Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance

(Read 6141 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #465 on: July 06, 2011, 11:17 AM »

Never thought he'd forget for a minute! nah Thanks Bev!
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #466 on: July 06, 2011, 12:13 PM »

Poor Andy cant win no matter what he does.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #467 on: July 06, 2011, 02:01 PM »

Many matters have been put down to Djokovic's improved play since he lost to Federer in ATP finals last year. His speed, his aggressive play, his confidence, etc,etc.

How about adding another feature. He is using a heavy Head racquet. When he first changed from Wilson(?) in mid year, he was criticised for doing so. But now it has come good. Perhaps Andy should take an example from Dlokovic.

I am aware that Andy is using a Head racquet, but perhaps it is too light to help his required aggressive stance.

Anyone any thoughts? 
IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #468 on: July 06, 2011, 04:38 PM »

That's it then! All Andy needs to do is win the Davis Cup with Britain!

Let's all hold our breath.
lmao but hey whatever it takes Wink But how many years would it actually take to win the whole thing? Three? We're cutting our window of opportunity for Andy a bit close if it's three!

IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #469 on: July 06, 2011, 05:26 PM »

The end of 2013 is the earliest we could possibly win it...
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #470 on: July 06, 2011, 05:57 PM »

The end of 2013 is the earliest we could possibly win it...
I think that Andy can get confidence from what Nole has done, see that what he wants is possible and then do it his way.  Nole, had terrible problems breathing, and his confidence was down, and I remember when he changed racquets what a time he had, till he mastered that racquet.  So if Andy and he are friends indeed, this should all help Andy immensibly.  Somehow I do not think it will take till 2013.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #471 on: July 06, 2011, 06:05 PM »

I think that Andy can get confidence from what Nole has done, see that what he wants is possible and then do it his way.  Nole, had terrible problems breathing, and his confidence was down, and I remember when he changed racquets what a time he had, till he mastered that racquet.  So if Andy and he are friends indeed, this should all help Andy immensibly.  Somehow I do not think it will take till 2013.
I'm talking about the Davis Cup. Great Britian are currently in Euro/Africa zone group 2. To win the Davis Cup we would need to be in Group 1 next year (which hopefully we will) and then qualify for the world group for the next year (2013). Smile
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #472 on: July 06, 2011, 06:24 PM »

I knew you were talking about Davis Cup.  What I was saying was that Andy can draw from Nole's experience and use this experience to help pull himself together and get that confidence in himself.
IP Logged
Apollo
World No 1

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #473 on: July 06, 2011, 06:27 PM »

He Andy doesn't have to win Davis Cup for Britain, although that would be nice, he can do his own thing that will give him the confidence he needs.
IP Logged
Ghillie Dhu

crawl, don't talk and don't let your bum stick up

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #474 on: July 06, 2011, 10:00 PM »

Poor Andy cant win no matter what he does.

Could not agree more!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray frozen out by Nadal brilliance « Reply #475 on: July 07, 2011, 03:48 AM »

Many matters have been put down to Djokovic's improved play since he lost to Federer in ATP finals last year. His speed, his aggressive play, his confidence, etc,etc.

How about adding another feature. He is using a heavy Head racquet. When he first changed from Wilson(?) in mid year, he was criticised for doing so. But now it has come good. Perhaps Andy should take an example from Dlokovic.

I am aware that Andy is using a Head racquet, but perhaps it is too light to help his required aggressive stance.

Anyone any thoughts? 
I'd have thought that Andy would have considered this.  I don't imagine Head will tell him what to use since all that matters is that the racquet's theirs.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 29 30 31 [32] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »