Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray falls at final hurdle again 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray falls at final hurdle again

(Read 8106 times)
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #255 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58 PM »

ESPN are saying Andy is playing Rotterdam starting Monday! Does anyone know if this is right or wrong?

He'll pull out. Don't expect to see him before Indian Wells in March.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #256 on: February 04, 2011, 01:58 PM »

Well i'm neither a web designer or live in Melbourne!! Whistle

OK, well PM me your address and you're welcome to borrow the DVD.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #257 on: February 04, 2011, 02:31 PM »

I think we should take into account1) the conditions favoured Nole, 2) Nole had had two days rest 3) Andy had played a real dog fight with Ferrer in his semis 4) Nole had had a comparatively quick and easy match against a none too good Fed.
5) Andy seemed exhausted, Nole was as bright as a button!
Now, I'm not taking anything away from Nole's victory. He was in fine form and more than likely would've won anyway. But what I am saying is that there were some mitigating circumstances for Andy's poor form. Also, I do know that if Andy isn't feeling 100% physically, his game goes right off. His game is so dependant on good movement.
BTW this doesn't mean I don't think he has issues which need addressing. I'd love to see him happier on court Smile
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #258 on: February 04, 2011, 02:34 PM »

He'll pull out. Don't expect to see him before Indian Wells in March.

This article says he'll play, but it gives no source or quote for the information. I suspect it's been written cos he hasn't yet pulled out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/8302770/Andy-Murray-to-make-swift-return-in-Rotterdam.html
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #259 on: February 04, 2011, 02:41 PM »

I may be wrong, but don't the players need four 500 events in their rankings each year? If he doesn't play Rotterdam (nor Dubai if he's going to stay away until Indian Wells) then how will he make up the points elsewhere? Think
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #260 on: February 04, 2011, 03:01 PM »

I may be wrong, but don't the players need four 500 events in their rankings each year? If he doesn't play Rotterdam (nor Dubai if he's going to stay away until Indian Wells) then how will he make up the points elsewhere? Think
Monte Carlo counts as a 500 even though it's basically a 1000 event. He would probably also enter Beijing and Valencia later in the year but then that would leave him needing another 500 event...
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #261 on: February 04, 2011, 03:24 PM »

This article says he'll play, but it gives no source or quote for the information. I suspect it's been written cos he hasn't yet pulled out.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/sport/tennis/andymurray/8302770/Andy-Murray-to-make-swift-return-in-Rotterdam.html

and this

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/9387018.stm
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #262 on: February 04, 2011, 03:44 PM »

Looks like it's 'game on' then. Yeaaaaah!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #263 on: February 04, 2011, 05:09 PM »

They don't really say anything new and must say, I'd be surprised. Think
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #264 on: February 05, 2011, 09:06 AM »

But back to Andy, sometimes I think he is another Agassi who in his book admits he actually didnt like playing tennis, did it because he was brought up playing and was good at it. Who knows?
I disagree with that because in the book that Andy did write he never once mentions being forced into learning to play tennis.  Also, when he was 15 he was sufficiently good at football for Rangers to invite him to join their training team, and it seems that that was "make your mind up time", and Andy chose tennis, which he says he has never regretted.

One thing that has sometimes struck me when posting on MW, is that Andy and the rest of his class were approaching the gym at Dunblane Primary School when Thomas Hamilton let rip with his gun and killed a teacher and 16 children, and seriously injured several others leaving some of them incapacitated for life.

Goodness knows what other talent might have been snuffed out that day, but the truth is that had Andy's class arrived at the gym a minute or so earlier, then not only might we not be having these conversations now, but Britain would have been deprived of a great tennis player.  Of course, what you've never had you won't miss, but I reckon that that fact's worth bearing in mind.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #265 on: February 05, 2011, 09:12 AM »

I disagree with that because in the book that Andy did write he never once mentions being forced into learning to play tennis.  Also, when he was 15 he was sufficiently good at football for Rangers to invite him to join their training team, and it seems that that was "make your mind up time", and Andy chose tennis, which he says he has never regretted.

One thing that has sometimes struck me when posting on MW, is that Andy and the rest of his class were approaching the gym at Dunblane Primary School when Thomas Hamilton let rip with his gun and killed a teacher and 16 children, and seriously injured several others leaving some of them incapacitated for life.

Goodness knows what other talent might have been snuffed out that day, but the truth is that had Andy's class arrived at the gym a minute or so earlier, then not only might we not be having these conversations now, but Britain would have been deprived of a great tennis player.  Of course, what you've never had you won't miss, but I reckon that that fact's worth bearing in mind.
Great post Aileen and I'll have to get that book!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #266 on: February 05, 2011, 09:15 AM »

Aileen I just want to add......how much I appreciate all the links you post. I would never get to see that stuff otherwise. So thanks!
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #267 on: February 05, 2011, 09:38 AM »

Caz, Aileen is a great researcher  hug  and always finds really interesting items ... 
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #268 on: February 05, 2011, 09:57 AM »

Caz, Aileen is a great researcher  hug  and always finds really interesting items ... 
Yes, she's pure gold! I've got to say Daisy, you sound like a great cook! I've only seen a small part of the recipe thread,but, I plan to read the whole thing when I have time!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls at final hurdle again « Reply #269 on: February 05, 2011, 11:21 AM »

Great post Aileen and I'll have to get that book!
I wouldn't bother.  It really isn't worth reading - and even Andy has admitted that he was a bit premature to rush into an autobiography.  Have to say yawn-time came on very quickly!

Many thanks for the compliments though from you and Daisy. grouphug  However, not only do I enjoy doing research, but I'm retired and my lifestyle is such that I have the time to hunt around for articles, etc. Smile
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 15 16 17 [18] 19 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »