Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray fells the giant 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray fells the giant  (Read 2876 times)
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #60 on: June 29, 2012, 05:16 PM »

I agree, Aileen but you can bet your life if Andy were to get to the final all his detractors would say he only got there because Nadal was knocked out early.
IP Logged
deb
ATP Level

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #61 on: June 29, 2012, 06:09 PM »

I agree, Aileen but you can bet your life if Andy were to get to the final all his detractors would say he only got there because Nadal was knocked out early.
.  That's right Alis I can hear it already!! Andy has some tough matches to go he has the toughest draw , but we no Andy will be doing his best.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #62 on: June 30, 2012, 09:07 AM »

Nice write up:
http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/2012/06/vn.html
But my word this foot fault business has certainly given the haters opportunity to hate. shocking
Of course they'll use it to devalue any wins. Perhaps Wimbledon should publish footage quickly, though I don't know what'll happen if Ivo is right.
Only hope Andy isn't knocked off his stride a bit Fingers crossed
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #63 on: June 30, 2012, 10:17 AM »

Nice write up:
http://blogs.tennis.com/tennisworld/2012/06/vn.html
But my word this foot fault business has certainly given the haters opportunity to hate. shocking
Of course they'll use it to devalue any wins. Perhaps Wimbledon should publish footage quickly, though I don't know what'll happen if Ivo is right.
Only hope Andy isn't knocked off his stride a bit Fingers crossed
If Andy has a brain (which he has) he'll have put this episode behind him right away. Surely he doesnt read the gutter press articles?

Andy had no part in this, the line judges decisions, unless of course he has bribed them all, plus the officials who set the match schedules.
He has no reason to concern himself about this.

I must say though that there are varying qualities in the way we humans execute our duties. No doubt, some are more competent than others. Surely this can be the case here?
Maybe the person in question was not up to the job (?), but for that person to deliberately and repeatedly make false Footfault calls is absurd.
Knowing that such a (bias) act could be uncovered and thus would definately be looked into officially.
They would be an absolute idiot to do something so blazen, knowing it would lead to disgrace and a ban from tennis courts in future.
[ Last edit by lashurst June 30, 2012, 10:23 AM ] IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #64 on: June 30, 2012, 12:26 PM »

Maybe the person in question was not up to the job (?), but for that person to deliberately and repeatedly make false Footfault calls is absurd.
Knowing that such a (bias) act could be uncovered and thus would definately be looked into officially.
They would be an absolute idiot to do something so blazen, knowing it would lead to disgrace and a ban from tennis courts in future.
   I understand that more than one judge was involved, which makes it even more unlikely confused
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #65 on: June 30, 2012, 03:31 PM »

Andy had no part in this, the line judges decisions, unless of course he has bribed them all, plus the officials who set the match schedules.
And please don't forget the shameful part the BBC played in this by only replaying one of said foot faults in their coverage of the match, thereby concealing the evidence that a conspiracy was going on.  Of course Andy is so unsure of his abilities as a tennis player that palms have to be greased in order to allow him to win matches on Wimbledon's hallowed turf!
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #66 on: June 30, 2012, 06:15 PM »

Well it's not our Andy's fault that the giant can't keep control of his feet which happen to be the size of canal barges! [He gets his shoes made in a shipyard!]
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #67 on: July 23, 2012, 06:28 PM »

Hi All,

The Karlovic match was scary, although in retrospect I'm not sure whether I lost my marbles watching that one, the Ferrer match or the final. Either way I'm not sure I've fully recovered. I might be in the asylum after the Olympics at this rate!

Interestingly, John Lloyd went in to print to say that Karlovic ought to be fined for what he said about the officials. It does come under the category of bringing the game in to disrepute. The stupid thing was that first Karlovic said it was 11 foot faults, then he said 9. The actual number was apparently nearer 7. I should say that I thought Andy was diplomatic about the issue. I'm glad he didn't allow himself to get dragged in to it too much. I have to say as well that I'm not convinced it would have been the BBC's place to get in to it too much. Sure, if they had been asked to provide video evidence that is one thing, but I think to actively volunteer it could have made them look biased one way or another.

I just thought the Karlovic match was weird because it wasn't Andy's usual style. On balance I prefer his finesse game, that lovely mix of power and touch that he has, but this one was very much one of those matches you have to get through, and he did.

At that point in the tournament it really did feel like everyone was lining up to have a go at Andy. It made me fume. Still, I suppose he was vindicated by doing so well.

IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray fells the giant « Reply #68 on: July 24, 2012, 01:17 AM »

Hi All,

The Karlovic match was scary, although in retrospect I'm not sure whether I lost my marbles watching that one, the Ferrer match or the final. Either way I'm not sure I've fully recovered. I might be in the asylum after the Olympics at this rate!

Interestingly, John Lloyd went in to print to say that Karlovic ought to be fined for what he said about the officials. It does come under the category of bringing the game in to disrepute. The stupid thing was that first Karlovic said it was 11 foot faults, then he said 9. The actual number was apparently nearer 7. I should say that I thought Andy was diplomatic about the issue. I'm glad he didn't allow himself to get dragged in to it too much. I have to say as well that I'm not convinced it would have been the BBC's place to get in to it too much. Sure, if they had been asked to provide video evidence that is one thing, but I think to actively volunteer it could have made them look biased one way or another.

I just thought the Karlovic match was weird because it wasn't Andy's usual style. On balance I prefer his finesse game, that lovely mix of power and touch that he has, but this one was very much one of those matches you have to get through, and he did.

At that point in the tournament it really did feel like everyone was lining up to have a go at Andy. It made me fume. Still, I suppose he was vindicated by doing so well.
For the avoidance of doubt, the comment I made about the BBC was sarcasm.  They, and Andy, did the right thing by keeping their distance from Karlovic's questionable complaints.  I'd be interested to know if Karlovic did in fact lodge an official complaint - but my feeling is that he didn't and that his threat to do so was pure bluster.

It wasn't a pretty match to watch, I agree, but as Andy said - "It's so challenging getting into a rhythm against a guy like that. Tie-breaks can be a lottery against him - you need to get your racquet on the returns and hope he makes a mistake. I thought I returned well today - I didn't get aced too many times today, and I tried to make him play as many shots as possible. I was hitting the ball fairly cleanly on my forehand and I came up with some good passing shots at the right time, and that got me through it."
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply