Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray eases past Seppi into quarters 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray eases past Seppi into quarters

(Read 2154 times)
xxdanixx
Seed

Dream big, because little dreams have little magic

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #30 on: March 27, 2013, 11:07 AM »

Sorry to hear about your headache Teejay-hope you feel better soon hug

No no no,don't you dare jinx our man-though I'd love it if you're right lol!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #31 on: March 27, 2013, 11:16 AM »

Glad for the reassurances that doesn't sound like the muscle was more than a tweak. And even more importantly perhaps that it sounds like Andy is playing himself back into form.  Absolutely agree he is due a masters - and how appropriate if it should be the masters in his 2nd home.  But many a slip so not counting chickens or anything else. 
Hope that wind keeps up should he get to SF and play Birdy  Whistle
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #32 on: March 27, 2013, 12:45 PM »

Good report, Nigel. Many thanks.

Noted that Andy when serving for the match had his second of two double faults. Obviously, a short time lost concentration.

Incidentally, Andy's support team seems to have changed. Is this permanent or merely a shuffling around? In particular, the lady who has been in the team is no longer there. Does anyone know the answer?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #33 on: March 27, 2013, 12:55 PM »

Incidentally, Andy's support team seems to have changed. Is this permanent or merely a shuffling around? In particular, the lady who has been in the team is no longer there. Does anyone know the answer?

Andy Ireland isn't there at the moment,but he's not out of the team-according to Jonathan Overend he just wanted to cut down on his overseas travelling.Andy's working with Tim Henman's old physio instead.

I think Matt Little isn't there because Jez's base is in America.

As for the lady you're talking about,Louise Irving,she's from the PR/Management side of things,and Angie and I were speculating last night on the match thread that it's possible she's not there because Andy is currently in the middle of deciding whether to re-sign with his management or go to a new agency.That's just our guess,but it is quite possible,as Matt Gentry,another guy from the PR team who often appeared in th box,is also not there at the moment.
IP Logged
benniebone
ATP Level

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #34 on: March 27, 2013, 01:07 PM »

Another great report,showing me that being on live scores is not enough to get the spirit of a match  I  just love  the comment about  Seppi being on the" guest list for purgatory" but I can think of a few more players I would nominate for such an honour before poor old Seppi.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #35 on: March 27, 2013, 01:15 PM »

Andy Ireland isn't there at the moment,but he's not out of the team-according to Jonathan Overend he just wanted to cut down on his overseas travelling.Andy's working with Tim Henman's old physio instead.

I think Matt Little isn't there because Jez's base is in America.

As for the lady you're talking about,Louise Irving,she's from the PR/Management side of things,and Angie and I were speculating last night on the match thread that it's possible she's not there because Andy is currently in the middle of deciding whether to re-sign with his management or go to a new agency.That's just our guess,but it is quite possible,as Matt Gentry,another guy from the PR team who often appeared in th box,is also not there at the moment.

Thanks, Dani.

Nevertheless, there still appears to be a subtle change round of his long lasting team. Maybe not necessarily for the better. Is this owing to Ivan Lendle's influence or something else?

With regards to the PR team, I had also heard that Andy is disappointed with the post-US effort to obtain new and/or increased sponsorships. Are they still in negotiations?
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #36 on: March 27, 2013, 01:50 PM »

Thanks, Dani.

Nevertheless, there still appears to be a subtle change round of his long lasting team. Maybe not necessarily for the better. Is this owing to Ivan Lendle's influence or something else?

With regards to the PR team, I had also heard that Andy is disappointed with the post-US effort to obtain new and/or increased sponsorships. Are they still in negotiations?

No problem Smile

I know what you mean,but I'm not sure it's anything we need to worry about yet.Matt and Jez have often divided the travell-y bits between them,and America is Jez's home base,where his girlfriend lives and everything,so in that sense it'd only make sense for him to be the one to be there.

Judy,Will,Kim,Andy's friend Rob-they're all still there,as is Dani Vallverdu of course.We're just so used to seeing the same faces at all the matches that it feels odd to not see them!

I think really it's the disappearance of Matt Gentry and Louise Irving (who was always there) that makes it more noticeable-if they were still there,and we had the explanations for Andy Ireland and Matt Little's non-appearance,I  don't think things would appear so changed.I could be wrong,of course-the only ones who relly know what's going on with Andy and his team are Andy and his team after all!-but that's my take on things.

I don't think Ivan has really tried to change Andy's team too much.The only thing I've ever heard about that is that he said to Andy,about when playing overseas,to make sure that everyone travelling with him had a purpose for being there.

I heard the same thing,about Andy's disappointment in that regard.Yep,negotiations are still on-going,though he's still continuing to be managed  by them for now.Here's a couple articles on it:

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2294505/Bidding-war-breaks-Andy-Murray-Laura-Robson.html

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/Industry-Insider/March-2013/Andy-Murray,-Laura-Robson-at-center-of-internation.aspx

Actually,just mentioning Rob,does anyone know what he actually does?I've seen him around for years at matches and practices,but I've never known.I know he's often credited with running Andy's website,but someone asked him about it on twitter and he said he wasn't in charge of it,that they'd have to talk to Andy's management about it.Does anyne know does he actually have a role on the team or is he there just to be a supportive friend?Not that theres anything wrong with that-I've just always been curious.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #37 on: March 27, 2013, 02:17 PM »

Whose rob then dani? Can't put a face to that name...
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #38 on: March 27, 2013, 02:29 PM »

Whose rob then dani? Can't put a face to that name...

See the man to the left of Kim?It'd be on her right,I suppose,but facing us he's on the left.That's Rob.

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #39 on: March 27, 2013, 02:47 PM »

Andy mentions it in his post match comments

Thanks MatchPoint. It's good to get Andys version first hand.
IP Logged
angiebabez
Veteran

Andy Murray Wimbledon Champion 2013

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #40 on: March 27, 2013, 02:48 PM »

Thanks dani, beleive it or not all the matches ive seen over the years and ive never spotted him!! Tut tut call myself an andy fan Smile
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #41 on: March 27, 2013, 03:02 PM »

Thanks dani, beleive it or not all the matches ive seen over the years and ive never spotted him!! Tut tut call myself an andy fan Smile

No prob Smile He's not always there,but he is often there.Suppose you'd really only notice him when the camera zooms in on Kim (she's often sat next to him) or does a shot of the whole box or something.They wouldn't zoom in on him by himself,if you know what I mean!
[ Last edit by xxdanixx March 27, 2013, 03:05 PM ] IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #42 on: March 27, 2013, 03:08 PM »

See the man to the left of Kim?It'd be on her right,I suppose,but facing us he's on the left.That's Rob.

left right left...got it. Smile
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #43 on: March 27, 2013, 03:09 PM »

...got it. Smile
Well keep it to yourself... Wink
IP Logged
xxdanixx
Seed

Re: Murray eases past Seppi into quarters « Reply #44 on: March 27, 2013, 03:11 PM »

left right left...got it. Smile

Good to know Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »