Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Novak Djokovic, Friday, Time - 6:30pm GMT - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic

(Read 3052 times)
syc23
Futures Level

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #60 on: July 03, 2012, 09:31 PM »

Andy was serving like a beast whenever he was in trouble today. If he can replicate that tomorrow, I have high hopes he can make it to the SF.

Just like Andy dismantled Rafa in Tokyo after losing to him at USO. Here's hoping Andy will be fired up to make up for losing to David at RG.
IP Logged
blueberryhill
World No 1

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #61 on: July 03, 2012, 10:43 PM »

V. Ferrer on clay nervous
V. Ferrer on grass thumb up
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Your goals minus your doubts equal your reality

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #62 on: July 03, 2012, 10:53 PM »

^Andy doesn't take any illegal substances.
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #63 on: July 04, 2012, 12:02 AM »

Andy's game seems to be improving along with his confidence round by round, all being well tomorrow and there is no reason why it should not be, i expect our Andy to make the semis and then who knows. Should he make the final, then i am happy that Lendl will be with him to take him over this last hurdle - playing the tennis we all know he can play, rather than the nervous tennis he has shown us in his previous Slam finals. whatever the outcome i am so proud of our Andy.  cmon yeah
Hi PT wave  Great to have you back again and I found this and your earlier post very encouraging. Smile
IP Logged
Bevc
Murraymaniac

I'd give up chocolate but I'm no quitter!

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #64 on: July 04, 2012, 07:18 AM »

He plays one match every Wimbledon on No. 1. It's standard. So I should be looking good with my CC tickets tomorrow. I fear I won't see Herr Kohlschreiber, though. It's looking like Fedex.  yuk

I'd spend some time in the beer tent during the opening match if I were you Whistle

Enjoy the other match though - get those tonsils lubricated! clapping
IP Logged
psychological tennis
Challenger Level

Koala's are cute and cuddly

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #65 on: July 04, 2012, 10:18 AM »

Hi PT wave  Great to have you back again and I found this and your earlier post very encouraging. Smile

Hi Aileen, its good to be back. Thanks for your kind words, sometimes swimming against the negativity can be tiring. Our Andy will do it, Ferrer will come with a mindset of never stop till the last ball is hit. Our Andy must do the same. No concentration lapses, no tantrums. Just pure focus, focus focus. But above all Our Andy has to be courageous and go for his shots - believe! yay cmon yeah I will be away from this afternoon for a couple of days, so i'll be missing the match, but i'll stay tuned to live scores on my phone via the Wimbledon App hug
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #66 on: July 04, 2012, 10:23 AM »

Did anyone hear the berk during the first set of the Baggy match the other night who shouted something like 'come on Marcos, do it for England' as Andy was about to serve? Nigel, if you hear such a thing again today then you have my permission to use the MW shotgun. I swear I heard a similar thing during the Gasquet match in 2008. Such wit. I hope the crowd around them told them to FO.
IP Logged
teejay1
Top Seed

Courage doesn't always roar - but wins Wimbledon

Re: Murray hands the Horlicks to Cilic « Reply #67 on: July 19, 2012, 04:20 PM »

Hi All,

I could not believe how well Andy served in the resumption of the match against Cilic. He looked in the mood as well, which I think is always a great sign.

I think I've said it before on another thread, so I apologise (I swear my brain is stuck on repeat half the time!) but what really impressed me, other than the serving from our lad, was at 5 all 30 all in that first set. It was all just a bit tight, but there was a sense that Andy could take control if he just remained in control of himself. I could have burst with pride (and would have made a hell of a mess in the living room) when Andy just said 'come on now'. It wasn't remarked upon by the commentators, and wasn't to get the crowd going. It was a calm collection of himself. To me it illustrated so much how Andy's mindset is changing, and for the better.

IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »