Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic

(Read 4731 times)
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #45 on: June 01, 2012, 01:38 AM »

Virginia's personal insight into Andy's fitness is quite astounding really.  She should be put to use in a hospital or a sickness benefit queue where her talents would be pretty priceless.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #46 on: June 01, 2012, 01:40 AM »

So you are saying Rusedski's achievement is greater as he took 1 set in the final whereas Andy only made 3 GS finals? Okay then.

Btw, Andy's final opponents hold 21 Slams together (one of them known as the all time great and the other is on his way to become at least one of the greats) as opposed to Rusedski's final opponent with 2 Slams in total.

Another fact you should know about Rusedski's opponent in that final is that, Rafter too made that 1997 USO final for the first time. And it helps a great deal when you know your opponent is just as much novice as you are especially in a GS final.  Andy never had this luxury. Quite the opposite if anything.
IP Logged
fuzzyballs
Challenger Level

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #47 on: June 01, 2012, 02:03 AM »

Another fact you should know about Rusedski's opponent in that final is that, Rafter too made that 1997 USO final for the first time. And it helps a great deal when you know your opponent is just as much novice as you are especially in a GS final.  Andy never had this luxury. Quite the opposite if anything.

If you care to look at what I originally said it was that Rusedski got closer to winning a slam than Murray. Mathematically that is true, you may not like the fact, but it is true.

Hell, Del Potro won his first and only slam final from 2 sets down against Federer. By contrast Murray has the distinction of being the only player in tennis history to lose 9 consecutive sets in slam finals, a more amazing feat given he was in a position to win at least 4 of those 9 sets. Murray dug deep and found a way to lose.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #48 on: June 01, 2012, 02:16 AM »

If you care to look at what I originally said it was that Rusedski got closer to winning a slam than Murray. Mathematically that is true, you may not like the fact, but it is true.

Hell, Del Potro won his first and only slam final from 2 sets down against Federer. By contrast Murray has the distinction of being the only player in tennis history to lose 9 consecutive sets in slam finals, a more amazing feat given he was in a position to win at least 4 of those 9 sets. Murray dug deep and found a way to lose.

It may be mathematically true but it's also retarded but I don't think you will get it.

Del Potro is so far an exception but more importantly, he doesn't come from a country you are from...if you get my drift. Still, Del Potro's Slam is so far considered a fluke. Besides, there are too many one Slam wonders. They came and died with those single slams. No one knows who they are any more. And even if Andy doesn't win a Slam, he'll be regarded as the best player to have not won a Slam and he will always be remembered. He's already made his mark in history by being the 7 only men to make all the semis in on season in the Open era.

And making three GS finals is more amazing feat than losing all three of them and it doesn't even matter how you lost.

Get lost now.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #49 on: June 01, 2012, 02:17 AM »

Get your facts right - Delpo twice fought back from a set down to win.  There is a difference.
IP Logged
fuzzyballs
Challenger Level

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #50 on: June 01, 2012, 03:02 AM »

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/sport/tennis/article-2153003/French-Open-2012-Andy-Murray-makes-meal-injuries-blasts-Virginina-Wade.html

Look at the comments, even Mark is losing faith in Murray
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #51 on: June 01, 2012, 03:58 AM »

I'm Mark Sanger!  No, you're Mark Sanger.  Anyone can be Mark Sanger of London!
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #52 on: June 01, 2012, 05:18 AM »

Thanks Nige.  I missed this match due to unforeseen circumstances. I’m wondering if Andy was given cortisone during the match.  Still not sure if he can play again now or not. Got to take care of that back, Andy.  Flippering nuisance, but there it is.
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #53 on: June 01, 2012, 07:36 AM »

Thanks Nige.  I missed this match due to unforeseen circumstances. I’m wondering if Andy was given cortisone during the match.  Still not sure if he can play again now or not. Got to take care of that back, Andy.  Flippering nuisance, but there it is.

wake up Murray hasn't got a back injury its an imagined niggle at most.  Its an "ongoing excuse" to be carried through every tournament from now now (a first for Andy) and I have to admit I didnt see it coming. Notice how all other "ailments" have magically dried up on account of this new ongoing reusable excuse. Apparently its helping him win so I'm all for it
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #54 on: June 01, 2012, 08:16 AM »

Ivan Lyubicic re Andy's back spasm which nearly all who watched the match knew he was in pain, including his opponent,said it will only improve and that Andy's decision to keep playing was absolutely correct. "Back spasm is something that hurts, something that prevents you playing your best, but it's also the kind of injury that only gets better," he said "I'm sure in the next round he's going to feel better, so the big scare was today."
Andy did not receive a cortisone injection during the match, but he took some anti inflammatory pills before the match. As to those who question the validity of Andy's injury, their hate of him has obviously completely blinkered them. They are only making themselves look very foolish. On 5 live this morning their was reference to Wade's remark and the presenters said that watching the match they could see how much pain Andy was in and how he could hardly move, and that once he began to loosen up how ell he played. They were full of admiration of his guts and determination. I feel that Greg, Wade and Croft will rue the day they made their comments as I think they will feel the backlash, hopefully we won't see much more of them. Max Wilander certainly did not think Andy was faking it and he didn't give the answer that Croft was looking for.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #55 on: June 01, 2012, 08:36 AM »

wake up Murray hasn't got a back injury its an imagined niggle at most.  Its an "ongoing excuse" to be carried through every tournament from now now (a first for Andy) and I have to admit I didnt see it coming. Notice how all other "ailments" have magically dried up on account of this new ongoing reusable excuse. Apparently its helping him win so I'm all for it
is this another troll?  I've never read such garbage - oh sorry I have as I've been having to read the other troll who has crawled out from under his stone.  Are you seriously claiming to be a fan of Andy Murray, which is who this site is for?  It's one thing to be a critical friend quite another constantly to accuse him of in effect being a cheat and a lier.   doh yuk
What is sickening is how Virginia Wade's mean-minded spite has claimed the headlines today.  But when you read the smallprint of the serious press they don't agree with her. Instead they acknowledge the gutsiness Andy showed in playing through the pain and winning.  Who will rid us of these turbulent trolls?
  hammer ranting
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #56 on: June 01, 2012, 08:38 AM »

wake up Murray hasn't got a back injury its an imagined niggle at most.  Its an "ongoing excuse" to be carried through every tournament from now now (a first for Andy) and I have to admit I didnt see it coming. Notice how all other "ailments" have magically dried up on account of this new ongoing reusable excuse. Apparently its helping him win so I'm all for it
Tell me Steve.......do you have to practice at being an arse, or does it just come naturally?
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #57 on: June 01, 2012, 08:40 AM »

Tell me Steve.......do you have to practice at being an arse, or does it just come naturally?
  clap
IP Logged
steve bywaters
Junior

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #58 on: June 01, 2012, 08:57 AM »

jus saw this

Murray lied his way (badly) thru this presser for why I dont know.  an embarrassing tissue of lies from start to finish he looked and sounded guilty as hell.  He just spouted a load of utter tripe and looked for all the world like a kid caught red handed stealing a bar of chocolate.

IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #59 on: June 01, 2012, 09:13 AM »

Am thinking it must come naturally, nobody could practice that hard!
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 [4] 5 6 7 ... 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »