Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray helps GB to Davis Cup lead 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Down Reply
Author

Murray helps GB to Davis Cup lead

(Read 2053 times)
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray helps GB to Davis Cup lead « Reply #30 on: September 22, 2011, 01:09 AM »

Actually, I wouldn't be surprised. Inevitably he will slip down the rankings, albeit slowly. I can't think he'll want to go out of the top 10, can you? Can't remember what ranking Sampras was when he quit but do remember he'd started to lose on a regular basis. Fed has quite a large ego, can't imagine him coping with being beaten on a regular basis.
He still thinks he can get his No.1 ranking back.  How deluded can he get?   Even the great Sampras never managed that, although he did win his final Slam at the age of 31.

He'd actually already qualified for the Olympics before the latest Davis Cup tie (he played in July) so I think he travelled to Australia to help Switzerland get promoted to the World Group.
Thanks.  I couldn't remember if he played in July or not.  Mind you if Switzerland are in the World Group now they could be toiling unless Fed plays for them next year since, apart from Wawrinka, they have only two players currently ranked around the 200 mark.

[ Last edit by Aileen September 22, 2011, 01:14 AM ] IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 [3] Go Up Reply 
« previous next »