Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener

(Read 1226 times)
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #30 on: June 22, 2011, 01:04 AM »

Good read, James.  Well done, Andy!!! Carry on carrying 0n.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #31 on: June 22, 2011, 06:25 AM »

Gosh beeb didn't even mention Cilic was out in today at W.  Wonder why Andy not on centre when rain forecast?
Yes Ruthie, I had the same thought! I bet none of the other 'top players' would be relegated to a 'lesser' court if they were playing a GS in their own country!
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #32 on: June 22, 2011, 11:27 AM »

Yes Ruthie, I had the same thought! I bet none of the other 'top players' would be relegated to a 'lesser' court if they were playing a GS in their own country!

Maybe deep down they really don't want Andy to win Wimbledon Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #33 on: June 22, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Maybe deep down they really don't want Andy to win Wimbledon Eyebrow raise.

all this reveals is the paranoia of some of Andy's fans, not anything about the organisers views and feelings towards Murray. I watched Federer play on Court 1 last year because they decided to move the players around a bit in the first week. Same is applying this year. Lets not get into some conspiracy theory about how the the British Lawn Tennis Association is anti-Murray and just go with the fact that Andy is not being singled out for any more positive or negative treatment than any other player.
And personally, if Murray can't cope with the difference between two courts and potential rain delays; as some seem to be suggesting by saying that making him play on Court 1 is a disadvantage to him, then he doesn't deserve to win the title Shrug He plays week in week out on different surfaces and courts, I think he can manage the change between CC and Court1
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #34 on: June 22, 2011, 01:17 PM »

all this reveals is the paranoia of some of Andy's fans, not anything about the organisers views and feelings towards Murray. I watched Federer play on Court 1 last year because they decided to move the players around a bit in the first week. Same is applying this year. Lets not get into some conspiracy theory about how the the British Lawn Tennis Association is anti-Murray and just go with the fact that Andy is not being singled out for any more positive or negative treatment than any other player.
And personally, if Murray can't cope with the difference between two courts and potential rain delays; as some seem to be suggesting by saying that making him play on Court 1 is a disadvantage to him, then he doesn't deserve to win the title Shrug He plays week in week out on different surfaces and courts, I think he can manage the change between CC and Court1

I think the grumble is that he's probably going to be held up by rain delays on Court 1 today, not that he can't cope with the conditions over there. There's nothing wrong with a national association leaning towards their own players - I'd prefer them to do it here, I must admit.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #35 on: June 22, 2011, 01:27 PM »

I understand that all the top 4 will enjoy the experience of Court 1 (if they survive) at least once during the fortnight. This is therefore not an anti-Murray campaign but a decision of the committee to provide fairness all round.
IP Logged
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #36 on: June 22, 2011, 01:29 PM »

Thanks HB you have made that point before. Im pleased that you got to see him on 1 but that has no bearing on the fact that he should play every match on centre.  I dont think people are being paranoid. If it turns out that the other 3 play on court 1 that’s all well and good, but my point is that putting Andy on court 1 in the knowledge that it was certain to rain is at the very least short sighted. Can you really imagine any other slam doing this with a home player that is one of the favourites to win? Not in a million!

Also of course playing on 1 is a disadvantage, why would you suggest otherwise? He is going to get backed up, have to play on a different paced court without knowing when he is going to get on and he still wont have played on centre without the roof.

Im not suggesting that it is unfair for him to be on c1, but ffs lets throw him a bone and not schedule him to be on a court knowing that tennis may not actually get played.

Man up organisers, lets show a bit more partisanship for your only hope.
IP Logged
Apollo
Veteran

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #37 on: June 22, 2011, 05:19 PM »

Of course here in the US they will show Rafa instead of Murray....arghhh
IP Logged
iamabritt
World No 1

Re: Murray forced to Traverse tricky opener « Reply #38 on: June 22, 2011, 05:23 PM »

Of course here in the US they will show Rafa instead of Murray....arghhh
Say it aint so.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »