very beginning, and to win every match with no problems with his opponent at all. Lets just enjoy this wonderful run and hope he retains this magic touch.

hear hear Araminta.  Some people expect perfection.  Andy gets placed on a pedestal and the minute it wobbles, they try to bring him crashing down as if he had feet of clay.  He's a human being - even if sky have dubbed him the winning machine!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #18 on: October 14, 2011, 06:39 PM »

well said, go Andy well played. yay
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #19 on: October 14, 2011, 06:56 PM »

hear hear Araminta.  Some people expect perfection.  Andy gets placed on a pedestal and the minute it wobbles, they try to bring him crashing down as if he had feet of clay.  He's a human being - even if sky have dubbed him the winning machine!

Gosh, Ruthie, in your youthful age you are acquiring astute comments. Well said!

Phil, as ever a succint and accurate report.

I feel Andy's nerves were brought by his never having previously played the mini "snooker player". Perhaps a similar situation will occur tomorrow against Nishikori until Andy gets the measure of his opponent.

Go get him. Andy!
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #20 on: October 14, 2011, 07:02 PM »

Well said Araminta,we cannot expect perfection every time .I am just so pleased for where he is and what he has done.  Well done Andy. yay
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #21 on: October 14, 2011, 07:15 PM »

Couldn't agree more Araminta - 22 wins in 23 matches what more could we ask for?

(Just another 2 + Paris and the O2 of course - only joking!)

You're doing just brilliantly Andy - we are all sooo proud of you!!!   yay yay yay
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #22 on: October 14, 2011, 07:36 PM »

Gosh, Ruthie, in your youthful age you are acquiring astute comments. Well said!

Phil, as ever a succint and accurate report.

I feel Andy's nerves were brought by his never having previously played the mini "snooker player". Perhaps a similar situation will occur tomorrow against Nishikori until Andy gets the measure of his opponent.

Go get him. Andy!
Hey OSS my friend not sure whether to take that as a compliment or an insult!  I guess a back-handed form of the former!!  w00t
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #23 on: October 14, 2011, 08:02 PM »

Andy has been superb today. The conditions can effect the player and also having never played the guy.

Tomorrow will be the same but Andy will go out there very confident because he will want to prove a point. He was coached by Brad years ago but Brad does not Know how Andy plays now or his temperarent he has grown up as it were to be where he is today. Totally a different play more confident No 4 in the world, although people will say Kei has nothing to loose but experience sas a lot.  andy in 2.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #24 on: October 14, 2011, 08:26 PM »

Couldn't agree more Araminta - 22 wins in 23 matches what more could we ask for?

(Just another 2 + Paris and the O2 of course - only joking!)

You're doing just brilliantly Andy - we are all sooo proud of you!!!   yay yay yay
clap yes why not !!  yay
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #25 on: October 14, 2011, 08:28 PM »

What short memories some of us have. Not so long ago we would be grateful if he came out and  served about 50 percent first serves and won two matches in a row without imploding emotionally. Now we expect sublime tennis in every match from the very beginning, and to win every match with no problems with his opponent at all. Lets just enjoy this wonderful run and hope he retains this magic touch.

Spot on....lets just enjoy....my liver rejoices. Smile
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #26 on: October 14, 2011, 08:29 PM »

Andy has been superb today. The conditions can effect the player and also having never played the guy.

Tomorrow will be the same but Andy will go out there very confident because he will want to prove a point. He was coached by Brad years ago but Brad does not Know how Andy plays now or his temperarent he has grown up as it were to be where he is today. Totally a different play more confident No 4 in the world, although people will say Kei has nothing to loose but experience sas a lot.  andy in 2.
Will be interesting Jdonald, i think in 2 to!! Good luck Andy  yay
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #27 on: October 14, 2011, 08:33 PM »

Good report Phil, despite your misgivings about writing it.  It wasn't an easy match to judge.

I was disappointed by some of Andy's early body language, but I can understand why nerves played a part.  For one thing Ebden was new territory and he certainly would not have relished a defeat at the hands of a player currently ranked No. 124.  Also he's expected to win this tournament - and indeed must win it to defend all those ranking points which will be so valuable if he is to overtake Federer (and the YTD points should not be confused with the usual 52 weekly ones).

Also in fairness to Ebden, I thought he turned in a good performance given that he is effectively a part-time player, combining tennis with study for a commerce degree.

Now Murray vs Nishikori - which one will manage to "win ugly" should circumstances so dictate?  Nishikori has become a much improved player under BG's tutelage and got to the SF here defeating Tsonga en route, so his confidence will be high.  He and Andy have never played each other except in a recent doubles match in Japan, so once again it's new territory for Andy.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #28 on: October 14, 2011, 08:36 PM »

I was disappointed by some of Andy's early body language,.

Diddums. :
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray dispatches mini-Hewitt « Reply #29 on: October 14, 2011, 08:49 PM »

I agree He will come out fighting and why not as he was also coached by Brad. Again, he was much younger then and very new on the professional circuit. But he has improved. Go Andy you will win .
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »