Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic

(Read 4695 times)
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #120 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43 PM »

The link to VW's website just seems to give an email laddress to some agency so I wonder whether she'll ever see them?  Incidentally she's never hidden her adulation of smugfed just as she doesn't hide her dislike of Andy.  Thank god for ITV.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #121 on: June 01, 2012, 04:43 PM »

Neil Harman reportedly said this on ITV -

Murray is ... a hypochondriac

Murray is ... melodramatic

Murray ... likes to be the centre of attention and cannot stand to just be one of the players

Murray ... would not quit with Lendl in attendance and looking on

Quite frankly I am disgusted with Harman.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #122 on: June 01, 2012, 04:52 PM »

^ Woah...hopefully someone watched it. If true, not quite sure what's going with Harman bcos up until recently he's always had a good banter with Andy.

Anyhoo.. in his latest twitter:
Neil Harman‏@NeilHarmanTimes

Andy Murray currently hitting and feelings are that he is "relatively positive" about his chances of playing tomorrow
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #123 on: June 01, 2012, 04:52 PM »

Oh Harman was awful and I thought he was supposed to be a friend of Andy's.  Though he did at least temper it by talking about ANdy's brilliance too.  It was INverdale who said Andy likes to be centre of attention which as I've said in another post seems to me rubbish as he clearly doesn't blossom in front of the media spotlight in the way that the likes of smugfed and nole do.  But Paul Newman of the INdependent was much more sympathetic and was very positive about what Andy achieved yesterday.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #124 on: June 01, 2012, 05:10 PM »

If Fuzzy cares to check out the public records for the London area, as I've just done, there are quite a few Mark Sangers.
Oh, I've no doubt there are Aileen, but only Mark can tell the troll that he wasn't the one who made the comment!
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #125 on: June 01, 2012, 05:16 PM »

Oh, I've no doubt there are Aileen, but only Mark can tell the troll that he wasn't the one who made the comment!
Maybe our Mark hasn't read all this yet and for all I know maybe he wont, so we might never know.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #126 on: June 01, 2012, 05:25 PM »

That settles it then since Mark is the true barometer here.
IP Logged
Murray Magic
ATP Level

Andy "Braveheart" Murray

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #127 on: June 01, 2012, 05:26 PM »

I would love to see Ivan Lendl go into the Eurosport studios and set them all straight.  Out of this, I have a grudging admiration for Mats Willander, even though he is a Fed Luvvie but he seems to be supporting Andy and dismissing the drama queen statements.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #128 on: June 01, 2012, 05:32 PM »

he was touching his ear his nose his mouth, head down god almighty its like watching Gerry Mccann. didnt even answer the question because half way thru he realised he'd lost all credibility. It was quite amusing to watch but as i said I'm here for his wonderful tennis skill nothing more so all this is a bonus

You do realize that Andy pretty much touches everything during an interview/PC etc. all the time and this was not the first time?

Also, you don't know the truth because you don't have the first hand information available, so you are just as clueless as the rest are. Understand that. 

What you are doing though is that you are making a bigger fool out of yourself so congrats. You earned it.
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #129 on: June 01, 2012, 05:47 PM »

I just can't believe all this talk of Andy lying about his back problem and mr bywaters no doubt with his armoury of psychology degrees talking about tell tale signs of deceit in the press conference??

Andy is just a fairly diffident Scot who doesn't always comes over well. I would say his 'problem' is ironically his inability to put on a good act. I read a pretty scurrilous article about Nadal in The Sunday Times last year, and the description of the behind the scenes control of his public image made me appreciate all the more that with Andy what we get is an uncontrolled, warts and all real person who unfortunately doesn't always feel that comfortable with the media attention.

I also still don't get what advantage he would have hoped to achieve by faking the extent of his back pain? Dropping a set and two breaks in the second doesn't seem like great tactics to me.

Blaming Murray for Nieminen's mental walkabout is also as idiotic as blaming Nieminen for taking advantage of Murray's back problems would have been had he won.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #130 on: June 01, 2012, 05:59 PM »

I just can't believe all this talk of Andy lying about his back problem and mr bywaters no doubt with his armoury of psychology degrees talking about tell tale signs of deceit in the press conference??

Andy is just a fairly diffident Scot who doesn't always comes over well. I would say his 'problem' is ironically his inability to put on a good act. I read a pretty scurrilous article about Nadal in The Sunday Times last year, and the description of the behind the scenes control of his public image made me appreciate all the more that with Andy what we get is an uncontrolled, warts and all real person who unfortunately doesn't always feel that comfortable with the media attention.

I also still don't get what advantage he would have hoped to achieve by faking the extent of his back pain? Dropping a set and two breaks in the second doesn't seem like great tactics to me.

Blaming Murray for Nieminen's mental walkabout is also as idiotic as blaming Nieminen for taking advantage of Murray's back problems would have been had he won.

That's why he needs to stay away from the media as much as possible and keep things to the minimum. I am completely fine with not reading anything about Andy as long as he plays good tennis and puts on a great tennis show. Keeping a very low profile is perfectly doable but sometimes I wonder if he's heading in the same as Diana did who I thought was an utter fool.  You don’t want to make one too many bad decisions to the point it costs your life, mental and physical health. At one point, you should stop, think and you learn.
IP Logged
Murat magic
Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #131 on: June 01, 2012, 06:08 PM »

That's why he needs to stay away from the media as much as possible and keep things to the minimum. I am completely fine with not reading anything about Andy as long as he plays good tennis and puts on a great tennis show. Keeping a very low profile is perfectly doable but sometimes I wonder if he's heading in the same as Diana did who I thought was an utter fool.  You don’t want to make one too many bad decisions to the point it costs your life, mental and physical health. At one point, you should stop, think and you learn.

I do not agree with that at all, Andy is a fascinating sports celebrity, he does not want to conform, he is an individual and that is why people like him, he bucked the trend of stereotypical tennis players by coming from a small town in Scotland and being immensely talented at a game that is usually for the privalidged.  I want to k ow more about him, he is likeable, down to earth, normal, humble and not up his own backside like certain others in the top four.  He cannot keep a low profile he is a marketable commodity with sponsorship deals to maintain.  Your comment about likening him to the life of Diana is a little bit OTT and bears no relevance.  He took some harsh comments off a bitter old ex pro he wasn't happy about it and let the media know - too right.  It won't affect his campaign, he surrounds himself with a team of people in whom he has confidence and trust, they will support him and look after him.
IP Logged
mumbler

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #132 on: June 01, 2012, 06:18 PM »

That's why he needs to stay away from the media as much as possible and keep things to the minimum. I am completely fine with not reading anything about Andy as long as he plays good tennis and puts on a great tennis show. Keeping a very low profile is perfectly doable but sometimes I wonder if he's heading in the same as Diana did who I thought was an utter fool.  You don’t want to make one too many bad decisions to the point it costs your life, mental and physical health. At one point, you should stop, think and you learn.
Agreed. Although it's no doubt easier said than done when it comes to continuously hearing opinions about yourself. It's bad enough the endless comments on various news sites (I suspect plenty of comments would have been posted about Murray's 'weaknesses' had he retired from the match), but to get the same comments based on assumption rather than fact from the 'experts' in the media underlines that Andy can never win with them.

He'll never be left under the radar in this country, but I hope he does keep the profile as low as possible after this and leaves the media pundits to jump to their own conclusions (which they'd do anyway).
IP Logged
scotsgeek28
Futures Level

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #133 on: June 01, 2012, 06:29 PM »

I can't believe all the fuss over this.  I have seen this happen in a tennis match countless times. If it was "anyone but Andy", everyone would be saying what a great comeback etc etc.  Instead it is any excuse for the Andy-haters to bring the knives out.  I dare say if you looked at the foreign press the reporting would be different .

I just ignore the london based Andy-haters in the press frankly, as in global terms let's face it they are basically the conference division of tennis expertise and knowledge, despite what they may pretend otherwise. Our tennis media are about as uncultured as they come. Even the yanks are better!

He will play tomorrow and be absolutely fine I hope.  I care more about wimby, so I just want to see him come through here OK.

Queens participation may be doubtful, though he won't pull out lightly given he is the biggest name left there now.  However I have my doubts.  Having said that he could go on and win the tournament....!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #134 on: June 01, 2012, 06:37 PM »

Emma Jean players are required to do post match press conferences.  And there's no way that #4 player in the world can avoid the media.  By and large Andy has got better at dealing with them but the very fact he is still ill at ease so much of the time belies the fools who say he is an attention seeker.   
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] 10 11 12 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »