Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray given tough but familiar draw 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray given tough but familiar draw

(Read 5151 times)
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #210 on: August 31, 2011, 03:29 PM »

Sorry Alis...but 'tis true....not on two...Wink
Big Hooha cos wasn't His Royal Highness put there?
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #211 on: August 31, 2011, 03:42 PM »

R1 - Gimeno-Traver - Centre Court (link)
R2 - Kamke - Court 1 (link)
R3 - Ljubicic - Centre Court (link)
R4 - Gasquet - Centre Court (link)
QF - Lopez - Centre Court (link)
SF - Nadal - Centre Court (link)

The Wimbledon schedulers gave Andy excellent treatment, with evening session matches against Gimeno-Traver, Kamke and Ljubicic to conserve energy for later rounds.

No chance, he would always be on centre court at Queens for singles.

O.K., O.K. - have to admit I was wrong SirP - humble pie duly eaten!  Although I suspect the reasoning behind putting Andy on in the evening was largely for the benefit of the TV scheduling rather than giving him extra time to recover!
IP Logged
Lurking
ATP Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #212 on: August 31, 2011, 04:56 PM »

He was scheduled to be on court 2 at queens this year.

He's always on the second/third courts at MS.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #213 on: August 31, 2011, 05:23 PM »

OK I may have been wrong about Hawkeye but Andy was definitely on Court 2 - I think in his second round match.  It was on a day that rain was forecast and no-one could understand the logic of putting him out there when his match could be interrupted.

It was court 1 as I had CC court tickets for that day and I was furious that I didn't see Andy.  I got Andy 'bloody' Roddick instead.
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #214 on: August 31, 2011, 05:26 PM »

R1 - Gimeno-Traver - Centre Court (link)
R2 - Kamke - Court 1 (link)
R3 - Ljubicic - Centre Court (link)
R4 - Gasquet - Centre Court (link)
QF - Lopez - Centre Court (link)
SF - Nadal - Centre Court (link)

The Wimbledon schedulers gave Andy excellent treatment, with evening session matches against Gimeno-Traver, Kamke and Ljubicic to conserve energy for later rounds.

Didn't they plan to put him on court 1 (or whatever their smaller court is called) at Queens?  The match against Cilic.  Then Cilic pulled out. Rafa got CC.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #215 on: August 31, 2011, 06:45 PM »

OSS you were right red top.
IP Logged
AFT
Junior

It's all in the game

Re: Murray given tough but familiar draw « Reply #216 on: August 31, 2011, 06:49 PM »

Well Deb Junior some mother's do ave em! I still don't see the point of watching a match when you know the result already. Andy would want all the support he could get whether our blood pressure was up or down. Don't we watch any sport for the thrill of it?  Perhaps he should try some clown tricks as the French duo do to gain more support and lower the blood pressure? Frankly whatever Andy does someone knocks him down. That idiot on Sky is an example and then Canada man has a pop at him again and says he must not show any emotions when he has been more relaxed and smiles instead of scowls which annoys the enemy more. He moaned when Andy raged and now he does not he is still not able to please them! I like to see some emotion, all this pretending they are all calm is nonsense. Rafa has a scowl to knock you off the planet when things go wrong. Fed sneers down his nose as if you are beneath him Novak rages inside if he is losing and huffs and puffs at himself. Sport is intense ,emotional and physical, lets get used to it folks otherwise we will all die of boredom!! I have never been in the position to travel the world to see live matches as I am much older than you probably are therefore you should be used to the live drama. Perhaps when Andy becomes really boring and wins every match he plays in straight sets your heart beat will stop altogether!  w00t
[ Last edit by AFT August 31, 2011, 07:10 PM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 12 13 14 [15] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »