Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, Estimated time - 8:00pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray faces scan on ankle 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray faces scan on ankle

(Read 644 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray faces scan on ankle « on: March 29, 2006, 08:59 AM »

With just over a week remaining before Britain's Davis Cup tie against Serbia and Montenegro in the Glasgow suburbs, it emerged yesterday that Andy Murray will have a scan on the ankle he sprained during his first-round defeat by Switzerland's Stanislas Wawrinka at the Nasdaq-100 Open.

Tomorrow's scan will determine whether Murray did any long-term damage to his left ankle when he lost his footing and twisted on to the cement court last Wednesday night. He turned the same ankle during last summer's Stella Artois Championships at Queen's Club, and for security he has since worn a heavy plastic brace, which he snapped during the fall against Wawrinka.

Murray, 18, has been in London since returning from the Masters Series event in Florida, and it is understood that he will do only light training - hitting for around half an hour a day - before the scan has been analysed.

- Full Story (telegraph.co.uk)
IP Logged
ljsmall
Veteran

It's a Murray Duck!

Re: Murray faces scan on ankle « Reply #1 on: March 29, 2006, 09:30 AM »

Although the title of this sounds bad the story is actually quite promising. I suppose we'll hear later tomorrow what's going on and whether or not he'll play. Did you also notice the little bit about the hawk eye stuff at the end. Players are only justified in 1 in 4 challenges! And only 22% for the ladies. Just shows how wrong they can be sometimes.
IP Logged
davidB
John McEnroe

If at first you don't succeed, you fail.

Re: Murray faces scan on ankle « Reply #2 on: March 29, 2006, 01:27 PM »

davydenko hasn't been wrong yet has he. that dude has a real good eye.
IP Logged
rochelle
Top Seed

Andy and Jamie

Re: Murray faces scan on ankle « Reply #3 on: March 29, 2006, 06:05 PM »

awww gutted for murray . i told someone but i cant remebr who that he sparained his ankle but sum one said he will b fine,.. i hope he is ok .
i noticed the davey thing with the hawk eye , i watched the match , and i also watched the Roddick game and he wasnt good at it  . its really funny coz he always questions the call
IP Logged
wotnopimms
Futures Level

Re: Murray faces scan on ankle « Reply #4 on: March 29, 2006, 06:38 PM »

Well, let's all cross our fingers for tomorrow then. Was looking for a fingers crossed emoticon but couldn't find one...... Wink
IP Logged
Elly
Murraymaniac

The mind doubts, but the heart never does.

Re: Murray faces scan on ankle « Reply #5 on: March 30, 2006, 10:51 AM »

crossfingers  This is what you want!  Hoping it's good news today!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »