Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray falls to the little Spanish beast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray falls to the little Spanish beast

(Read 4447 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #90 on: June 07, 2012, 02:10 PM »

[email protected] Very cheering thumb up
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #91 on: June 07, 2012, 02:12 PM »

Fantastic post MM, couldn't have put it better myself. Andy I'm very proud of you, you are a credit to your fans, to Scotland/Britain , and most of all to you and your family. Just try to relax and enjoy your tennis -the wonderful gift that God  has given you, as much as we enjoy watching you. It will happen when you least expect it . Please believe it because we your loyal fans do. Looking forward to the rest of the season. Good luck Andy and most importantly good health.
IP Logged
RositaK
Junior

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #92 on: June 07, 2012, 02:25 PM »

I think considering his back problem he did very well to get to the 1/4 final. His match against Gasquet was amazing. I'm not disappointed in him at all. Sad, yes, because I'd have loved him to get to the semi but now he can rest a little bit. I only care that he's fit enough for Wimbly and Olympics.
IP Logged
The Oracle

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #93 on: June 07, 2012, 02:43 PM »

Interesting watching the post-mortem on itv.  Andy himself said he didn't use the slice because in his experience of playing against and practizing with df it doesn't work that well unless perfectly executed.  So it's clearly something he's thought about and must have felt he wasn't able perfectly to execute yesterday.
Jim C and Sam Smith both very positive about Andy. Sam thinks he's playing better clay court tennis than last year even though he didn't go so far this year - after all he had a much easier draw last year.  Jim thinks it's nonsense to write off his gs chances. 
Am surprised that Andy is saying he needs to get fitter because he got out of breath after the long rallies.  Hope he doesn't overdo the training.
I thought Jonathan Overend's blog was a very fair read:
http://www.bbc.co.uk/blogs/jonathanoverend/2012/06/prophetic_murray_accepts_he_is.html

Oh and welcome oracle. An interesting post but I fear this is a topic we've done to death on MW in the past!  My hope is that Lendl can help on the psychological side because he's gone through it himself and found a way to deal with it.
Possibly done to death in the past but in the here and now it is most definitely the one aspect that is being ignored by most comments on this site. Most comments are about what can tangibly be witnessed by watching Andy and his external challenges. Nothing much at all about the stuff that requires more of a intuitive analysis - mentality.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #94 on: June 07, 2012, 03:53 PM »

Totally agree with you MurrayMagic - well said!

GC - I just don't understand why you think you could devise a better game plan for Andy from the comfort of your sofa than Andy himself who has played Ferrer over and over again both in match play and in practice and that's without the added input of Lendl and the rest of his back up team.
[ Last edit by Alis June 07, 2012, 04:00 PM ] IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #95 on: June 07, 2012, 04:29 PM »

Interesting watching the post-mortem on itv.  Andy himself said he didn't use the slice because in his experience of playing against and practizing with df it doesn't work that well unless perfectly executed.  So it's clearly something he's thought about and must have felt he wasn't able perfectly to execute yesterday.

Thanks for this Ruthie. So many people seem to know just what it is that Andy needs to do, it's good to hear him saying it's not that simple.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #96 on: June 07, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Great to read you mail. Andy was playing against the 2nd best player on clay. he did so well. I actually think the lendl parternship is working, it always takes many months. He also had a back injury but to get to the semis last year he did have an easy draw. This year different.
lets us all look forward to the coming months. it may not be this year that murray wins a Salem but he will, but he has to believe this himself.
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #97 on: June 07, 2012, 08:16 PM »

As far as the psychological side of things go, Lendl and Andy have to be used to one another feel happy and be able to communicate which sounds as if this is happening.  Andy will find his own way of of sorting this out. This is not simple and we must support him.
IP Logged
tamila
Challenger Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #98 on: June 07, 2012, 08:44 PM »

In my other posts I forgot to mention that Andy himself said he has been taking medication for the back problem.  This could, of course, easily affect his performance and perhaps make him breathless.  I have to take painkillers sometimes and find that they do hamper you.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #99 on: June 07, 2012, 10:36 PM »

Sorry if this has been said but I got fed up with all the negativity by page 5 I stopped reading.  Andy said himself he's  criticised if he does and if he doesn't. We all knew there would be an adjustment period when Lendl came on board and 12 months ago everyone was screaming be more aggressive he does it and guess what we criticise. Who's right here Andy me thinks. Considering I was screaming for him to retire last week I am proud of him for both getting to the qtrs and for being prepared to go for it. Ok it didn't work. (this time).  I for one am still a believer. Anyone out there with me?
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #100 on: June 07, 2012, 10:52 PM »

Andy will play Queens but.....didn't Djokovic win Wimby last year with no warm up grass event - so why can't Andy? Just use the 1st couple of rounds as warm up.
That would depend on who Andy played in the first two rounds - and R1 is notoriously wobbly for him anyway.

I heard a video on BBC Scotland where Andy says he thinks he should be getting fitter for Wimbly because he admits that Ferrer finally out-ran him.  I expect the back problem hindered some of his training for a while.
[ Last edit by Aileen June 07, 2012, 10:58 PM ] IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #101 on: June 07, 2012, 11:25 PM »

Sexy lingerie makes the world go round. It can add zest and passion to an otherwise stale and drab relationship. A little teasing never hurt anybody. For couples it can stimulate. For women who love to just bare it can be confidence boosting. Whatever your reasons, fuscia has all the solutions. You can buy sexy lingerie online at fuscia. The site has a complete line up of all designs and styles of lingerie imaginable.     

Fuscia sells online sexy lingerie which will provoke a man to take a longer look than necessary at you. The site has everything interesting women of all body types go for. From babydolls, basques, bustiers, camisoles and chemise the store has just about anything for passionate ladies to drive men crazy. It would not take much to get one for yourself. You can always buy sexy lingerie online. Whatever suits your fantasy, fuscia has it.     

There is a spectacular range of lingerie at fuscia. Sexy and teasing, plus size and petite skimpy bridal bra sets, tights, stockings and the ever reliable teddies. At fuscia, sexy underwear is not a monopoly of women. It also has quality menswear for the man of your choice. Both of you can be equally alluring and hot.   

The exciting collection is all made bigger by fantastic colours and sizes. The online shop has added to its sexy assortment the bridal lingerie section. The first night after the wedding is never the same again. Fuscia has more to offer as can be gleaned from its diverse collection of fine lingerie aside from the bridal lingerie beckoning for playful activity.     

Fuscia has fine lingerie and still more. The store is recognised for its Wild Design lingerie range which can knock out even the most fertile imagination. The designs range from the classics to futuristic fashion styles. Fuscia makes it a point to provide a variety of fashionable lines to fit in to any woman or mans lifestyle and preference.     

The sexy lingerie, g-strings, thongs, bras at fuscia would also make very romantic gifts. It can be flattering for any woman to be the recipient of such fine and passionate wears. The gifts can weave hot stories for the exotic woman. It makes a woman wanted and desired. There is an air of belonging pervading the atmosphere when a woman receives sexy lingerie for a gift.     

Fuscia provides specials and discounted items for that special occasion. The store tries as much to adjust pricing according to your budget. It is always the customer that comes first to the company. Everything is devised in consideration of the buying public who buy sexy lingerie on line. From shipping and returns to conditions of use to notifications and other services, consideration for the customers is always first.     

To buy sexy lingerie online can be as easy as wearing them. When you visit the site click on the image of the lingerie you have picked. Then details will follow on how to go about buying the lingerie. For shipping and returns your special specifications as to how the items should be packed is most welcome. Fuscia will always give consideration to customers requirements and needs. If you want them gift wrapped it can be done and this can be considered a bonus. The delivery is free of charge.

I disagree. I thought Murray served poorly.
IP Logged
Geo
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #102 on: June 07, 2012, 11:48 PM »

Sexy lingerie makes the world go round. It can add zest and passion to an otherwise stale and drab relationship. A little teasing never hurt anybody. For couples it can stimulate. For women who love to just bare it can be confidence boosting. Whatever your reasons, fuscia has all the solutions. You can buy sexy lingerie online at fuscia. The site has a complete line up of all designs and styles of lingerie imaginable.     

Fuscia sells online sexy lingerie which will provoke a man to take a longer look than necessary at you. The site has everything interesting women of all body types go for. From babydolls, basques, bustiers, camisoles and chemise the store has just about anything for passionate ladies to drive men crazy. It would not take much to get one for yourself. You can always buy sexy lingerie online. Whatever suits your fantasy, fuscia has it.     

There is a spectacular range of lingerie at fuscia. Sexy and teasing, plus size and petite skimpy bridal bra sets, tights, stockings and the ever reliable teddies. At fuscia, sexy underwear is not a monopoly of women. It also has quality menswear for the man of your choice. Both of you can be equally alluring and hot.   

The exciting collection is all made bigger by fantastic colours and sizes. The online shop has added to its sexy assortment the bridal lingerie section. The first night after the wedding is never the same again. Fuscia has more to offer as can be gleaned from its diverse collection of fine lingerie aside from the bridal lingerie beckoning for playful activity.     

Fuscia has fine lingerie and still more. The store is recognised for its Wild Design lingerie range which can knock out even the most fertile imagination. The designs range from the classics to futuristic fashion styles. Fuscia makes it a point to provide a variety of fashionable lines to fit in to any woman or mans lifestyle and preference.     

The sexy lingerie, g-strings, thongs, bras at fuscia would also make very romantic gifts. It can be flattering for any woman to be the recipient of such fine and passionate wears. The gifts can weave hot stories for the exotic woman. It makes a woman wanted and desired. There is an air of belonging pervading the atmosphere when a woman receives sexy lingerie for a gift.     

Fuscia provides specials and discounted items for that special occasion. The store tries as much to adjust pricing according to your budget. It is always the customer that comes first to the company. Everything is devised in consideration of the buying public who buy sexy lingerie on line. From shipping and returns to conditions of use to notifications and other services, consideration for the customers is always first.     

To buy sexy lingerie online can be as easy as wearing them. When you visit the site click on the image of the lingerie you have picked. Then details will follow on how to go about buying the lingerie. For shipping and returns your special specifications as to how the items should be packed is most welcome. Fuscia will always give consideration to customers requirements and needs. If you want them gift wrapped it can be done and this can be considered a bonus. The delivery is free of charge.

The Adidas clothing range that Andy wears is now a t-shirt, shorts, and a babydoll.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #103 on: June 08, 2012, 12:24 AM »

The Adidas clothing range that Andy wears is now a t-shirt, shorts, and a babydoll.

Brilliant.  clap clap
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #104 on: June 08, 2012, 10:22 AM »

Sorry if this has been said but I got fed up with all the negativity by page 5 I stopped reading.  Andy said himself he's  criticised if he does and if he doesn't. We all knew there would be an adjustment period when Lendl came on board and 12 months ago everyone was screaming be more aggressive he does it and guess what we criticise. Who's right here Andy me thinks. Considering I was screaming for him to retire last week I am proud of him for both getting to the qtrs and for being prepared to go for it. Ok it didn't work. (this time).  I for one am still a believer. Anyone out there with me?

I, for one, am definitely still a believer, Tessie.  I'm sure that at one of these GS tournaments everything will fall into place for Andy and we will see our boy lift that trophy - hopefully, the first of many.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 4 5 6 [7] 8 9 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »