Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
Andy Murray vs Fabio Fognini, Thursday, Estimated time - 1:45pm BST - Discuss the match
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray humbled by Ferrer 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 ... 11 12 13 [14] 15 16 Go Down Reply
Author

Murray humbled by Ferrer

(Read 5367 times)
Suzi

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #195 on: November 27, 2011, 04:50 PM »

I was at the 02 on Monday for Andy's match and had a seat in the 7th row, mid court opposite the Umpire and could see the strain on Andy's face and also could clearly see from the beginning, that he was trying not to move about in his usual way.  I have seen Andy play live about 6 times now and he was clearly not up to speed.   I was not surprised when the physio was called out but WAS surprised that Andy carried on until the end of the match.  Most players would have retired there and then from the match!!!   confused

I wish Andy was more selfish and single minded, instead of trying to please all of the people, all of the time.  Now as usual,  there is the usual "Andy bashing" in the papers and on Facebook etc etc Rolling Eyes  Predictable, boring  and tedious springs to mind.

As for Mr. Smugness (aka Mr Federer), he really ought to know better, than to make disparaging comments about Andy.  It smacks of bad sportsmanship, but most of all, a sense of "nervousness" nervous.   If, he really felt so superior to Andy, he would just feel sorry for him and not threatened by him.  It is basic human psychology.  Andy should take heart, and look at the situation in this way.

Proof of the pudding and all that - and just hope Andy comes back guns-a-blazing for the Aussie Open.   I still think he is the most interesting player around to watch live and a real gentleman to boot.  Just wish he would really toughen up and say "fingers up to the bar-stewards who bash him"and be single minded all the way to being No. 1, which is easily in his talent to do and be!!!

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #196 on: November 27, 2011, 05:28 PM »

You are so right Suzi. Agree with you especially when you say: "Just wish he would really toughen up and say "fingers up to the bar-stewards who bash him"and be single minded all the way to being No. 1, which is easily in his talent to do and be!!!

...Except if he does say "fingers up" to the media they will go after him even more. The tennis paparazzi would have a field day and feed off of it. Like Sienna Miller said, if you take the media on you will only be targeted and hounded even more. I hope he ignores them and holds his head up high.

Its good to know you were and could see first hand. You confirm what we all know to be true about his injury. Nice posting.  hug

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #197 on: November 27, 2011, 05:29 PM »

I hope Jo W. knocks the s**t out of RF tonight. I am sending Jo W. all my good vibes. He is a worthy winner!

What a nice guy he is.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #198 on: November 27, 2011, 05:31 PM »

I'm with you on that Lashurst! cmon yeah
IP Logged
Littlebuddha
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #199 on: November 27, 2011, 05:33 PM »

Me too hope he knocks his socks off too.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

I'd like to be impartial, but I can't!

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #200 on: November 27, 2011, 05:44 PM »

I was at the 02 on Monday for Andy's match and had a seat in the 7th row, mid court opposite the Umpire and could see the strain on Andy's face and also could clearly see from the beginning, that he was trying not to move about in his usual way.  I have seen Andy play live about 6 times now and he was clearly not up to speed.   I was not surprised when the physio was called out but WAS surprised that Andy carried on until the end of the match.  Most players would have retired there and then from the match!!!   confused

I wish Andy was more selfish and single minded, instead of trying to please all of the people, all of the time.  Now as usual,  there is the usual "Andy bashing" in the papers and on Facebook etc etc Rolling Eyes  Predictable, boring  and tedious springs to mind.

As for Mr. Smugness (aka Mr Federer), he really ought to know better, than to make disparaging comments about Andy.  It smacks of bad sportsmanship, but most of all, a sense of "nervousness" nervous.   If, he really felt so superior to Andy, he would just feel sorry for him and not threatened by him.  It is basic human psychology.  Andy should take heart, and look at the situation in this way.

Proof of the pudding and all that - and just hope Andy comes back guns-a-blazing for the Aussie Open.   I still think he is the most interesting player around to watch live and a real gentleman to boot.  Just wish he would really toughen up and say "fingers up to the bar-stewards who bash him"and be single minded all the way to being No. 1, which is easily in his talent to do and be!!!

Your right Suzi, i was there to and straight away knew some thing was wrong, bless him he still signed autographs. Fed is just a arrogant t ---t, . We will all be cheering in 2012 for Andy when he wins the AO slam. welcome by the way.
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #201 on: November 27, 2011, 05:44 PM »

Like it or not, Federer is one of the giants of men's tennis. It is only his negative attitude to his fellow professionals that is suspect. He is a man of the world and knows fully how to come across with the public and comms at large, but totally indifferent to the feelings of other top players within the circuit.

He is an arrogant man, who is typical of his countrymen. I have spent many years in Switzerland and met many individuals with attitudes just like Federer. His demeanour may also be exacerbated by his South African mother, brought up  during the apartheid regime.

I feel that his comments are to be placed in the dustbin of ignorance and to be ignored for MW and Andy's peace of mind. Federer's time is coming to an end and an intelligent man like he is aware of approaching career end. He doesn't like it and holding on to his old tennis memories. It's Andy's year ahead with some up and coming youngsters in support. Federer will go sometime during 2012 or 2013 at the latest, when no more slams are achieved.
clap
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #202 on: November 27, 2011, 05:45 PM »

I hope Jo W. knocks the s**t out of RF tonight. I am sending Jo W. all my good vibes. He is a worthy winner!

What a nice guy he is.
Come on Tsonga.  toot
IP Logged
Suzi

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #203 on: November 27, 2011, 05:53 PM »

You are so right Suzi. Agree with you especially when you say: "I just wish he would really toughen up and say "fingers up to the bar-stewards who bash him"and be single minded all the way to being No. 1, which is easily in his talent to do and be!!!

...Except if he does say "fingers up" to the media they will go after him even more. The tennis paparazzi would have a field day and feed off of it. Like Sienna Miller said, if you take the media on you will only be targeted and hounded even more. I hope he ignores them and holds his head up high.

Its good to know you were and could see first hand. You confirm what we all know to be true about his injury. Nice posting.  hug

Thank you for your reply .  I meant that he should ignore the media in essence...I know its difficult....like when he is on a winning streak he is English and Scottish when on a losing streak  confused and yes it was actually quite obvious being so close to the court that there was something wrong right from the beginning of play. 

Hope Andy can regroup in mind and body and come back fighting.

IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #204 on: November 27, 2011, 06:15 PM »

Looks bad just now for JWT at the 1st set..

Shame
IP Logged
Iluvandy
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #205 on: November 27, 2011, 06:19 PM »

Thanks Suzi for that "straight from the horse's mouth" posting.    Andy's real fans knew he was really hurting or he would not have given up.    Don't want him to toughen up too much though.    Just want him to go on being Andy.    He'll get there and he'll do it his way.   He is so good to watch - the best.   
IP Logged
deb
Seed

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #206 on: November 27, 2011, 06:34 PM »

Looks bad just now for JWT at the 1st set..

Shame
No come on Tsonga dont let him win!!! it will be terrible  for Tsonga if Fed beats him.
IP Logged
lashurst
World No 1

I'm crazy about Murray

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #207 on: November 27, 2011, 07:22 PM »

Blood and sand!!!!  Tsonga my darling  wub yay

Took the 2nd set from under FEDs nose.  Good lad.

Go for it JWT!!!!!! cmon yeah cmon yeah
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #208 on: November 27, 2011, 07:24 PM »

Did Smug face just choke!!
IP Logged
curtis71
Satellite Level

Re: Murray humbled by Ferrer « Reply #209 on: November 27, 2011, 07:25 PM »

C'mon Mighty Jo Tsonga
IP Logged