Home Search Calendar Help Login Register
Did you miss your activation email?
MurraysWorld Discussions  >  Murray Community  >  News  >  Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez 0 Members and 1 Guest are viewing this topic. « previous next »
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Down Reply
Author Topic: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez  (Read 3545 times)
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #60 on: March 12, 2012, 06:08 PM »

Actually Eileen, i wasn't even meaning MW.

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Aileen.  I only mention it because my real name is Eileen and I've been getting Aileen, Elaine and Irene all my life and it's very frustrating.

On the subject of the doubles, I was torn because Ross & Colin are doing very well in the rankings at the moment and I would absolutely love to see them playing at the O2.  The points would've been more useful to them right now.
IP Logged
theycanbillme
ATP Level

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #61 on: March 12, 2012, 07:10 PM »

Sorry to be pedantic, but it's Aileen.  I only mention it because my real name is Eileen and I've been getting Aileen, Elaine and Irene all my life and it's very frustrating.

On the subject of the doubles, I was torn because Ross & Colin are doing very well in the rankings at the moment and I would absolutely love to see them playing at the O2.  The points would've been more useful to them right now.

lol Well sorry for getting that one wrong. I know she's called Aileen obviously. It was a mistake, and as the post was directed at Aileen I would have expected her to be bothered by it rather than yourself. But the general point is taken anyway.
I'll be more careful in future.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #62 on: March 12, 2012, 07:35 PM »

Too bad if you thought it was rather harsh.
Well sorry, but this is happening just too often now.
I'm actually getting tired of defending him all the time and having everything blow up in my face due to Andy's continuous implosions.
You know against people that think like this Cowan fellow youre referencing. His behaviour is ridiculous sometimes.
I'll get over it but if he isnt in some kind of tailspin then I expect him to give it his all in Miami. No excuses.

I am with you! Exactly how I feel. Too many excuses.
IP Logged
Tessie
ATP Level

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #63 on: March 12, 2012, 07:47 PM »

Have taken alot of flack from fellow tennis fans today because I have been saying exactly that its nice not to be alone!
IP Logged
Elena
Seed

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #64 on: March 12, 2012, 07:53 PM »

Actually, I find the undending post-mortem and the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth almost more depressing than Andy's inexplicable first round losses.  As Boris Becker famously once said, 'I (He) lost a tennis match - nobody died'! One of the great things about Andy is you never know what's coming next and there is always the next tournament to look forward to.
I'm with you Alis!
IP Logged
Tasmanian Devil
Challenger Level

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #65 on: March 12, 2012, 11:16 PM »

as the post was directed at Aileen I would have expected her to be bothered by it rather than yourself.

When you spend your whole life having to correct people who get your name wrong (even when they can read it on your name badge at work) it makes you sensitive to such things even when it involves other people.  It's not the first time I've seen Aileen addressed as Eileen on here and it just jumps out at me.  One of those silly little things that gets under your skin.

Quote from: Tessie
Have taken alot of flack from fellow tennis fans today because I have been saying exactly that

As much as I love to see the Muzza boys winning, Ross & Colin are at least a proper team with a fighting chance of doing really well.
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #66 on: March 13, 2012, 06:06 AM »

Actually, I find the undending post-mortem and the weeping, wailing and gnashing of teeth almost more depressing than Andy's inexplicable first round losses.  As Boris Becker famously once said, 'I (He) lost a tennis match - nobody died'! One of the great things about Andy is you never know what's coming next and there is always the next tournament to look forward to.
Actually, I do too Alis, which is why I tend to 'flit' over most of these posts without actually reading them! I haven't done any 'weeping and wailing' myself, but if it makes people feel better.......well, let them get on with it.  As I pointed out.......it won't last! After all.....nobody died!
IP Logged
Grabcopy
Top Seed

I know I'm paranoid. But am I paranoid enough?

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #67 on: March 13, 2012, 05:20 PM »

When you spend your whole life having to correct people who get your name wrong (even when they can read it on your name badge at work) it makes you sensitive to such things even when it involves other people.  It's not the first time I've seen Aileen addressed as Eileen on here and it just jumps out at me.  One of those silly little things that gets under your skin.

You should try having a surname like mine (which, incidentally, rhymes with neighbour). Too many times I've sat in crowded waiting rooms and some receptionist has summoned a Mr Grabber, to stifled giggles.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

You (still) ain't seen nothing yet..

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #68 on: March 13, 2012, 06:27 PM »

Haha Nigel!... Would love to tell you my last name and what I've been callled.. and how many times I have to spell it out.  The funny thing is that the kids I work with get it first time, but adults...?
IP Logged
Joe
Top Seed

Boo hoo hoooooooo :'(

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #69 on: March 13, 2012, 06:48 PM »

You should try having a surname like mine (which, incidentally, rhymes with neighbour). Too many times I've sat in crowded waiting rooms and some receptionist has summoned a Mr Grabber, to stifled giggles.

Looks German to me (you Kraut) - I'd have pronounced it 'Grar-ber'. Do you ever get that, or are folk not as cultured as me? Think
IP Logged
Caz
Murraymaniac

I'd like to be the good person my dog thinks I am!

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #70 on: March 13, 2012, 07:02 PM »

You can count me in too guys, as my surname sounds ordinary, but is spelt different to what you would expect, so I'm constantly having to spell it!
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #71 on: March 13, 2012, 07:21 PM »

Looks German to me (you Kraut) - I'd have pronounced it 'Grar-ber'. Do you ever get that, or are folk not as cultured as me? Think
That's worse for Nige....Herr Grabber.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #72 on: March 13, 2012, 07:33 PM »

That's worse for Nige....Herr Grabber.
Ihr Witz ist nicht gut, es erneut zu versuchen.
IP Logged
robbie
Top Seed

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #73 on: March 13, 2012, 07:37 PM »

Danke.witz gut ya.
IP Logged
scotnadian
World No 1

Re: Murray in shocking exit to Garcia-Lopez « Reply #74 on: March 13, 2012, 07:48 PM »

^ Sure... why not. I like that colour too.
IP Logged
Pages: 1 2 3 4 [5] 6 7 Go Up Reply 
« previous next »
+ Quick Reply