Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open

(Read 3773 times)
drchef
Challenger Level

"Corey, Trevor.....Smokes, let's go!"

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #15 on: January 13, 2012, 11:08 AM »

Looking at this from the other side of things, Im not too sure that Novak will be too happy to get Andy on his side of the draw. Sure he's the least decorated out of the big four, but it could well be argued that he is the form player coming into this with the least injury niggles. This is what im telling myself anyway Whistle
IP Logged
bes03_philippines
Satellite Level

game, set, match!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #16 on: January 13, 2012, 11:39 AM »

i'm soooo excited but the path looks daunting :S

hope andy is inspired enough to go one win further Smile)
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #17 on: January 13, 2012, 04:12 PM »

The draw doesn't look that bad to me.  Harrison for openers will be a good test as they've never played before.  JWT was apparently suffering from jet-lag, so if on form could be a real challenge.  Djokovic's been fighting a shoulder problem since before the USO, and Nadal's fitness too is under question.  Fed pulled out of Doha with a back injury.  Meanwhile Andy's dodgy right knee has been acting up a little.  Sounds like this could be the survival of the fittest!

Seriously, though, Slams are strange beasts and anything can happen - and as always everything hangs on how a player plays on the day.  I'm (trying to) heed Andy's own cautious advice - take matches one at a time and only concentrate on the one in front of you.  At least this time he has Lendl at his side for support and inspiration, and that's a comforting thought, although ultimately once on court it's all down to Andy himself.

So, Andy, keep your cool and your focus and play the great tennis we know you're capable of.  There are bound to be roller-coaster, heart-stopping moments, but always remember your fans are right behind you all the way. cmon yeah
IP Logged
Patsy
Satellite Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #18 on: January 13, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Well said Aileen and I'll second your advice to Andy.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #19 on: January 13, 2012, 05:01 PM »

The draw doesn't look that bad to me.  Harrison for openers will be a good test as they've never played before.  JWT was apparently suffering from jet-lag, so if on form could be a real challenge.  Djokovic's been fighting a shoulder problem since before the USO, and Nadal's fitness too is under question.  Fed pulled out of Doha with a back injury.  Meanwhile Andy's dodgy right knee has been acting up a little.  Sounds like this could be the survival of the fittest!

Seriously, though, Slams are strange beasts and anything can happen - and as always everything hangs on how a player plays on the day.  I'm (trying to) heed Andy's own cautious advice - take matches one at a time and only concentrate on the one in front of you.  At least this time he has Lendl at his side for support and inspiration, and that's a comforting thought, although ultimately once on court it's all down to Andy himself.

So, Andy, keep your cool and your focus and play the great tennis we know you're capable of.  There are bound to be roller-coaster, heart-stopping moments, but always remember your fans are right behind you all the way. cmon yeah
well said  yay  clap  I will go with your judgement Smile  you are very wise Aileen Smile
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #20 on: January 13, 2012, 05:04 PM »

Having watched the interview with Jonathan O on the BBC site you can see what a canny fellow Lendl is, he gave absolutely nothing a\way about what he and Andy are working on. He just said how well they were getting on and the respect they have for each other. What was lovely to see was Lendl smiling. Andy must feel so happy, confident, relieved and raring to go, knowing that he is not alone he has some big shoulders to lean on. Lendl has been there and done it and he knows what it feels like to be castigated, and how you can turn everything around. Andy really deserves Lendl in his corner. What a year this is going to be.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #21 on: January 13, 2012, 05:07 PM »

like my new profile pic? Very Happy....  and yeah Michelle Andy does deserve Lendl Smile Lendl is so respectful towards Andy and they look like they have formed a strong relationship bond Smile  can't wait for the AO... 3 more sleeps Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #22 on: January 13, 2012, 05:17 PM »

Yeah.. like maybe R1:

Lorenzi def. Djokovic
Q def. Federer
Q. def. Nadal

.. in straight sets.

Hey.. a girl can dream... yes
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #23 on: January 13, 2012, 05:25 PM »

Yeah.. like maybe R1:

Lorenzi def. Djokovic
Q def. Federer
Q. def. Nadal

.. in straight sets.

And one of the qualifiers to be James Ward....my cup would be overflowing.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #24 on: January 13, 2012, 05:41 PM »

Having watched the interview with Jonathan O on the BBC site you can see what a canny fellow Lendl is, he gave absolutely nothing a\way about what he and Andy are working on. He just said how well they were getting on and the respect they have for each other. What was lovely to see was Lendl smiling. Andy must feel so happy, confident, relieved and raring to go, knowing that he is not alone he has some big shoulders to lean on. Lendl has been there and done it and he knows what it feels like to be castigated, and how you can turn everything around. Andy really deserves Lendl in his corner. What a year this is going to be.
clap Spot on Michelle clap
Andy .. cmon yeah
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #25 on: January 13, 2012, 05:43 PM »

like my new profile pic? Very Happy.... 
How could I not?
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #26 on: January 13, 2012, 05:54 PM »

Yeah.. like maybe R1:

Lorenzi def. Djokovic
Q def. Federer
Q. def. Nadal

.. in straight sets.

I want Andy to beat two or more of the big boys on the way to a GS!

What would the rest of the world say ìf it were otherwise?
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Give me your JMac, Henman, Cash & 2 balls.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #27 on: January 13, 2012, 06:04 PM »

I know.. I know lashurst.. just messing around. Wink
But now I come to think about it.. if that WERE to happen, that would speak more about the others' forms rather than Andy's.. hmmm.. Think
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #28 on: January 13, 2012, 06:30 PM »

cmonandy
I was thinking back to Nole's draw last year, which was a little like Andy's this year,he (Nole) had the defending champion in the semi's (Federer.) Not easy to have to face Ferrer in the Quarters as he will run and run and make Nole really work. Andy could face Tsonga who hasn't recovered from Doha and the climate and time difference. He is coming into this tournament on  the back of two losses and fatigue!
I think we will see a few upsets on the otherside of the draw and I wouldn't be surprised if neither Rafa or Federer get through to the Final, nor do I think it will be Del Potro, not sure who it will be. So I'm coming round to thinking that this could be Andy's if he continues with the positive thinking, which with Mr. Lendl in his corner I think he will.
I agree Michelle, who knows what's going to happen, but I have a feeling Andy is going to do well.  pray
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #29 on: January 13, 2012, 06:34 PM »

The draw doesn't look that bad to me.  Harrison for openers will be a good test as they've never played before.  JWT was apparently suffering from jet-lag, so if on form could be a real challenge.  Djokovic's been fighting a shoulder problem since before the USO, and Nadal's fitness too is under question.  Fed pulled out of Doha with a back injury.  Meanwhile Andy's dodgy right knee has been acting up a little.  Sounds like this could be the survival of the fittest!

Seriously, though, Slams are strange beasts and anything can happen - and as always everything hangs on how a player plays on the day.  I'm (trying to) heed Andy's own cautious advice - take matches one at a time and only concentrate on the one in front of you.  At least this time he has Lendl at his side for support and inspiration, and that's a comforting thought, although ultimately once on court it's all down to Andy himself.

So, Andy, keep your cool and your focus and play the great tennis we know you're capable of.  There are bound to be roller-coaster, heart-stopping moments, but always remember your fans are right behind you all the way.
Agree Aileen with all that,  cmonandy
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 ... 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »