Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray ground down by Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray ground down by Djokovic

(Read 7803 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #15 on: January 27, 2013, 01:37 PM »

1-5 now in Slam finals.

It's a far easier pill to swallow after what happened in New York. He beat Federer and has gained in the rankings. There are lot of positives to take from this week. Let's hope he can improve on his Masters performances this year and really assault Federer for #2. Djokovic is some way ahead right now.
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #16 on: January 27, 2013, 01:44 PM »

Sending all Murray fans a BIG, GENEROUS, GENIUNE hug for sticking it out with our lad no matter what.

hug
IP Logged
boogers
Veteran

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #17 on: January 27, 2013, 01:52 PM »

Djokovic is some way ahead right now.

Can't see anyone touching Novak for a long while to come. Murray should cement the number two spot sometime this year, but can't see him getting to the top.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #18 on: January 27, 2013, 02:03 PM »

How could anyone not be disappointed at Andy's loss? It's natural but there will be other losses over the next few years in GS finals and wins as well. Novak won today - he is the one who will pose the difficulty problem in the near future unless Nadal comes back on form - so Andy will lose and win matches against him. For me the crown was beating Fed on Friday - that was the step forward. This has been a wonderful tennis fortnight - most enjoyable and Andy has shown the improvements which will carry him ever higher in the rankings. All I hope that for him this loss does not diminish the confidence he has carried since winning the US Open. I also feel that that foot DId make a difference - it must have been constantly painful - a niggling aggravation which increased as the match went on, but perhaps I am wrong.
IP Logged
starrieyed

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #19 on: January 27, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Andy is not that far behind and on another final he can win, like the US for example. Not much is separating them...
IP Logged
Sabine
Veteran

^_^

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #20 on: January 27, 2013, 02:03 PM »

Nole--very well played. Hats off....didnt watch the match but with the comments itself I can make out.

Andy- Tough luck cuz nobody would want blisters in a GS final.....shame you had to play with them....Will always love you and keep supportin you no matter what hug
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #21 on: January 27, 2013, 02:04 PM »

Just had a thought :  I've watched Andy live losing 5 slam finals. The only won I couldn't watch he won !

Oh no ! it's my fault !! imsorry

Same here sidtypical so we can share the blame.
IP Logged
janscribe
Veteran

Let's Go!!!

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #22 on: January 27, 2013, 02:06 PM »

Can't see anyone touching Novak for a long while to come. Murray should cement the number two spot sometime this year, but can't see him getting to the top.
Perhaps Andy has one more step to climb Boogers and that will take him past No. 2. We know he wants the top and he has the talent.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #23 on: January 27, 2013, 02:11 PM »

Hang on a second though this is not a disaster in the last 12 months Andy and Novak are 1 all in grand slams. Andy beat him at the Olympics and Novak got his revenge then. This is how it's gonna be if they truly are the new big rivalry everyone is saying. Andy is not inferior he was just worn out both mentally and physically today. I would rather have Wimbledon anyway. 
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #24 on: January 27, 2013, 02:20 PM »

How could anyone not be disappointed at Andy's loss? It's natural but there will be other losses over the next few years in GS finals and wins as well. Novak won today - he is the one who will pose the difficulty problem in the near future unless Nadal comes back on form - so Andy will lose and win matches against him. For me the crown was beating Fed on Friday - that was the step forward. This has been a wonderful tennis fortnight - most enjoyable and Andy has shown the improvements which will carry him ever higher in the rankings. All I hope that for him this loss does not diminish the confidence he has carried since winning the US Open. I also feel that that foot DId make a difference - it must have been constantly painful - a niggling aggravation which increased as the match went on, but perhaps I am wrong.

Quite right Jan - we have to remember the step forward.    I know Andy never makes excuses for a defeat but a reason is different from an excuse.    I'm sure the blisters played a part - not the whole but a part.    I noticed early in the match he would tug at,I think, the tongue on his right shoe but I'm sure he was doing the same in the semi.   I thought several times he was going to tie the laces but he tugged and moved on.    Maybe it wasn't a new problem.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #25 on: January 27, 2013, 02:30 PM »

Well done Novak. You played the percentages. And well done Andy for performing to your utmost to which you were allowed to perform.

Andy, you have nothing to feel down about nor disappointed. Novak currently is in a different world to most other players but not too far ahead of you cetrtainly in tennis skills.

In many ways this match replicated USO. Andy won the first on a tie-break and apart from failing to take the second as he did at USO, Novak then took the third and fourth in 6-2, 6-3. This time there was not to be a fifth. But Andy suffered with blisters as he did at USO.

Pity about set 2!

If Andy is to achieve his desired no1 spot, he will have to improve his services and be more consistent in this part.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport January 27, 2013, 10:47 PM ] IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #26 on: January 27, 2013, 02:41 PM »

Same here sidtypical so we can share the blame.
Okay, you two are banned forever!
IP Logged
wimbledonwestie
ATP Level

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #27 on: January 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Okay, you two are banned forever!

Or at least having your televisions confiscated! haha
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #28 on: January 27, 2013, 02:46 PM »

Heartfelt commiserations to Andy, I'll always stand by you, win or lose.

Boogers THANK YOU for the match report. It's one of the best you've  written, in my opinion clap

IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #29 on: January 27, 2013, 02:59 PM »

The same was said about Nadal, but then the light bulb switched on for Djokovic and he stepped up a gear.  No reason why this can't happen to Murray too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »