Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic

(Read 2690 times)
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #15 on: July 03, 2012, 03:03 PM »

Muzzah will beat the bunny on grass.
IP Logged
backhandslice
Seed

You love my shenanigans. Admit it.

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #16 on: July 03, 2012, 03:06 PM »

Ferrer will face Murray who is looking stunning at the moment and very dangerous.

IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #17 on: July 03, 2012, 03:16 PM »

Getting to the final is a realistic hope and I'd be very satisfied if he lost at that point.
Hmm - for me it would depend on the manner of the loss.
IP Logged
mcenroeforever
Satellite Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #18 on: July 03, 2012, 03:20 PM »

So impressed with how Andy dealt with this match, his serve was on fire and he dealt so well with the rain interruptions. What a great, focused performance! Should be an amazing match against Ferrer tomorrow, but if Andy serves like he did today he will win. It was probably a big asset to Andy having Lendl's experience to call on during the rain delays today, here's hoping his big game experience is still coming in useful at the weekend!
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Touch the sky - and touch it he did.

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #19 on: July 03, 2012, 03:26 PM »

Missed most of it but so relieved at outcome and to hear that Andy played brilliantly, particularly the serve.  Good for him not letting all the rain delays get to him.  He was very gracious in his post-match interview, which I've just caught, saying he doesn't deserve to play on CC every time.  BBC seem confident he'll be on CC tomorrow and Nole on #1.  If not you'd have to feel that the authorities really did have it in for our Andy.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #20 on: July 03, 2012, 03:28 PM »

Great performance from Andy today although I don't think Cilic was quite as exhausted as you make out, a little weary perhaps ... Smile

Glad Andy got things done and dusted so quickly and made it an excellent practice match.  Needed to conserve his energy before meeting the DB.  However I did find Andy's nervousness yesterday a bit worrying, although he did manage to pull himself together before the rain arrived.   Perhaps Lendl had a confidence-boosting chat with him overnight.

The Ferrer match should be very entertaining but if isn't put on CC all hell will be let loose!

IP Logged
lgriev10
Satellite Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #21 on: July 03, 2012, 03:58 PM »

Muzzah will beat the bunny on grass.

That's if he can catch him and hold him down first! Guy with axe
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #22 on: July 03, 2012, 04:03 PM »

Great performance from Andy today although I don't think Cilic was quite as exhausted as you make out, a little weary perhaps ... Smile

Glad Andy got things done and dusted so quickly and made it an excellent practice match.  Needed to conserve his energy before meeting the DB.  However I did find Andy's nervousness yesterday a bit worrying, although he did manage to pull himself together before the rain arrived.   Perhaps Lendl had a confidence-boosting chat with him overnight.

The Ferrer match should be very entertaining but if isn't put on CC all hell will be let loose!

He plays one match every Wimbledon on No. 1. It's standard. So I should be looking good with my CC tickets tomorrow. I fear I won't see Herr Kohlschreiber, though. It's looking like Fedex.  yuk
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #23 on: July 03, 2012, 04:07 PM »

He plays one match every Wimbledon on No. 1. It's standard. So I should be looking good with my CC tickets tomorrow. I fear I won't see Herr Kohlschreiber, though. It's looking like Fedex.  yuk
We're not crying any tears for you grabcopy.  Andy against the terrior should be enough for any man.   w00t
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #24 on: July 03, 2012, 04:09 PM »

Great Result, feel Andy is peaking at the right moment. After what can only be described as nervous inhibited play at times in rounds two and three, he sure looks like he is moving through the gears nicely again. Most of the pundits were writing his chances off when the draw for Wimbledon was announced. By far he has had the toughest draw of the top four. However, that said i understand you can only play who is in front of you. While i worry about the Ferrer match tomorrow, Andy knows what he has to do. He has to take the fight to Ferrer. I believe he will, then victory will be assured. Lets be honest Ferrer plays one way, his strength is his fitness and endless supply of Duracell AA batteries. Andy will just have too much variety for Ferrer.

What has really impressed me about Andy's performances to date during these championships has been his greatly improved mental fortitude. Lendl's presence looks like it's starting to pay dividends here.   yay  yay  yay

IP Logged
michelle
Seed

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #25 on: July 03, 2012, 04:16 PM »

Great Result, feel Andy is peaking at the right moment. After what can only be described as nervous inhibited play at times in rounds two and three, he sure looks like he is moving through the gears nicely again. Most of the pundits were writing his chances off when the draw for Wimbledon was announced. By far he has had the toughest draw of the top four. However, that said i understand you can only play who is in front of you. While i worry about the Ferrer match tomorrow, Andy knows what he has to do. He has to take the fight to Ferrer. I believe he will, then victory will be assured. Lets be honest Ferrer plays one way, his strength is his fitness and endless supply of Duracell AA batteries. Andy will just have too much variety for Ferrer.

What has really impressed me about Andy's performances to date during these championships has been his greatly improved mental fortitude. Lendl's presence looks like it's starting to pay dividends here.   yay  yay  yay

Totally agree with all you have said. I would add that Andy's forehand and serve have become real weapons and this I think is down to Lendl, it has taken a little while for them to bed in, but now they are weapons that can down any of the top 3, and can bring him to winning this tournament. jumping-w00t
IP Logged
Ruthie
Veteran

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #26 on: July 03, 2012, 04:18 PM »

What has really impressed me about Andy's performances to date during these championships has been his greatly improved mental fortitude. Lendl's presence looks like it's starting to pay dividends here.   yay  yay  yay

Hey great that you're back PT.  Have missed you!  Let's hope your return is in time to celebrate a triumph for Andy - not that you are a fairweather fan of course  Whistle
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #27 on: July 03, 2012, 04:40 PM »

Andy in 3.
It has to be really, although David won't win he could tire Andy out and that would not be good with Tsonga and Novak still to go.
He has the weapons and variety to give David the run around and must take it to him.
He must make an example of David to increase his momentum.
Andy was imperious Today its nice to see him raise his game.
Although Novak has been also, but that was indoors against someone he has beaten 12 times.
If he can keep on improving, there is no reason why he can't get his first slam, but he'll need the crowd fully behind him to make up for his nerves.
Fortunately Novak also gets nervous when he plays Andy due to his unpredictable gamestyle probably, so he wont run away with it. As long as Andy plays well that is.
[ Last edit by theycanbillme July 03, 2012, 05:03 PM ] IP Logged
Hazybear
Grand Slam Champion

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #28 on: July 03, 2012, 04:41 PM »

although he gifted it right back again thanks to a scatter-cushion forehanabout as trustworthy as a Bob Diamond IOU.

I love it lmao
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #29 on: July 03, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Ferrer is no match for an on form Murray.
That's all it boils down to really, which Murray will turn up.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 [2] 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »