Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Jurgen Melzer, Wednesday, Time TBA - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray humbled by Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray humbled by Ferrer

(Read 5330 times)
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #180 on: November 26, 2011, 07:22 PM »

I agree.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #181 on: November 26, 2011, 07:29 PM »

I agree.
 roflmao can we ?
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #182 on: November 26, 2011, 07:58 PM »

i would up for that Very Happy
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #183 on: November 26, 2011, 08:00 PM »

Unfortunately, MW friends, during my working week, I am still unable to post any comments on MW's website owing to unknown failings of my office computer. Neither our Mark here or my own IT man have been able to resolve the deficiency. Hence my comments are only for late at night or Saturday via my home computer.

if you can post your problems here with your pc, i or maybe some others may be able to help you
i am sure i am not the only qualified pc technician on this post
IP Logged
Aileen
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #184 on: November 27, 2011, 12:22 AM »

Sorry to take so long to get round to catching up with this thread, and apologise if somebody else has already pointed this out.

My feeling is that Andy should have taken more time off between Paris and London.  He apparently sustained the injury whilst training -  as I understand it exactly a week before he was due to play Ferrer.  That means he had only three days between his QF in Paris, where he was complaining of some pain in his hamstring and elbow, and starting training.  It really does beg the question, why did he feel the need to start training so soon?  Surely this could have been left until later in the week and, as a result, Andy giving his body the rest it richly deserved and that at the end of the season when it's most needed?  Tired muscles are more likely to pick up injuries.

Perhaps the WTF should be scrapped.  Expecting players to be at their best when the season is finished is a big ask.  Maybe the organisers should take a good look at this year's where two out of the four top players were either too crocked or too tired to turn in the sort of performances expected from them - and that's before Andy had to withdraw.  Next year will be even worse with the Olympics added to the schedule.  Also the Tour may be ending two weeks earlier than previously in order to make the off-season longer, but the downside is that Paris and the WTF will be played back-to-back.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #185 on: November 27, 2011, 12:51 AM »

I think the WTF finals have been a bit of a flop this year.    Most of the players who were there
looked as if they wished to be somewhere else!!!   But the Fed now says the schedule is OK
so the oracle has spoken and it is unlikely there will be any change.
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #186 on: November 27, 2011, 12:59 AM »

I do wish we didn't have to have the avatar of Fed here on Andy's forum, it would be a good idea if one of the moderators could put a ban on it  as it is inappropriate.Perhaps I will go and put lots of Andy photos on the Fed page, and see how they feel.

I wouldn't want to give them the pleasure of seeing a goodlooking guy.    Anyway they prefer old Fed with that nose that looks as if it was made out of
plasticine and stuck on under close together slitty eyes.    Willing to post lots of insults if that's what the majority wants.   Might be letting our guy down though - he's always so dignified and I'm proud of him for that.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #187 on: November 27, 2011, 06:55 AM »

I think the WTF finals have been a bit of a flop this year.    Most of the players who were there
looked as if they wished to be somewhere else!!!   But the Fed now says the schedule is OK
so the oracle has spoken and it is unlikely there will be any change.
Would that be the same Fed who pulled out of Halle this year because he wanted to 'rest up' before Wimbledon, totally stuffing the organisers who have backed him to the hilt for years and letting down all the fans who had paid good money to see him? That Fed? fainting
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #188 on: November 27, 2011, 07:02 AM »

Sorry Iluvandy, but I can't see anything dignified in a man who thinks it's ok to put down other players every chance he gets! Perhaps he thinks that saying "Without wishing to take anything away from him......" before doing JUST THAT makes it ok! He constantly tries to make himself look big by making other people look small. I don't see any dignity in that!
[ Last edit by Caz November 27, 2011, 07:20 AM ] IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #189 on: November 27, 2011, 09:44 AM »

Oh Caz I would never in a million years suggest that Fed was dignified - to me he is a complete idiot.   It was "our guy" I was referring to as dignified - just wondering
if the idea that we should all post on Fed's website is worthy of Andy.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #190 on: November 27, 2011, 09:52 AM »

Oh Caz I would never in a million years suggest that Fed was dignified - to me he is a complete idiot.   It was "our guy" I was referring to as dignified - just wondering
if the idea that we should all post on Fed's website is worthy of Andy.
Awww.......So sorry Iluvandy.......I should have known better! I couldn't have been properly awake! hug
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #191 on: November 27, 2011, 10:04 AM »

OK Caz....I knew you would be half asleep..... 7.02 on a Sunday morning.    I was still in the Land of Nod.
IP Logged
OldScotSupport
ATP Level

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #192 on: November 27, 2011, 10:23 AM »

Would that be the same Fed who pulled out of Halle this year because he wanted to 'rest up' before Wimbledon, totally stuffing the organisers who have backed him to the hilt for years and letting down all the fans who had paid good money to see him? That Fed? fainting

Like it or not, Federer is one of the giants of men's tennis. It is only his negative attitude to his fellow professionals that is suspect. He is a man of the world and knows fully how to come across with the public and comms at large, but totally indifferent to the feelings of other top players within the circuit.

He is an arrogant man, who is typical of his countrymen. I have spent many years in Switzerland and met many individuals with attitudes just like Federer. His demeanour may also be exacerbated by his South African mother, brought up  during the apartheid regime.

I feel that his comments are to be placed in the dustbin of ignorance and to be ignored for MW and Andy's peace of mind. Federer's time is coming to an end and an intelligent man like he is aware of approaching career end. He doesn't like it and holding on to his old tennis memories. It's Andy's year ahead with some up and coming youngsters in support. Federer will go sometime during 2012 or 2013 at the latest, when no more slams are achieved.
[ Last edit by OldScotSupport November 27, 2011, 10:27 AM ] IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #193 on: November 27, 2011, 11:08 AM »

Yes...he's a giant alright........a giant b****y hypocrite......and I'll stop making nasty comments about him, the day he stops making snide comments about Andy! "Without wishing to take anything away from him....." indeed! Eyebrow raise.
[ Last edit by Caz November 27, 2011, 12:15 PM ] IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #194 on: November 27, 2011, 01:53 PM »

Our comments about Mr Smug are required this is the man who is two faced. In his public persona he like to think of himself as all thats good in tennis. In fact he is showing more and more of his other face a hypocrite, a nasty man who insults other players and loves to think of himself as my wonderful. The later description is the accurate one. He has become bitter because he is not winning matches in the way he used to. He is not entering tournaments were all the best players are for example Paris were Andy was the only other top 4 player. He discounted Andy's wins in Asia as though it were a trifle and of no consequence. This is the man who has just received an award for the fairest tennis player in the world. What a  Hypocrite.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 ... 10 11 12 [13] 14 15 16 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »