Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray eases past Seppi into quarters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray eases past Seppi into quarters

(Read 2110 times)
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #15 on: March 26, 2013, 11:12 PM »

Great report Nigel as always. udaman
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #16 on: March 26, 2013, 11:59 PM »

Andy's next match will be on Thursday against Marin Cilic who defeated Tsonga 7-5, 7-6.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #17 on: March 27, 2013, 01:11 AM »

The definition of concise. Very Happy
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #18 on: March 27, 2013, 03:30 AM »

"Seppi, who took over an hour to hit his first winner, must have dreaded the start of each rally, knowing he would have to run back home to Bolzano and back in pursuit of Murray’s hefty groundshots."   Funny stuff, Nigel. Nice to be on the winning side.

Well done, Andy! Onwards & Upwards!
IP Logged
counter_ puncher
Challenger Level

A counter puncher like Andy always fights back.

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #19 on: March 27, 2013, 07:06 AM »

A nice read- thanks for the report. Only I did not find Andy that relaxed. He was visibly angry with his shots now and then, had this little discussion with the umpire, bounced his racket. Not that I mind it. I have always said I prefer some body language to poker faces.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #20 on: March 27, 2013, 08:08 AM »

Haven't we got a match thread yet for the quarters?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #21 on: March 27, 2013, 08:12 AM »

loved the report and disappointed couldn't watch the match - had hoped it would be this evening.  On radio they said something about Andy pulling a leg muscle towards the end and grimacing a few times though apparently Andy said nothing serious in his press conference.  Did anyone notice him incurring an injury?
Amazed to hear that Nole beaten.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #22 on: March 27, 2013, 08:15 AM »

loved the report and disappointed couldn't watch the match - had hoped it would be this evening.  On radio they said something about Andy pulling a leg muscle towards the end and grimacing a few times though apparently Andy said nothing serious in his press conference.  Did anyone notice him incurring an injury?

It's about time Andy won a Masters. This one has his name on it.
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #23 on: March 27, 2013, 08:46 AM »

Good report. I watched the match and thought Andy played well and with great intelligence given the conditions. Andy did mention that he hurt himself in the hip area going for a ball, but that after a few more games in went and that he was fine now. So there is no concern in that area, he'll have a day to recover before his Cilic match.
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #24 on: March 27, 2013, 08:48 AM »

Andy had some wicked shots today. Looks like he's playing himself into form.

Thanks for the report Nigel.

Love them like hell. Very Happy
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #25 on: March 27, 2013, 08:49 AM »

It's about time Andy won a Masters. This one has his name on it.

Yup, same thoughts. His last one was in 2010?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #26 on: March 27, 2013, 09:00 AM »

Possibly pulled something 1st game of the 2nd set, stretching for Seppi's first winning shot - right side.
IP Logged
matchpoint
Futures Level

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #27 on: March 27, 2013, 09:25 AM »

Possibly pulled something 1st game of the 2nd set, stretching for Seppi's first winning shot - right side.

Andy mentions it in his post match comments
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #28 on: March 27, 2013, 09:29 AM »

Yup, same thoughts. His last one was in 2010?
No  it was in 2011.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #29 on: March 27, 2013, 10:33 AM »

Hi All,

Thought I'd do the niceties because I've been awol for a couple of days. I've got a headache I can't shift. It's not a migraine, just a headache that's driving me mad. Mind you, got the fright of my life earlier when I read Djokovic had gone out. I thought I was hallucinating Whistle.

I thought Andy was great last night, he looks like he is playing himself back into form. It was great to see him striking the ball with such confidence and moving so well.

Seppi must dread seeing Andy's name on his side. Still, he put up something of a fight in the second, but I just felt the result was inevitable then. Andy might have got a bit distracted, whether by tweaking his leg muscle (it did look like a tweak more than a pull as such, still painful though, at least I'd imagine) or because it was all too easy for him, but the result was never really in any doubt.

I'd love to think Andy's name is virtually on the trophy now, but I don't dare. I'm not going to be the one who jinxes him Whistle.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »