Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic

(Read 5480 times)
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #165 on: June 02, 2012, 07:41 PM »

Steve you are a sicko dragging a tragic child abduction into an argument about tennis.
He didn't fuzzyballs did, Grabcopy was only replying to him.Get your facts right.
IP Logged
MT
Futures Level

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #166 on: June 02, 2012, 08:00 PM »

he was touching his ear his nose his mouth, head down god almighty its like watching Gerry Mccann. didnt even answer the question because half way thru he realised he'd lost all credibility. It was quite amusing to watch but as i said I'm here for his wonderful tennis skill nothing more so all this is a bonus

Michelle get YOUR facts right - the quote was from steve bywaters - see above . Why are you being so nippy?
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #167 on: June 03, 2012, 06:21 AM »

MT....it was Nigel's quote you used, making it appear as though your comment was directed at him. A simple mistake, obviously!
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #168 on: July 20, 2012, 05:10 PM »

I said on Eurosport's site at the time that I thought they should have sacked Wade for her outburst and I still think the same. She wasn't rational or balanced. It was just a rant from an old woman who is frightened to death that people will forget her when she is no longer the last Brit to win a major. She seemed to be upset that Andy won and simply wouldn't accept that Niemenen bottled it when he was in a winning position.

I watched the match in question and was distraught with how Andy was in the beginning. He couldn't even walk properly! How on earth that could have been considered faking, or being a drama queen I will never know. I tell you, if Andy was faking in that match he is in the wrong job and should make himself available for the National Theatre or something.

I have experienced back spasm and I can say with honesty that the pain is terrible. You do collapse in to it in the way Andy was. He couldn't get up for the serve, it was patently obvious something was very wrong. However, it can and does wear off to a great degree, although I still feel that it was sheer willpower or just plain bloody-mindedness that got him through that match in the end. I wasn't convinced by his movement all the way through, even when he was playing better.

I remember thinking that in a way the match showed how much more in control of his emotions he is. Had that happened even a year ago I think he would have got totally frustrated with himself and it would have finished him off.

I think Andy was put in a terrible position throughout that whole time. He should never have had to justify himself or explain anything, especially to people who in the past have accused him of saying too much about injuries.

I would have loved to have been around Virginia Wade on Men's final day at Wimbledon. I bet she was peeing herself. Mind you, she will be revolting about Smugfed. Her adoration of him knows no bounds. Silly cow.

IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #169 on: July 20, 2012, 05:24 PM »

Yes Wade sits and pontificates she is typical of  her class and should keep quiet. She only appears on TV because she won the womens singles many many moons ago. She adores Fed as does Croft what a pair god help us if this is the best they can dig up what hope do we have.
IP Logged
Alis
ATP Level

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #170 on: July 20, 2012, 07:23 PM »

Sam Smith, who commentated on the women's matches at Roland Garros, was a breath of fresh air after the idiocies and Fedworship of Wade and Croft.  Her commentary was balanced, fair and well-informed - a great pity we dont see more of her.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #171 on: July 21, 2012, 02:31 PM »

Sam Smith, who commentated on the women's matches at Roland Garros, was a breath of fresh air after the idiocies and Fedworship of Wade and Croft.  Her commentary was balanced, fair and well-informed - a great pity we dont see more of her.

Indeed, I was also interested in what she had to say about Andy after he'd lost to Ferrer. Jim Courier was constructive as well.

The discussion, obviously, went to Andy's prospect of winning majors. Sam made a point that I must say I'd never thought about, but it made sense. She said that Andy's development as a player is probably a couple of years behind that of Federer, Nadal and Djokovic because, relatively speaking, he took the game up properly later than they did.

It did make me think, because although he was hitting balls from around three, wasn't he about seven or something, perhaps a bit older, before he played more? I know there was some chance of him going in to football (glad he didn't personally) as well. Then there was being in Dunblane, hardly the tennis capital of the world, before going to Spain.

I just thought it was interesting to hear people like Sam and Jim comfirming what a lot of us think, that the best could very well still be yet to come from Andy. Now there is an exciting thought!

Sam also talked about Andy's back problem. I really appreciated the way she mentioned one thing that no one else did at the time, i.e. that the way we deal with pain is different from one person to another, and maybe Andy has a low pain threshold compared to some of the other players. I liked it because she clearly understood the one thing that some of the other commentators forget, that all the players are just people in the end.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray goes from geriatric to ballistic « Reply #172 on: July 21, 2012, 04:22 PM »

I agree tj.  And I think although Andy is same age as Nole he turned pro a year later.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 9 10 11 [12] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »