Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray gives credit to Petchey 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray gives credit to Petchey

(Read 543 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray gives credit to Petchey « on: December 06, 2005, 11:56 PM »

Source: The Times
ANDY MURRAY, true to his reputation as a bit of a rebel, turned up late, received the accolade as the British player of the year while wearing trainers, eschewed the obligatory tie and lauded the coach who quit the establishment to throw in his lot with him.

Non-conformity is all part of the Murray cult and if there may have been some members of the Lawn Tennis Writers’ Association on Monday night whose bow-ties seemed to tighten at Murray’s open-necked appearance, it did not deflect the lad from telling it like it is.

He said:
I owe all this to Mark [Petchey]. I couldn’t have done it without him. I’d also like to thank his wife for putting up with me around the house.

Petchey’s decision to quit the security of a powerful position at the LTA and answer Murray’s call to work together was one of the bravest of the year and it is strange that there was no mention of a Coach of the Year Award, which normally commands a high profile. Giving it to so harsh a critic (who does not have one of its coaching badges) would have stuck in the LTA’s craw.

- Full Story (timesonline.co.uk)
IP Logged
Banannie
Veteran

Re: Murray gives credit to Petchey « Reply #1 on: December 07, 2005, 09:10 PM »

[quote I’d also like to thank his wife for putting up with me around the house

roflmao
Great article  goodjob
As i said to some people in the shoutbox, i really don't see there being a great relationship between Andy and the LTA however....
IP Logged
deedee
John McEnroe

Re: Murray gives credit to Petchey « Reply #2 on: December 07, 2005, 09:12 PM »

Quote from: "Mark"
I’d also like to thank his wife for putting up with me around the house.

roflmao
IP Logged
Pages: [1] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »