Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw

(Read 3912 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #90 on: June 25, 2012, 03:20 PM »

I looked yesterday at a chart of the 12 'top' tennis pundits - two were predicting a Djokovic win, four went for Nadal and six for Federer - I don't know what they're seeing that I'm not.  Tracey Austin, however, on BBC Breakfast said that she thought Fed was definitely a rung below the other two. 
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #91 on: June 25, 2012, 03:26 PM »

. Yes I agree , you would think Tim of all people would be behind Andy , but secretly  I think he dosnt won't Andy to get a slam !! I also cannot believe how so many are saying Fed will win why ????what an I missing??
You aren't missing anything - it's those other deluded people who are!  And, yes, I think "We love you Tim" is suffering from a severe dose of Green-Eyed Monster.

I have just been thinking iof Sharapova.  She had a new coach just under 2 years and ago now she is doing great things.  This proves the fact that it takers some time fopr a new coach to make a difference.  Last year at wimbledon she had so many double faults it was incredible now but she is serving so well.  There is hope for our Andy.
Interesting.  Just watching Sharapova at the moment taking Rodionova apart.  Well Lendl's only been with Andy for a relatively short space of time, given that he's only with him on a part-time basis, so I reckon patience is still the key, difficult though it may be.

IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #92 on: June 25, 2012, 03:33 PM »

I looked yesterday at a chart of the 12 'top' tennis pundits - two were predicting a Djokovic win, four went for Nadal and six for Federer - I don't know what they're seeing that I'm not.  Tracey Austin, however, on BBC Breakfast said that she thought Fed was definitely a rung below the other two.  

I bet one of these six blind fools was our very own Timothy Henman,
Although difficult to vanquish for most at Wimbledon, Roger will be at best a dangerous floater who could benefit from some good luck but nothing more.
Its good that no one thinks Andy will pull through,
If I'm honest i don't think he will either, but if he gets to the finals and doesn't implode and takes it to 5 for example, then i will have to say that he is truly on the verge.
Actually if he beats nadal in the semi's, or takes him to 5, I will feel that too.
Once the forehand clicks in with the rest of his game that is.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme June 25, 2012, 03:47 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #93 on: June 25, 2012, 03:54 PM »

Very interesting that the two BBC comms for the Djokovic match were talking about the Top Two ... Whistle

I don't realistically think Andy will win Wimbledon - but if he can stay under the radar for as long as possible that'll suit him very nicely.  Being the under-dog has its advantages.  Also who knows that Nadal and Djoko will even reach the final?  Slams are strange things.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #94 on: June 25, 2012, 04:00 PM »

I looked yesterday at a chart of the 12 'top' tennis pundits - two were predicting a Djokovic win, four went for Nadal and six for Federer - I don't know what they're seeing that I'm not.  Tracey Austin, however, on BBC Breakfast said that she thought Fed was definitely a rung below the other two.  
Yes Alis I did see her interview, thank god she can see it!! They also said fast forward to the semis for Fed its such an easy draw.!!
[ Last edit by deb June 25, 2012, 04:54 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #95 on: June 25, 2012, 04:12 PM »

Very interesting that the two BBC comms for the Djokovic match were talking about the Top Two ... Whistle

I don't realistically think Andy will win Wimbledon - but if he can stay under the radar for as long as possible that'll suit him very nicely.  Being the under-dog has its advantages.  Also who knows that Nadal and Djoko will even reach the final?  Slams are strange things.
Yes I agree.Andy has a very hard job to win this year, but as you say lots could happen yet , who knows what this next two weeks will bring.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #96 on: June 25, 2012, 04:21 PM »

I don't realistically think Andy will win Wimbledon - but if he can stay under the radar for as long as possible that'll suit him very nicely.  Being the under-dog has its advantages. Also who knows that Nadal and Djoko will even reach the final?  Slams are strange things.

Who knows indeed.
If the stars do align and normal service cannot be continued Andy will still have to be man enough to take advantage & grab it for himself. Sadly I still think there are others more able to do this, like Fed, as he just doesn't seem to be able to take things on his own terms. He waits around for them to be given to him through mistakes which is very frustrating but maybe the penny will finally drop. The signs are encouraging from the things he says in interviews at least.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #97 on: June 25, 2012, 05:41 PM »

Enough already however, its time for him to get over this.
Andy has been around for a longtime now he really has to maintain his composure and be ready to play his best when it really matters. He is 25 now he must find a way to relax and I'm sure Lendl can be a help in this.
Is that you in the avatar EJ? lol
You look like a bollywood star!
Its a very nice photo if it is you but it is also deceiving as you look a lot more innocent than you obviously are.
The face dosn't match the thought processes  devil

He's been to finals 3 different times already so yes, enough is enough. He has to find a way to work on the nerves. Taking the pressure off by losing a series of events is easy, but if and when he makes a final again, the pressure will be on again. Even if he makes a final here, the pressure will go right up, so I don't think the real problem is going into a major with the pressure already built on, but rather the pressure he has to deal with in the final. There's no escaping from that no matter how much pressure you take off just prior. Better to simply deal with it once you are thre and the 5 set format should really allow him that.

As to your other question, I'd like to keep you guessing. :p
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #98 on: June 25, 2012, 06:03 PM »

Have you seen the draw for Ferrer. 

1. Distin Brown  142 then De Scheeper 160 or Bachinger 110

Easy or what compared to the others.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #99 on: June 25, 2012, 06:05 PM »

1. Distin Brown  142 then De Scheeper 160 or Bachinger 110

Wow - I hadn't registered that one - lucky Ferrer!
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #100 on: June 25, 2012, 06:08 PM »

1. Distin Brown  142 then De Scheeper 160 or Bachinger 110

. Oh it's so unfair, why dosnt Andy ever get that!!!!  shocking
IP Logged
PaulosDeKathos

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #101 on: June 25, 2012, 06:14 PM »

Hey,

May have missed this already.

I know he plays tomorrow, but do we know what time yet and which court?

thanks

Paul(first time posting)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #102 on: June 25, 2012, 06:21 PM »

Welcome Paul - don't think the OOP for tomorrow is out yet.
IP Logged
PaulosDeKathos

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #103 on: June 25, 2012, 06:26 PM »

Okdoky, thought that might be the case, as I have looked everywhere!  Thanks for the welcome and sorry for the silly question!

:-)
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray faces tricky Wimbledon draw « Reply #104 on: June 25, 2012, 06:30 PM »

You can be sure someone will post it on here as soon as it is up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »