Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic

(Read 2747 times)
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #30 on: July 03, 2012, 04:59 PM »

Hmm - for me it would depend on the manner of the loss.
If he got to the final, I don't know if I'd be more gutted by a straight sets defeat or going down 6-8 in the 5th.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #31 on: July 03, 2012, 05:01 PM »

That's all it boils down to really, which Murray will turn up.

If he decides to let himself be moody or whatever then he can forget about being a slam winner. He won't however, he's pretty much Mr dependable now in the latter half of the slams. That is until he reaches the finals unfortunately.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #32 on: July 03, 2012, 05:02 PM »

If he got to the final, I don't know if I'd be more gutted by a straight sets defeat or going down 6-8 in the 5th.

You should be far more gutted about the by the former. The latter would be a major improvement.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #33 on: July 03, 2012, 05:06 PM »

although he gifted it right back again thanks to a scatter-cushion forehanabout as trustworthy as a Bob Diamond IOU.

I love it lmao

Very good indeed Very Happy
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

Murray Mad

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #34 on: July 03, 2012, 05:12 PM »

Muzzah will beat the bunny on grass.
I trust you Nigel and you have alayed my fears!
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #35 on: July 03, 2012, 05:12 PM »

You should be far more gutted about the by the former. The latter would be a major improvement.
Oh definitely, but it would just be so much more gutting to come so close. I think at the time it would be worse, but by the next day once the post-match disappointment has faded we'd be able to appreciate it.. much with the AO this year.

Anyway, long way to go yet. If he can get past Ferrer then there's (probably) Tsonga. Either of them could make the final if Murray's not on his A-game.
IP Logged
Fiverings
ATP Level

Andy Murray - Tennis Legend

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #36 on: July 03, 2012, 05:21 PM »

The former for me, no question. But hey, who talks of defeat 'til it's happened!!  shutup
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #37 on: July 03, 2012, 05:28 PM »

Oh definitely, but it would just be so much more gutting to come so close. I think at the time it would be worse, but by the next day once the post-match disappointment has faded we'd be able to appreciate it.. much with the AO this year.

Anyway, long way to go yet. If he can get past Ferrer then there's (probably) Tsonga. Either of them could make the final if Murray's not on his A-game.

I agree it would be more gutting but ofcourse it would be also much more hopeful, particularly for the USO. Much more.
I'd really hate another 3 set whimper from Andy. It might just be unforgiveable. And would have further detrimental effects.
This is where Lendl earns his money I feel.
Andy was more aggressive than Cilic Today many more winners and serving great. I'm feeling good about a possible `eureka` moment from him should he make the final.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #38 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Andy in 3.
It has to be really, although David won't win he could tire Andy out and that would not be good with Tsonga and Novak still to go.
He has the weapons and variety to give David the run around and must take it to him.
He must make an example of David to increase his momentum.
Andy was imperious Today its nice to see him raise his game.
Although Novak has been also, but that was indoors against someone he has beaten 12 times.
If he can keep on improving, there is no reason why he can't get his first slam, but he'll need the crowd fully behind him to make up for his nerves.
Fortunately Novak also gets nervous when he plays Andy due to his unpredictable gamestyle probably, so he wont run away with it. As long as Andy plays well that is.

You guys are really jixing him. Can we please not make such bold prediction?
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #39 on: July 03, 2012, 05:32 PM »

Andy in 2.
IP Logged
TheMadHatter
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #40 on: July 03, 2012, 05:33 PM »

You guys are really jixing him. Can we please not make such bold prediction?
To be fair, you're the one that made it bold.
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #41 on: July 03, 2012, 05:34 PM »

I trust you Nigel and you have alayed my fears!

Nigel has already lost his winner - Nadal. Trust Andy instead. :p
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #42 on: July 03, 2012, 05:35 PM »

Okay Andy in 4 then.
Although me typing on a forum probably won't matter one way or the other. You do know that I hope   doh
IP Logged
ljs
Futures Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #43 on: July 03, 2012, 05:36 PM »

I was really impressed with how Andy came out and got this done quickly !!

I sense something different in Andy , quiet determination is what Id call it .
Feeling hopeful
IP Logged
Emma Jean
Veteran

We will be Victorious

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #44 on: July 03, 2012, 05:38 PM »

To be fair, you're the one that made it bold.

Okay, I'll laugh. It's funny. Ha ha. But it's not. You will be seriously underestimating Ferrer if you think it's going to be a straight forward affair. For all I know, Andy can get nervous and it may take time for him to get back into the match. Just keep everything in mind. Just don't be over confident. That's all I ask.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »