Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open

(Read 3590 times)
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #75 on: January 15, 2012, 05:51 PM »

scotn (I think) has posted it in news articles thread -it certainly is good.
Just seen on bbc website that Rafa is actually criticising Fed in public for not putting his weight behind players who are trying to get improvement sin the tour and talks about ok for Fed who is physically privileged and ending his career fresh as a daisy but that he ,, Nole and Andy are not like that! Sorry not the right place to put this probably but a bit pushed for time.
Sorry Ruthie didn't know it was posted, but well worth a read, very interesting about Raffa, at last Fed being criticised!, love it,,
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #76 on: January 15, 2012, 06:22 PM »

Thanks Aileen I will give it a go but I am rubbish, as my children tell me.!!!! But I will try.
Give it a try deb and you'll succeed, and your children will think you're wonderful! Seriously, though, if you have any problems get back to me. Smile

It occurs to me that this fall-out between Roger and Rafa could well take away some of the over-whelming attention currently being directed at Andy and Lendl. It's pretty heady stuff!  However, that could just be wishful thinking.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #77 on: January 15, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Give it a try deb and you'll succeed, and your children will think you're wonderful! Seriously, though, if you have any problems get back to me. Smile

It occurs to me that this fall-out between Roger and Rafa could well take away some of the over-whelming attention currently being directed at Andy and Lendl. It's pretty heady stuff!  However, that could just be wishful thinking.
Thanks Aileen I will try , I am trying to learn new things that's why I am doing this on my ipad, but it takes me a bit longer but I will get there in the end.  confused . Your right I think it could take the attention away from Andy,  I think it's great Raffa has spoken out, this could run for a while, I am sure a few more journalists will pick up on it!!!!
IP Logged
jdonald
Satellite Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #78 on: January 15, 2012, 08:08 PM »

that is great. i am so pleased Rafa has spoken up, yes Fed has not been interested his day is on the decline does not care.

unfortunately, during the last year he has changed not a fan of mine regardless what he has achieved he has let himself down. not supporting his fellow players.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #79 on: January 15, 2012, 10:10 PM »

It occurs to me that this fall-out between Roger and Rafa could well take away some of the over-whelming attention currently being directed at Andy and Lendl. It's pretty heady stuff!  However, that could just be wishful thinking.
Do hope so Aileen - and hope it might unsettle smugfed too as he simply doesn't know what it's like to be criticised publically and in particular not by someone as senior as Rafa.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #80 on: January 16, 2012, 12:10 AM »

Do hope so Aileen - and hope it might unsettle smugfed too as he simply doesn't know what it's like to be criticised publically and in particular not by someone as senior as Rafa.
I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Mr Smug heard or read about this!  I strongly suspect Mr Cool would have well and truly lost his cool. Very Happy
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #81 on: January 16, 2012, 03:55 AM »

Who needs politics when you've got tennis?.... lol
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #82 on: January 16, 2012, 09:48 AM »

I'd like to have been a fly on the wall when Mr Smug heard or read about this!  I strongly suspect Mr Cool would have well and truly lost his cool. Very Happy

I totally agree with you on that one "Aileen" I've long since suspected that Mr. Federer appeared only interested in himself and his own agendas when it came to speaking up on behalf of the other players rights re: the tour scheduling. I am surprised that Rafa has spoken up so publicly and accused Mr Federer of basically sitting on his behind and simply paying lipservice to the powers that run the ATP tour! Perhaps it would have been more prudent of Rafa to have confronted him (Federer) in private?

Has this apparent rift shattered the Rafa/Federer love in? i suspect in the short term it will but in the long term i suspect not, both Rafa and Federer have too much to lose to allow this spat to fester. By the summer it will be yesterdays news and we'll not remember much about this. None the less its a very interesting development in mens tennis. I'm left wondering if other male players on the tour feel as Rafa does, and will they now speak out also?
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #83 on: January 16, 2012, 09:51 AM »

I've posted another article about this on tennis news and Davydenko has waded in.

I guess the other players want their 'president' to stand up a little more for them instead of saying that the schedule is okay for him and that's were the vice president has hit out.  Change of power called for eh?
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #84 on: January 16, 2012, 10:00 AM »

I've posted another article about this on tennis news and Davydenko has waded in.

I guess the other players want their 'president' to stand up a little more for them instead of saying that the schedule is okay for him and that's were the vice president has hit out.  Change of power called for eh?

Totally agree, perhaps a change in the presidency is required. As president, you sometimes have to put your interests on the back burner and think more in tune with the collective, aswell as sometimes sticking your head above the "trench" and taking some hits from those who wish to push the collective harder at cost to the collective. What a time for all this to blow up in Federers face!
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #85 on: January 16, 2012, 10:02 AM »

Won't say a word about Swiss and "neutrality"....oops I just did... Eyebrow raise.
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #86 on: January 16, 2012, 10:07 AM »

Won't say a word about Swiss and "neutrality"....oops I just did... Eyebrow raise.

HA HA HA HA!! hug
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #87 on: January 16, 2012, 10:10 AM »

And  hug to u 2! Nice 2 c u back.
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #88 on: January 16, 2012, 11:23 AM »

I totally agree with you on that one "Aileen" I've long since suspected that Mr. Federer appeared only interested in himself and his own agendas when it came to speaking up on behalf of the other players rights re: the tour scheduling. I am surprised that Rafa has spoken up so publicly and accused Mr Federer of basically sitting on his behind and simply paying lipservice to the powers that run the ATP tour! Perhaps it would have been more prudent of Rafa to have confronted him (Federer) in private?

Has this apparent rift shattered the Rafa/Federer love in? i suspect in the short term it will but in the long term i suspect not, both Rafa and Federer have too much to lose to allow this spat to fester. By the summer it will be yesterdays news and we'll not remember much about this. None the less its a very interesting development in mens tennis. I'm left wondering if other male players on the tour feel as Rafa does, and will they now speak out also?
Hi PT - perhaps he did confront him in private first and got nowhere?  Hence the uncharacteristic public spat.  Seems to me the successful players are standing up for those further down the rankings in terms of prize money as well.  I hope this shows people how self-centred smugfed is and how he lacks any sense of collective solidarity with the other players.  But not holding my breath. doh
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Re: Murray handed tough draw at Aussie Open « Reply #89 on: January 16, 2012, 11:59 AM »

Hi PT - perhaps he did confront him in private first and got nowhere?  Hence the uncharacteristic public spat.  Seems to me the successful players are standing up for those further down the rankings in terms of prize money as well.  I hope this shows people how self-centred smugfed is and how he lacks any sense of collective solidarity with the other players.  But not holding my breath. doh

Hi Ruthie - perhaps he did? It is plausable. That said, i like the fact that there seems to be a "brothers in arms" feeling about all this now. "When one wins we all win, and when one loses we all lose" - regarding your comment about collective solidaritary, i could not agree with you more, its going to be interesting to see if Federers PR machine now goes into overdrive and tries to mitigate any damage to the Federer brand.  Think
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 3 4 5 [6] 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »