Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray ground down by Djokovic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray ground down by Djokovic

(Read 8761 times)
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #60 on: January 27, 2013, 04:53 PM »

What a good presser from Andy. I'm glad he looked the journalists (I was tempted to say interrogators) in the eye when he answered their questions. What he said about the umpire was right too. I like how diplomatic he is about that.

Andy has so much to be positive about now. He's on the up. Number two in the world is surely inevitable now. The danger now will be if he gets down on himself about today, but I don't see that happening, not now.

I watched on the BBC and they wondered how Nadal is going to handle both Djokovic and Andy when he comes back. Both Lloyd and Castle seemed to think Nadal could find it tough because Djokovic and Andy have moved the game on further whilst Nadal has been away. I have to be honest, for once I think they might have a point. I'd never be disrespectful of Nadal and write him off, but I do think he could be in for a surprise when he comes back. In a sense I'd quite like to see Andy against him now. I think the outcome could be interesting.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #61 on: January 27, 2013, 04:53 PM »

The feather played a blinder.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #62 on: January 27, 2013, 04:55 PM »

What a good presser from Andy. I'm glad he looked the journalists (I was tempted to say interrogators) in the eye when he answered their questions. What he said about the umpire was right too. I like how diplomatic he is about that.

Andy has so much to be positive about now. He's on the up. Number two in the world is surely inevitable now. The danger now will be if he gets down on himself about today, but I don't see that happening, not now.

I watched on the BBC and they wondered how Nadal is going to handle both Djokovic and Andy when he comes back. Both Lloyd and Castle seemed to think Nadal could find it tough because Djokovic and Andy have moved the game on further whilst Nadal has been away. I have to be honest, for once I think they might have a point. I'd never be disrespectful of Nadal and write him off, but I do think he could be in for a surprise when he comes back. In a sense I'd quite like to see Andy against him now. I think the outcome could be interesting.
Even if he wsa going to get down on himself tj I don't think Ivan will let him.  It's good they've got some more serious training time together now rather than rushing half way round the world to play smaller tournaments.  I'm sure both of them will have learned alot from today.
IP Logged
BigNose
ATP Level

The Voice of Reason

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #63 on: January 27, 2013, 04:57 PM »

Not sure if training time is what he needs just now. Whats he been doing in december? Personally Id like to see him playing Rotterdam and kicking some serious butt. I think it would be good for him to get this painful defeat out of his system.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #64 on: January 27, 2013, 04:58 PM »

Andy's presser. ".I think I'm going in the right direction.."
Absolutely Andy yes

Lovely interview - no excuses, even although it was obvious that his foot was giving him pain.

because the tv people will want one each evening and the media rule over what is fair to the players, which probably also helps explain why smugfed got all the evening matches
I wonder if the TV  media will love SmugFed so much after his SF with Andy. Whistle

IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #65 on: January 27, 2013, 05:00 PM »

I think he rightly has his eyes on the American hard court swing as he could pick up alot of ranking points there having under-performed the last few years.  I don't think this defeat is going to be that painful [blisters, hamstring aside] and I'm sure he'll bounce back quickly.
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Veteran

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #66 on: January 27, 2013, 05:01 PM »

The feather played a blinder.

Had it been a really close match, the feather would have made a great motif for a news report - 'the difference between the two men came down to the weight of a single feather falling from the Melbourne sky...'

But it wasn't close.
IP Logged
Connor
Grand Slam Champion

The great British player will be back!

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #67 on: January 27, 2013, 05:02 PM »

Had it been a really close match, the feather would have made a great motif for a news report - 'the difference between the two men came down to the weight of a single feather falling from the Melbourne sky...'

But it wasn't close.

I thought it was quite close.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #68 on: January 27, 2013, 05:03 PM »

I don't forsee Andy v2 going on a downer.

And I cannot wait to see him up against Rafa... except on clay, which shouldn't be a major problem for the Spanish Bull despite his exended hiatus.

But then again, that depends on how he is seeded at RG.  Think
IP Logged
boogers
World No 1

Touched by his noodly appendage

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #69 on: January 27, 2013, 05:07 PM »

I thought it was quite close.

The first two sets were. The third and fourth were completely one sided.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #70 on: January 27, 2013, 05:07 PM »

Not sure if training time is what he needs just now. Whats he been doing in december? Personally Id like to see him playing Rotterdam and kicking some serious butt. I think it would be good for him to get this painful defeat out of his system.
I don't get the impression that this defeat is painful.  Disappointing obviously, but nowhere near  as devastating as the last three AO defeats were.  Andy's a different player now with a completely changed mental attitude.  A decent break would be more beneficial than rushing off to another tournament so soon - and I'm sure he'll use the time with Lendl in Miami to work on more aspects of his game, most likely based on his performances in Melbourne.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #71 on: January 27, 2013, 05:10 PM »

Just had tremendous Pollyanna moment, cos I thought how much better Andy can play yay
That serve needs to be clicking though, as it was against Fed. Pity it didn't show up today Frown
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #72 on: January 27, 2013, 05:16 PM »

Where's he playing next? His crappy official site has him down for Miami next (although Indian Wells comes before that Rolling Eyes ), but I thought he usually liked to get a tournament in before that. The ATP site doesn't have him down for Dubai yet. Think

As for the final, I'm not too bothered. Shame he couldn't get the second set, but he looked hampered by injury. There will be other chances at other Slams, of that I'm sure. The AO looks to belong to Djokovic now, as the French has done to Nadal and Wimbledon did to Federer. I fancy Andy to win Wimbledon this year, which would be very special. I'm so much calmer since he won the USO and I sense that he is too.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #73 on: January 27, 2013, 05:17 PM »

^ I think the majority of us feel like that Joe. I certainly do thumb up
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray ground down by Djokovic « Reply #74 on: January 27, 2013, 05:18 PM »

Where's he playing next? His crappy official site has him down for Miami next (although Indian Wells comes before that Rolling Eyes ), but I thought he usually liked to get a tournament in before that. The ATP site doesn't have him down for Dubai yet. Think
Delray Beach has been mentioned as a possibility, given it's closeness to Miami.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 8 ... 13 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »