Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism

(Read 3638 times)
Mark
Murraymaniac

Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « on: July 06, 2011, 11:41 PM »

Andy Murray has responded to criticism from former Davis Cup captain David Lloyd over his appearance.

Lloyd, a former doubles player with one career title to his name, suggested that Murray should be more "clean-shaven" on court if he wanted to win a Grand Slam event.

However, the Scot has dismissed the advice and said that Lloyd is "stuck in the 80s" and should get back to "building leisure clubs".

I don't think it makes any difference. Guys like Borg didn't shave for weeks and months until they lost.

He's entitled to whatever his opinion is, but I think he should stick to what he does best and that's building leisure clubs.

I just need to keep working hard and not worry about what all of the ex-British players have got to say about my game because I know more about tennis than them.

Murray was speaking at the opening of tennis courts close to the Braehead venue for the Davis Cup clash with Luxembourg.
[ Last edit by Mark July 07, 2011, 01:06 AM ] IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #1 on: July 06, 2011, 11:55 PM »

This ^ has already been posted twice earlier today, once by Iris and once by myself.  But hey, better late than never Very Happy
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #2 on: July 06, 2011, 11:56 PM »

This ^ has already been posted twice earlier today, once by Iris and once by myself.  But hey, better late than never Very Happy
Posted, not published. Important distinction Wink
IP Logged
Daisy
John McEnroe

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #3 on: July 06, 2011, 11:57 PM »

Posted, not published. Important distinction Wink

Just glad you can find inspiration in items submitted by your members Smile
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #4 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49 AM »

Hey Mark, nice news report!
IP Logged
IonaRed
Challenger Level

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #5 on: July 07, 2011, 12:49 AM »

Murray hits back at Lloyd’s criticism
(video comments from Andy)

http://sport.stv.tv/tennis/261472-murray-hits-back-at-lloyds-criticism/

Andy Murray has accused David Lloyd of being “stuck in the 80s” after the former Great Britain Davis Cup captain claimed the Scot had an image problem.

IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #6 on: July 07, 2011, 12:53 AM »

Thanks IonaRed, updated the article based on your link.

I just need to keep working hard and not worry about what all of the ex-British players have got to say about my game because I know more about tennis than them.

Feisty.
[ Last edit by Mark July 07, 2011, 01:05 AM ] IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #7 on: July 07, 2011, 01:13 AM »

You tell 'em, Andy!   

Where is that link again to the Davis Cup, please Mark?  Hope can find a link to watch it??
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #8 on: July 07, 2011, 01:15 AM »

I haven't come across a link for the Davis Cup?
IP Logged
top_spin
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #9 on: July 07, 2011, 01:32 AM »

I haven't come across a link for the Davis Cup?

That's because you don't read Andy Talk you tube Wink

The link to watch the Davis Cup live is on this page: http://uk.eurosport.yahoo.com/28062011/58/davis-cup-murray-return-british-eurosport.html
IP Logged
adb..OH
Seed

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #10 on: July 07, 2011, 07:28 AM »

Thanks t_s, I knew I saw it somewhere before.
IP Logged
Quackers
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #11 on: July 07, 2011, 10:12 AM »

Read this in the Metro, what a load of bull!
IP Logged
FCR
Futures Level

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #12 on: July 07, 2011, 10:39 AM »

Variations of the idiom "tidy desk, tidy mind" could be applied to this argument.  Djokovic is immaculate in his appearance.  Nadal is very precise about how he arranges his bag, towels and bottles, etc.  Andy pulls items out of his bag, then stuffs them back in disarray.  His hair isn't "styled" to look the way it does and his patchy face hair isn't exactly designer stubble either.  Surely when he looks in the mirror he sees a "mess".  As much as I like him as a person and appreciate his marvellous tennis, he does, from my view, look scruffy.  Sorry.  No doubt HE feels good about himself.  However, if his hair were cut professionally, clean shaven, head held high, shoulders back, it would radiate a more confident air and perhaps even reflect an edge in his game.  When Borg looked the way he did, it was in an era of hippie types and he didn't really look out of the ordinary.   Just my opinion.
IP Logged
Mark
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #13 on: July 07, 2011, 10:44 AM »

Interesting theory, probably holds some degree of weight.
IP Logged
ChrisMac
World No 1

Re: Murray hits back over Lloyd criticism « Reply #14 on: July 07, 2011, 11:12 AM »

Looking forward to the Davis Cup and sooooooooo glad it's on Eurosport. Those commentators for Wimbledon did my head in. Liked the comments Andy made about Lloyd, very mature, you tell them Andy!
IP Logged
Pages: [1] 2 3 4 5 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »