Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray given tough but familiar draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray given tough but familiar draw

(Read 5112 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #195 on: August 31, 2011, 11:29 AM »

Well if AFT is   Weedman  perhaps that's how he copes with the roller coaster ride!   Whistle

HA HA  Ruthie  had not thought of that!! roflmao
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #196 on: August 31, 2011, 11:33 AM »

When Sampras won the USO in 90, his first slam, his parents were shopping in a department store. They happened to be in the TVs section just as Sampras was holding up the trophy.
wow didnt no that!! G.C.
[ Last edit by deb August 31, 2011, 12:18 PM ] IP Logged
blueberryhill
Veteran

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #197 on: August 31, 2011, 11:36 AM »

Alis: Andy does get preferential treatment at Wimbledon, never off Centre or 1, and that's only right and proper.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #198 on: August 31, 2011, 11:46 AM »

Alis: Andy does get preferential treatment at Wimbledon, never off Centre or 1, and that's only right and proper.

He was on Court 2 at one stage this year - without Hawkeye.  Even Johnny Mac questioned the wisdom of that.  Did we see Nadal and Federer on Number 2 - I don't think so!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #199 on: August 31, 2011, 11:56 AM »

HA HA  Ruthie  had not thought of that!! roflmao
Perhaps he could pass some round to help the rest of us cope!  w00t
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #200 on: August 31, 2011, 12:33 PM »

He was on Court 2 at one stage this year - without Hawkeye.  Even Johnny Mac questioned the wisdom of that.  Did we see Nadal and Federer on Number 2 - I don't think so!
Court 2 at Wimbledon does have Hawkeye (as well as court 3, I think). And also I can't remember Andy being put on there at Wimbledon. Think
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #201 on: August 31, 2011, 12:45 PM »

I think he was on Court no 1 as opposed to Centre Court.
IP Logged
Allan
Grand Slam Champion

It's 2013!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #202 on: August 31, 2011, 12:49 PM »

I think he was on Court no 1 as opposed to Centre Court.
2nd round match v Kamke.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #203 on: August 31, 2011, 01:45 PM »

He was on Court 2 at one stage this year - without Hawkeye.

no

Andy hasn't been on Court 2 at Wimbledon since defeating George Bastl in 2005.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #204 on: August 31, 2011, 02:02 PM »

no

Andy hasn't been on Court 2 at Wimbledon since defeating George Bastl in 2005.

OK I may have been wrong about Hawkeye but Andy was definitely on Court 2 - I think in his second round match.  It was on a day that rain was forecast and no-one could understand the logic of putting him out there when his match could be interrupted.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #205 on: August 31, 2011, 02:08 PM »

OK I may have been wrong about Hawkeye but Andy was definitely on Court 2 - I think in his second round match.  It was on a day that rain was forecast and no-one could understand the logic of putting him out there when his match could be interrupted.

That was Court 1, which has had Hawkeye since its introduction to Wimbledon in 2007.

As I said, Andy hasn't stepped foot outside CC or C1 since his R1 match in 2005.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #206 on: August 31, 2011, 02:20 PM »

That was Court 1, which has had Hawkeye since its introduction to Wimbledon in 2007.

As I said, Andy hasn't stepped foot outside CC or C1 since his R1 match in 2005.

I'm sure you're wrong about that one SirP - I'd stake my house on it - off to find the evidence!

Just might have to eat humble pie on this one - can't find any evidence to support my argument so maybe just another senior moment!  Mind you I still stand by my assertion that the Wimby organisers don't do Andy any favours!
[ Last edit by Alis August 31, 2011, 02:47 PM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #207 on: August 31, 2011, 02:32 PM »

Was he on court 2 at Queens?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #208 on: August 31, 2011, 03:12 PM »

I'm sure you're wrong about that one SirP - I'd stake my house on it - off to find the evidence!

Just might have to eat humble pie on this one - can't find any evidence to support my argument so maybe just another senior moment!  Mind you I still stand by my assertion that the Wimby organisers don't do Andy any favours!
Though actually the fact everyone was so surprised indicates that they normally do put him on CC.  Not that I'm wanting to stick up for the Wimby authorities but that did seem like something of an aberration and them wanting to be seen to be bending over backwards not to favour Andy, which even Johnnie Mac said was silly or words to that effect.
IP Logged
Sir Panda
Murraymaniac

Misunderstood genius.

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #209 on: August 31, 2011, 03:27 PM »

Just might have to eat humble pie on this one - can't find any evidence to support my argument so maybe just another senior moment!  Mind you I still stand by my assertion that the Wimby organisers don't do Andy any favours!

R1 - Gimeno-Traver - Centre Court (link)
R2 - Kamke - Court 1 (link)
R3 - Ljubicic - Centre Court (link)
R4 - Gasquet - Centre Court (link)
QF - Lopez - Centre Court (link)
SF - Nadal - Centre Court (link)

The Wimbledon schedulers gave Andy excellent treatment, with evening session matches against Gimeno-Traver, Kamke and Ljubicic to conserve energy for later rounds.

Was he on court 2 at Queens?

No chance, he would always be on centre court at Queens for singles.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »