Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jo-Wilfried Tsonga, Monday, LIVE - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open

(Read 3415 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #60 on: January 14, 2012, 11:27 AM »

typical as usual.... Fed gets what he want  ranting  I think the organisers still think he is number 1 or somethin... they need to get something straight here... Fed is playing like a turkey whilst Andy is playing exceptionally brilliant.. ... they will be embarrassed when Fed goes out early... that's my prediction anyway... you never know with GS
 cmonandy  I bet Lendl will show these organisers a thing or two... he would destroy them
yes your absolutely right!,, well said.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #61 on: January 14, 2012, 11:53 AM »

So I take it Andy will play Wednesday ....catch up again.
IP Logged
araminta
Futures Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #62 on: January 14, 2012, 11:53 AM »

Yes Deb but are any of us in the least surprised that Fed gets a night match on the first day.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #63 on: January 14, 2012, 01:01 PM »

“DAILY TENNIS NEWS WIRE”-
Ryan Harrison Has Big Test – He Plays Murray in Melbourne’s First Round

Ryan Harrison is being touted as the next big thing in American tennis. Now the 19-year old, ranked 84, has an opportunity to prove he is worthy of the tag as he faces 2011 runner-up Andy Murray in the first round of the Australian Open.
In 2010 Harrison became the first American teenager, since Andy Roddick in 2001, to beat a top 20 opponent in a major when he upset Ivan Ljubicic at the US Open. In 2011 he reached the fourth round at Indian wells before running into Roger Federer, he reached the semi-finals in Atlanta, and in Shanghai he knocked off 16th-ranked Viktor Troicki. So far this year he fell to Marcos Baghdatis in the first round in Brisbane, and then beat Sam Querrey in Auckland before losing to Philip Kohlschreiber.

Harrison appreciates the favorable comments he has attracted, but he is anxious to produce the goods more often.
“I look at it (the attention) as a privilege, not as a pressure, because there’s two sides to it. You can look at it as everything’s on me and it’s a pressure to do this or do that,” he said. “That’s the way that will make you panic and ultimately destroy you.
“But I look at it as a privilege to be mentioned in the same sentence as some of the guys that I have. To this point obviously I’ve done some things right to put myself in that position, but at this time people are still talking about me being the next big thing. But there’s a difference between being a prospect and an actual producer, and I know I’m far away from being what I want to be.”

IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #64 on: January 14, 2012, 01:16 PM »

Not surprised at all Amarminta!!! Always the same, but why just can't understand i.   shocking
[ Last edit by deb January 15, 2012, 11:57 AM ] IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #65 on: January 14, 2012, 02:58 PM »

well said  yay  clap  I will go with your judgement Smile  you are very wise Aileen Smile

Me also Aileen, i'll go with your judgement   hug
IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #66 on: January 14, 2012, 03:05 PM »

Johnkiernan35 there is a very good video on Eurosport with Andy and Simon Reed can you put it on this site please. udaman
[ Last edit by michelle January 14, 2012, 03:12 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #67 on: January 14, 2012, 05:07 PM »

Not surprised at all. amaminta !!! Always the same, but why just can't understand i.   shocking
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #68 on: January 14, 2012, 05:09 PM »

Oops not sure what I did there!,
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #69 on: January 14, 2012, 05:20 PM »

Johnkiernan35 there is a very good video on Eurosport with Andy and Simon Reed can you put it on this site please. udaman
ok Smile  I will put it on just now Smile  its on the video thread now Smile
[ Last edit by johnkiernan35 January 14, 2012, 05:27 PM ] IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #70 on: January 14, 2012, 05:55 PM »

Of course I'm hoping that Andy will win the AO, but hand on heart I think it's a bit soon to see any changes in Andy, believe, is one of the main factors. I think the FO is going to be were we see a change in Andy, that's the Slam I'm really looking forward to see.
I think he and Ivan need a month or two to 'blend' a bit and for anything new Lendl brings to Andy's game to integrate with his A game. Strangely enough I wonder if he won't make the French Open Final this year. Something is sure to happen when you least expect it. Just read ChrisMac's post - great minds think alike, Chris!

It's any mental change which will be interesting and, hopefully, decisive and that may take time.
thumb up to both.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #71 on: January 15, 2012, 11:55 AM »

There is a really good two page spread on Andy and Lendl in yesterday's telegraph, sorry dont know how to post on here, well worth a read.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #72 on: January 15, 2012, 04:57 PM »

There is a really good two page spread on Andy and Lendl in yesterday's telegraph, sorry dont know how to post on here, well worth a read.
scotn (I think) has posted it in news articles thread -it certainly is good.
Just seen on bbc website that Rafa is actually criticising Fed in public for not putting his weight behind players who are trying to get improvement sin the tour and talks about ok for Fed who is physically privileged and ending his career fresh as a daisy but that he ,, Nole and Andy are not like that! Sorry not the right place to put this probably but a bit pushed for time.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #73 on: January 15, 2012, 05:31 PM »

scotn (I think) has posted it in news articles thread -it certainly is good.
Just seen on bbc website that Rafa is actually criticising Fed in public for not putting his weight behind players who are trying to get improvement sin the tour and talks about ok for Fed who is physically privileged and ending his career fresh as a daisy but that he ,, Nole and Andy are not like that! Sorry not the right place to put this probably but a bit pushed for time.
And here's the article in question, which I'll put on the right thread, if I can find it -

Rafael Nadal says Roger Federer should speak more on player issues

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/16568225.stm

Hi deb!  All you need to do is go up to the address bar, left click on it to highlight the URL, right click on it and select the "copy" option, and then, when you type your post, place the cursor where you want the article to go, right click and select "paste".  Hope that's clear. Smile

[ Last edit by Aileen January 15, 2012, 05:37 PM ] IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #74 on: January 15, 2012, 05:49 PM »

And here's the article in question, which I'll put on the right thread, if I can find it -

Rafael Nadal says Roger Federer should speak more on player issues

http://news.bbc.co.uk/sport1/hi/tennis/16568225.stm
Hi deb!  All you need to do is go up to the adcdress bar, left click on it to highlight the URL, right click on it and select the "copy" option, and then, when you type your post, place the cursor where you want the article to go, right click and select "paste".  Hope that's clear. Smile

Thanks Aileen I will give it a go but I am rubbish, as my children tell me.!!!! But I will try.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »