Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray falls to the little Spanish beast 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray falls to the little Spanish beast

(Read 4353 times)
cadzow
Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #120 on: June 09, 2012, 07:34 AM »

He moves like an old man with arthritis and lacks the killer instinct. Compare the start of a match to the way Rafa approaches a match Until Murray can get the fire in his belly and control his emotions, he will never win a Grand Slam.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #121 on: June 09, 2012, 07:51 AM »

He moves like an old man with arthritis and lacks the killer instinct. Compare the start of a match to the way Rafa approaches a match Until Murray can get the fire in his belly and control his emotions, he will never win a Grand Slam.

Speak to the hand
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #122 on: June 09, 2012, 07:54 AM »

Really! confused :Must be watching on a different planet.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #123 on: June 09, 2012, 07:59 AM »

michelle, you've got to just laugh sometimes, otherwise you would cry hug
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #124 on: June 09, 2012, 10:00 AM »

I will always support Andy, through thick and thin.  He is a special talent, a flawed genius who I would love to see achieve what his hard work deserves.  I love watching him compete, okay the lows are low, but the highs tend to be pretty spectacular, remember that match at Queens when he dismantled Andy Roddick with a display of tennis that was spectacular.  He is a genuine bloke, who wears his heart on his sleeve, his humility is real (take note Rafa), he has no arrogance ( take note Fed).  He has done wonders to raise the profile of British tennis (take note LTA) and there is never a more true saying than "you don't know what you've got till it's gone" and I reckon there will be a lot of people, when Andy finally hangs up his rackets, who will then feel the void in British tennis.

Finally, I love his fight, spirit and his "bloody mindedness" cos that is what has got him to where he is. 

I love this post, Murray Magic.
`Flawed genius' indeed.  I described him to someone the other day (who was Murray-bashing), as a `tortured genius'.  No matter - genius he is, probably more naturally talented than any other tennis player, and that's what is so frustrating.  But if only the media, the British public et al would get behind him, I believe it would make a massive difference.
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #125 on: June 09, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Sorry if this has been said but I got fed up with all the negativity by page 5 I stopped reading.  Andy said himself he's  criticised if he does and if he doesn't. We all knew there would be an adjustment period when Lendl came on board and 12 months ago everyone was screaming be more aggressive he does it and guess what we criticise. Who's right here Andy me thinks. Considering I was screaming for him to retire last week I am proud of him for both getting to the qtrs and for being prepared to go for it. Ok it didn't work. (this time).  I for one am still a believer. Anyone out there with me?
I'm a believer too Tessie. And you should read page 5,6,7 - especially MMs post.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #126 on: June 09, 2012, 12:59 PM »

And me. I am not sure that he will manage a GS. I hope he does for his sake, not to mention the fact that if he did become Britains first GS tennis player  in about 80 years the powers that be would probably want to knight him. This I feel would be a really satisfying way of getting back at his many detractors.  Regardless on a good day he is an inspired tennis player, and a complex, fascinating character. If all I wanted was relentless GS victories, arrogance and boring tennis I would follow one of the "robots". He still makes me bang my head against the wall mind you, but better a functioning human being than a completely mechanical tennis machine. What you see is what you get with Murray. The exciting and frustrating bit is you can't predict from day to day or match to match what or who will walk onto the court wearing his face. Keep the faith.....
  I actually couldn't give a stuff if he never got a gong, the trophies are the prize. There's nothing worse in my opinion than the establishment trying to buy into the success of self-made men and women. I like to think Andy feels the same, but maybe not.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #127 on: June 09, 2012, 01:31 PM »

... As for the forehand, apparently, according to Courier, that's what Andy and Lendl spend most of their time together working on and lately we have indeed  seen a few mighty ripping forehands. As Andy works on it and tries it out as he did against Ferrer, we are going to see a higher UE count than we normally expect from Andy. He is literally changing his game in front of our eyes. How brave is that?
Forehand + consistency = slam  yay
Thanks for the encouraging info.  Unfortunately I didn't get the chance to watch all Andy's matches at RG.  Yes, things will take time to sort themselves out and probably good that Andy was trying out things on a surface he's not expected to do well on.  Onwards and upwards on grass and clay!!
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #128 on: June 09, 2012, 02:16 PM »

Really! I just wish the best for Andy. Whether or not he is to win a Slam, he will remain a superb tennis player.
IP Logged
jillypops

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #129 on: June 09, 2012, 02:24 PM »

After reading all the posts I felt I must put in my two pennyworth
I honestly think after watching the semi finals at RG that Novak and Rafa are a class apart from the other players, especially on clay,I think this is the problem Andy has playing in an era with the likes of Rafa and Novak, I just hope Andy does one day win a GS but if he doesn't , he still will remain the best British player we have had since FP  and we should all be proud of him.
When you think Berydch, Tsonga, and Ferrer all in the top 10 have not even got near to winning a GS
IP Logged
reef
Junior

coral reef

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #130 on: June 09, 2012, 02:47 PM »

After reading all the posts I felt I must put in my two pennyworth
I honestly think after watching the semi finals at RG that Novak and Rafa are a class apart from the other players, especially on clay,I think this is the problem Andy has playing in an era with the likes of Rafa and Novak, I just hope Andy does one day win a GS but if he doesn't , he still will remain the best British player we have had since FP  and we should all be proud of him.
When you think Berydch, Tsonga, and Ferrer all in the top 10 have not even got near to winning a GS

Good points - nevertheless if Andy doesn't win a GS, I would feel his disappointment.  It clearly means so much to him.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #131 on: June 09, 2012, 02:47 PM »

I tend to agree, there have been several occasions when Novak has appeared to me to be verging on the supernatural with his skill and his luck, not so sure about Rafa though - he is definitely vulnerable away from clay.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #132 on: June 09, 2012, 04:18 PM »

Don't think it's "luck" for Nole. Think it's sheer bloody minded refusal to lose clap
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #133 on: June 09, 2012, 08:30 PM »

I quite agree these ex players should shut up. Petchy never reached the heights of murray but behind the TV lens he thinks he knows it. i know he coached Andy for awaile but let it be,
Andy is improving by the minute,it will all click, before we know it. Have faith, Lendl would not have taken on the job, that i know.
IP Logged
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray falls to the little Spanish beast « Reply #134 on: June 09, 2012, 10:07 PM »

I didn't catch the SF between Rafa and David but am sure if Andy had got through, he would have given Nadal a better game.

Let's see how Ferrer matches up to Andy next time on HC or grass.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »