Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray falls to the little Spanish beast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray falls to the little Spanish beast

(Read 3944 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #15 on: June 06, 2012, 10:41 PM »

Still, a decent tournament on his worst surface. On to grass where he'll no doubt fall just short once again.

Anyone else starting to feel that watching Murray is becoming a little sad, inevitable and predictable?

I can predict the rest of the season - a Masters title, a decent run of two 250 wins in the autumn and a semi-final spot at Wimbledon and the US.

Sorry, folks. Just the way I feel. I can't see a way forward in the slams.
IP Logged
Adrian
Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #16 on: June 06, 2012, 10:49 PM »

The next three Months are pivotal for Andy. Will he win Wimbeldon or The U.S. Open ? or will he come up just short yet again.
IP Logged
Iris
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #17 on: June 06, 2012, 10:53 PM »

Still a work in progress folks, lets not get downhearted.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #18 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57 PM »

Still a work in progress folks, lets not get downhearted.
I agree Iris.  That Andy got to the QF, given his back problems, is to be commended not berated.  I'd rather see him go out now than have had to play another match on this surface - and against Nadal at that.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #19 on: June 06, 2012, 10:57 PM »

What Andy says:

"I went for my shots. If I hadn't done, I would have got criticised for that. If I do go for my shots, then I get criticised for making mistakes. I played the way that I thought was best to win the match. I don't think it was down to a psychological thing because I went for it. It was down to poor execution."

But will he play at Queens? Think

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/06/andy-murray-queens?newsfeed=true

IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #20 on: June 06, 2012, 11:00 PM »

Definitely a work in progress.  Andy knew tonight that he couldn't beat Ferrer on clay with his usual game so he came out all guns blazing. Some shots were brilliant, too many missed the mark but the positive is that he continued to play aggressively.  A pity that he didn't win that last service game and make Ferrer serve it out but hey-ho - he could so easily have gone out in the second round.  Am I disappointed that he didn't make the semis - perhaps.  Am I disappointed that he doesn't have to face Rafa on Friday - definitely not.  Personally, I'd far rather he came home, re-grouped and got ready for Wimbledon.
[ Last edit by Alis June 06, 2012, 11:32 PM ] IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #21 on: June 06, 2012, 11:07 PM »

poor Andy , criticized no matter what he does
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #22 on: June 06, 2012, 11:09 PM »

What Andy says:

"I went for my shots. If I hadn't done, I would have got criticised for that. If I do go for my shots, then I get criticised for making mistakes. I played the way that I thought was best to win the match. I don't think it was down to a psychological thing because I went for it. It was down to poor execution."

But will he play at Queens? Think

http://www.guardian.co.uk/sport/2012/jun/06/andy-murray-queens?newsfeed=true

If he doesn't play at Queens, how's he going to prepare for Wimbledon?  Hopefully he might see things more clearly after a few days' rest.  To be honest I'll be surprised if he doesn't play.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #23 on: June 06, 2012, 11:11 PM »

poor Andy , criticized no matter what he does
We still in for Rogers Cup?
I got a call from them today trying to sell me a package but I didn't bite.
If there's no Andy.. there's no scotnadian.
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #24 on: June 06, 2012, 11:14 PM »

haha I got a call too , and they asked me what my fav rogers cup memory was ... told the guy I had not had it yet , and he asked me what it was . When I said seeing Andy Murray , he laughed. He tried to sell me tickets too . Did he tell you that the top 16 get a bye into rd 2 because of olympics ??? 

I told the guy to call me after the draw is made  Smile
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #25 on: June 06, 2012, 11:15 PM »

I took his name and number and said I would call him after the Olympics Smile
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #26 on: June 06, 2012, 11:22 PM »

if you go when I go we will meet up for a drink
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #27 on: June 06, 2012, 11:31 PM »

You bet!
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #28 on: June 06, 2012, 11:35 PM »

Onwards and forwards to the grass and US Open hardcourt stretch where we'll see a revitalised Andy. If he meets Ferrer again, the outcome will be different.

David is too consistent and very difficult to hit through on clay, that is no surprise but although it was disappointing to see Andy failing to maintain his GS SF run, hopefully he gets 2 more legitimate chances in the remaining 2 slams.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #29 on: June 07, 2012, 12:01 AM »

A mix of slice, exaggerated topspin and variations in pace would have got the job done today.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »