Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray edged out in five-set thriller 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray edged out in five-set thriller

(Read 5666 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #195 on: February 02, 2012, 04:22 AM »

Aileen,

Let's not forget Andy did the same thing as well.
I hadn't forgotten - but at least Andy stopped talking pretty quickly and gave full credit to Federer.  In no way did he spoil Fed's win.  In fact if he could have got off court there and then without doing the interview, he would probably have done so.  Fed on the other hand moaned on about how awful he felt, etc.

I'm pretty sure Andy did wave to the crowd as he was walking off court Aileen.
Maybe I just missed it then.

Again I apologise if this has been post already, but I thought this article in the HeraldSun was interesting as it gives Lendl's reaction to the match -

http://www.heraldsun.com.au/sport/tennis/andy-murrays-demons-aced-in-hard-fought-semi-final-loss/story-fn77kxzt-1226256640920

IP Logged
BigV

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #196 on: February 02, 2012, 05:23 PM »

Thank you for the post Aileen. Braught a tear to my eye.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #197 on: February 02, 2012, 06:55 PM »

Really good to read that article giving Lendl's perspective Aileen.  The more I read the more I feel that he and Andy have developed a relationship of genuine mutual respect and it feels as if Andy has already earned Mr L's fierce loyalty.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #198 on: February 03, 2012, 01:31 AM »

Really good to read that article giving Lendl's perspective Aileen.  The more I read the more I feel that he and Andy have developed a relationship of genuine mutual respect and it feels as if Andy has already earned Mr L's fierce loyalty.
I agree Ruthie, and I hope the handful of sceptics I've come across, not necessarily on this forum, who maintain that this is a publicity stunt for the International Junior Tennis Academy he opened last summer in South Carolina, will be eating lots of humble pie over the next few months.  Of course it explains why Lendl can't coach Andy for more than 20 weeks or so a year but those weeks will be invaluable.  Anyway if this blog is to be believed, it seems the Academy was doing very nicely before the coaching set up was announced -

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/Tennis-and-stuff-/December-2011/Ivan-Lendl-s-Tennis-Academy-off-to-a-Flying-Start.aspx

Also encouraging juniors to take up the sport is one of Andy's passions, so that's something else they have in common.

I came across this short instruction video (of which there are quite a few) which is self-explanatory and which also shows Lendl's sense of humour.

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #199 on: February 03, 2012, 10:31 AM »

Aileen, thanks for the link and the video! Interesting stuff.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray edged out in five-set thriller « Reply #200 on: February 03, 2012, 05:26 PM »

I agree Ruthie, and I hope the handful of sceptics I've come across, not necessarily on this forum, who maintain that this is a publicity stunt for the International Junior Tennis Academy he opened last summer in South Carolina, will be eating lots of humble pie over the next few months.  Of course it explains why Lendl can't coach Andy for more than 20 weeks or so a year but those weeks will be invaluable.  Anyway if this blog is to be believed, it seems the Academy was doing very nicely before the coaching set up was announced -

http://www.tennisnow.com/Blogs/Tennis-and-stuff-/December-2011/Ivan-Lendl-s-Tennis-Academy-off-to-a-Flying-Start.aspx

Also encouraging juniors to take up the sport is one of Andy's passions, so that's something else they have in common.

I came across this short instruction video (of which there are quite a few) which is self-explanatory and which also shows Lendl's sense of humour.

Thanks for sharing Aileen. Nice one!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »