Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray elbowed out by Nadal 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray elbowed out by Nadal  (Read 6814 times)
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #105 on: April 27, 2011, 01:18 PM »

Hey PT.....elbow wasn't too serious and he's in training now for the next tournament!

Yahooooooooooooooooooooooooo!! thats good to hear, Go Andy Go!! cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #106 on: April 28, 2011, 03:59 AM »

Hey PT.....elbow wasn't too serious and he's in training now for the next tournament!
Where did you find the info about the training?  Nothing on am.com except that he still seems to be in London.  He'll need to get himself off to Madrid very soon to get used to the high altitude conditions there.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #107 on: April 28, 2011, 11:48 AM »

Where did you find the info about the training?  Nothing on am.com except that he still seems to be in London.  He'll need to get himself off to Madrid very soon to get used to the high altitude conditions there.

Thats just what i was thinking Aileen, he seems to be hedging his bets a little, if he indeed has not yet left for Madrid? it's left me wondering if there is more to the injury than at first was reported.....
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #108 on: April 28, 2011, 12:26 PM »

He's heading out for Spain today!
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #109 on: April 28, 2011, 01:18 PM »

Good news.  I saw him Mum yesterday at Stirling Uni but she was engrossed in her coffee and chat, so I thought it might be a bit rude to just stroll up and ask for a fitness report! With Djoko back next week, Fed with a point to prove, and Nadal as imperious as ever, it should be a great tournament!!  Hope the rest has done him good, and judging by his tweets, I think he has enjoyed his little spell back home.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #110 on: April 29, 2011, 04:26 AM »

He's heading out for Spain today!
Caz - this is driving me nuts!  Where are you getting this info from?  Certainly not am.com - and the only thing I can find on the internet is this article dated 27 April -

http://www.10sballs.com/2011/04/27/no-news-on-andy-murray-ahead-of-madrid-masters/

Thats just what i was thinking Aileen, he seems to be hedging his bets a little, if he indeed has not yet left for Madrid? it's left me wondering if there is more to the injury than at first was reported.....
Even something like tendinitis - if indeed that's what it is - can take a while to settle completely.  In the absence of any news I think he may have sneaked quietly off to Madrid and may be making a late decision as to whether he's fit to play or not after he's had a few practice sessions.  The draw should be out today (I think) but Andy will probably get his usual R1 bye.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #111 on: April 29, 2011, 08:22 AM »

Caz - this is driving me nuts!  Where are you getting this info from?  Certainly not am.com - and the only thing I can find on the internet is this article dated 27 April -

http://www.10sballs.com/2011/04/27/no-news-on-andy-murray-ahead-of-madrid-masters/
Even something like tendinitis - if indeed that's what it is - can take a while to settle completely.  In the absence of any news I think he may have sneaked quietly off to Madrid and may be making a late decision as to whether he's fit to play or not after he's had a few practice sessions.  The draw should be out today (I think) but Andy will probably get his usual R1 bye.
Aileen, I get all my info on the best Andy Murray site..........this one of course........ w00t Check out 'Elbow updates'!
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #112 on: April 29, 2011, 12:02 PM »

Caz - this is driving me nuts!  Where are you getting this info from?
Andy's facebook page

http://www.facebook.com/andymurrayofficial
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #113 on: April 29, 2011, 01:00 PM »

The draw should be out today (I think) but Andy will probably get his usual R1 bye.
The draw is actually out tomorrow sometime after 1pm UK time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #114 on: April 29, 2011, 03:41 PM »

Aileen, I get all my info on the best Andy Murray site..........this one of course........ w00t Check out 'Elbow updates'!
Thanks! Smile   am.com really are slow ... but at least they've changed their background pic now.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #115 on: May 01, 2011, 05:12 PM »

“I had a really good practise with Rafa here,” a very relaxed and cheery Murray said. “We both played well, a really high standard. We played 16 games and it was eight games all. We played for an hour and 40 minutes, really high intensity practise.

"I feel like I can definitely compete with him and win against him but it’s a very, very difficult thing to do because he’s one the best players of all time and it’s difficult but I think I can get there.”
 - quote from an interview Andy gave - sounds like he is ready to go at Madrid and one can assume that the injury he picked up at Monte Carlo has healed  yay Go Andy!!
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #116 on: May 01, 2011, 05:57 PM »

It's in the Telegraph
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #117 on: May 01, 2011, 07:58 PM »

Thanks Colin i found the URL for those of you who want to read it in its entirety

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/8486638/Andy-Murray-confident-he-is-in-good-enough-shape-to-give-Rafael-Nadal-a-run-for-his-money.html
IP Logged
colin
Satellite Level

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #118 on: May 01, 2011, 10:51 PM »

Thanks PT but the word Telegraph in my posting above is also a link which is why it is blue.
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray elbowed out by Nadal « Reply #119 on: May 01, 2011, 11:02 PM »

Thanks to you both. Good reading he sounds very positive.  Go andy.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 5 6 7 [8] 9 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply