Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray grinds past Tsonga 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray grinds past Tsonga

(Read 3002 times)
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #120 on: June 17, 2011, 03:03 PM »

Thanks Joe.......that's good to hear! It makes up for all the negative comments we have to put up with! The beeb comms said "That's outragious!" w00t but they were laughing their socks off!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #121 on: June 17, 2011, 03:55 PM »

Ha ha well done Ruthie......sounds like you both had a great time. I'll bet the atmosphere was 'something else'! I never heard you shout Ruthie, but I'm going to watch the re run and I'll listen out for you this time! What was the crowd reaction around you both when Andy done his 'trick shot'?
I think it was just amazement.  To be honest I didn't realise what had happened at first - I thought he'd kicked it over!! Agree with Joe that it was great to hear such support for Andy.  There were some rather upper class women near me urging him on but in such quiet upper class voices that there was no way he could hear them.  Made me laugh!   w00t
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #122 on: June 17, 2011, 04:29 PM »

Awww that's great Ruthie! I believe Andy was delighted with the rain delay, as it meant that the audience was made up of members of the public instead of all the corporate lot! They're probably more interested in the 'champers' than the tennis. I think it gave people who would not ordinarily be able to afford a ticket a chance to see the big final! I'm sooo glad he won for you all!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #123 on: June 17, 2011, 05:03 PM »

Awww that's great Ruthie! I believe Andy was delighted with the rain delay, as it meant that the audience was made up of members of the public instead of all the corporate lot! They're probably more interested in the 'champers' than the tennis. I think it gave people who would not ordinarily be able to afford a ticket a chance to see the big final! I'm sooo glad he won for you all!
Yes I'm sure it would not have been anything like such a good atmosphere had it been played on the Sunday Caz.  Andy's win was enough champagne for me!  I loved Andy's quip about not being spotted by the boss! 
The woman next to me, who was an Andy fan, had never seen live tennis before. She couldn't get over the speed and power. 
IP Logged
spocler
Futures Level

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #124 on: June 17, 2011, 10:18 PM »

Thought I heard one of the BBC comms mutter 'That was... bitchy!' during the replay Smile
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #125 on: June 18, 2011, 06:49 AM »

Yes I'm sure it would not have been anything like such a good atmosphere had it been played on the Sunday Caz.  Andy's win was enough champagne for me!  I loved Andy's quip about not being spotted by the boss! 
The woman next to me, who was an Andy fan, had never seen live tennis before. She couldn't get over the speed and power. 
Let's hope it rains again next year Ruthie!
IP Logged
lashurst
Veteran

Murray Mad

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #126 on: June 18, 2011, 09:11 AM »

Well done Ruthie and Joe! I felt a part of me was there supporting Andy as I knew at least two M.World members were there.
I heard Mr Magic too.

Glad neither of you had problems later as a consequence. 
Thank for the reports, which for me have added to the enjoyment of being a MW member. grouphug
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray grinds past Tsonga « Reply #127 on: June 18, 2011, 12:09 PM »

Well done Ruthie and Joe! I felt a part of me was there supporting Andy as I knew at least two M.World members were there.
I heard Mr Magic too.

Glad neither of you had problems later as a consequence. 
Thank for the reports, which for me have added to the enjoyment of being a MW member. grouphug
Thanks Lashurst.  Nice to know we were representing other MW members.  I was tempted to shout something to that effect but didn't quite manage it!   I watched the match on TV yesterday as I'd recorded it in case I had to leave early.  I think most of my shouting was while they were replaying points on TV.  One small thing I forgot to say was that I just loved the way Andy skipped to his chair after winning the tie-break.  It just felt like genuine pleasure in having done it and so smoothly.  hug
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 6 7 8 [9] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »