Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw

(Read 3864 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #15 on: June 22, 2012, 01:11 PM »

Fed did OK: Ramos, then possibly Llodra, Benneteau, Simon, Isner, Djokovic and then final.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #16 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Tsonga v Hewitt will be a stonker. Get your popcorn out.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #17 on: June 22, 2012, 01:12 PM »

Tsonga v Hewitt will be a stonker. Get your popcorn out.

lol Yeah that will be entertaining
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #18 on: June 22, 2012, 01:19 PM »

BBC has tracked the route slightly differently, with Gasquet in the mix [I'm sure RG would love that!]  though looks less likely to me than the one suggested on MW:

Murray's projected route to the final sees him play Davydenko, two big servers in Ivo Karlovic and Kevin Anderson, Richard Gasquet, his French Open conqueror David Ferrer, Nadal and Djokovic
IP Logged
Little Laroo

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #19 on: June 22, 2012, 01:30 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that this draw isn't too bad (well at least until the potential quarters)?

R1: Davydenko - way, way, way past his best and hasn't had a great year.

R2: Karlovic - ain't nothin' but a serve and again hasn't had a brilliant year.

R3: Anderson - dangerous floater but won't cause any difficulty to a top player. Could potentially take a set off Murray but that's about it. If Murray ends up playing Marcos Bagdhatis at this stage then it'll be a straight sets win for Murray. Bagdhatis is a bum.

R4: Cilic or Raonic (or Gasquet no?) - difficult against any of those but doable. Raonic is very much the up and comer of the mens tour but I would hazard a guess that the grass won't suit his style of play (he looks better on the faster surfaces). Cilic has the potential to be a great player no doubt about it but so far he hasn't exactly realised his potential and how much will the debacle of Queens weigh on his mind? As for Richard Gasquet sorry but hahahahahahaha the poor guy is shot in the head when it come to the mental side of the game. People complain that Murray doesn't have it together upstairs but Gasquet is a Psychologists dream!

QF: Ferrer, Del Potro - I would say if he come up against Ferrer Murray has big, big problems. It'll be a long, hard and difficult match. However, on the grass I think it'll certainly be a lot closer than the match in Paris and I expect Murray to come through in about 5 sets. He'll beat Delpo on the grass. So far Delpo isn't anywhere near the player he was (and was he even that good anyway? Hard to tell) and despite protestations that he's a contender at the slams so far I've not witnessed anything that backs up the journalistic hyperbole.

SF: Nadal - eek lol. After the implosion last year against Nadal Murray will have a lot to think about if he makes it this far. Still he's beaten Nadal in a semifinal before at the US and Nadal lost against Kohlschreiber on the grass recently so maybe hasn't had the build up he might have wanted (although that probably has more to do with coming down after his 20 millionth French win). Winnable but again it'll be a difficult match. I would rather watch a Murray / Nadal semi final than a Nadal / Ferrer or Nadal / Delpo semi final because at least then it'll be a decent match and (hopefully) not a walkover.

F: Djokovic - A Murray / Djokovic final would be amazing and winnable for either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.
IP Logged
Katie
ATP Level

Andy Murray - US Open and Wimbledon champion! :)

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #20 on: June 22, 2012, 01:53 PM »

The Beeb have got it wrong - Gasquet's in the other half of the draw, in Novak's quarter.

IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #21 on: June 22, 2012, 01:54 PM »

Thanks Laroo! interesting post.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #22 on: June 22, 2012, 01:59 PM »

Hey Little Laroo and.. welcome
Good, interesting post... but my fave bit was this: Smile

F: Djokovic - A Murray / Djokovic .
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #23 on: June 22, 2012, 02:02 PM »

The Beeb have got it wrong - Gasquet's in the other half of the draw, in Novak's quarter.

Thanks for the correction.  I hadn't looked that closely but stupid error on their part.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #24 on: June 22, 2012, 02:03 PM »

Raonic is very much the up and comer of the mens tour but I would hazard a guess that the grass won't suit his style of play (he looks better on the faster surfaces).

Grass is made for Raonic. As its "apparently" the fastest of the surfaces his serve is a massive weapon.   

On the other hand I think Murray playing well should get through Ferrer in 4 on grass. Hell, he nearly done that on clay playing appallingly!
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #25 on: June 22, 2012, 02:06 PM »

Am I the only one who thinks that this draw isn't too bad (well at least until the potential quarters)?

QF: Ferrer, Del Potro - I would say if he come up against Ferrer Murray has big, big problems. It'll be a long, hard and difficult match. However, on the grass I think it'll certainly be a lot closer than the match in Paris and I expect Murray to come through in about 5 sets. He'll beat Delpo on the grass. So far Delpo isn't anywhere near the player he was (and was he even that good anyway? Hard to tell) and despite protestations that he's a contender at the slams so far I've not witnessed anything that backs up the journalistic hyperbole.

SF: Nadal - eek lol. After the implosion last year against Nadal Murray will have a lot to think about if he makes it this far. Still he's beaten Nadal in a semifinal before at the US and Nadal lost against Kohlschreiber on the grass recently so maybe hasn't had the build up he might have wanted (although that probably has more to do with coming down after his 20 millionth French win). Winnable but again it'll be a difficult match. I would rather watch a Murray / Nadal semi final than a Nadal / Ferrer or Nadal / Delpo semi final because at least then it'll be a decent match and (hopefully) not a walkover.

F: Djokovic - A Murray / Djokovic final would be amazing and winnable for either. I guess we'll just have to wait and see.

Andy will take Ferrer out in 4 tops on a faster surface.
Don't underestimate Del Potro, he caused Nadal all kinds of problems at last years Wimbledon, but Andy so far has had his number.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #26 on: June 22, 2012, 02:08 PM »

Andy on Rafa's side of the draw again - there's a surprise - if you flipped a coin do you think it would be likely to come down heads 7 out of 8 times?
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #27 on: June 22, 2012, 02:09 PM »

Andy on Rafa's side of the draw again - there's a surprise - if you flipped a coin do you think it would be likely to come down heads 7 out of 8 times?

NO.
And no one, bar federers army does.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #28 on: June 22, 2012, 02:11 PM »

The way Andy is playing currently, he will do well to get past Davydenko. And if he does then let's not get ahead of ourselves.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #29 on: June 22, 2012, 02:14 PM »

The way Andy is playing currently, he will do well to get past Davydenko. And if he does then let's not get ahead of ourselves.

I'm hoping it was all a ruse for the main event actually OSS.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »